Time to bench AG | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Time to bench AG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Me too. I fell asleep last night before halftime and I wasn't even drinking. Have to try something different tonight.
I'm old, somewhat. I'm guessing your old, or have little babies. But I managed last night. You know why? Because I am a UConn Champion. My shirt says so.
Suck it up either old person or young person with babies. You can do this!
*Full disclosure* I feel your pain. I have a 6 year old so the good part about the 9+ pm starts is I'm not reading the Cat in The Hat as the second half starts. The bad part is I'm using toothpicks to hold my eyelids up.

Reaction Score
0gm

True, but I think we need to start him, gaffney had to dribble with his back to the defender and put his arm out at points to keep some space, he also isnt confident in going to the left side while dribbling. Alterique can at least handle the ball and I have no confidence issues with him bringing it up the court. Hes still our best player and hes just in a slump right now.
I don't really understand this statement. He has been horrible. He is not the best player. Far from it. Give the others a chance to get their legs and they will be fine. AG has cost UConn more than he is worth. He has been in a slump since he came to UConn.

Reaction Score
Oof I thought a change would be good for this team and maybe solve the early woes

Reaction Score
I tend to agree AG is just in a slump. Beautiful jumper. He is the best ball handler we have by a mile.

Gaffney has nice passing instincts and will develop nicely but he isn’t quite ready for major minutes. Adams was great last night but he’s not a pg. He’s a combo guard and against a quick, talented team you’ll seE his pg deficiencies.

We need AG to break out.

Reaction Score
If he can get a10 ft pull-up he'd be deadly. He gets by perimeter D with such ease

Reaction Score
AG showed how much we need him. Even though he was driving me crazy in the first half. Our most confident ball handler against a quality opponent
He was MUCH BETTER tonight.

Reaction Score
Wrong idea to bench AG. He's been great for the flow of the game in the half court set for us.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
If he can get a10 ft pull-up he'd be deadly. He gets by perimeter D with such ease
I would take him getting a lay-up. I have never seen a player with a lower lay-up percentage than AG. He seems to intentionally make every drive 3x more difficult than it has to be.

Reaction Score
He’s undersized. He drives into traffic and jumps with nowhere to go. Not a great shooter. Love the kids heart and feel for what he went through but outside of some flashy moves he’s not a diff maker.

Reaction Score
He’s been so much better tonight. Lost at least 3 assists because Josh/Whaley are Charmin soft

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I would take him getting a lay-up. I have never seen a player with a lower lay-up percentage than AG. He seems to intentionally make every drive 3x more difficult than it has to be.
Ahem. He had CV wide open.

Reaction Score
AG needs to give the ball up. He did his job and broke the pressure. DISTRIBUTE. You are a point guard!

Reaction Score
Wrong idea to bench AG. He's been great for the flow of the game in the half court set for us.
Bull , Why did Hurley put the ball in his hands for the last shot ? The worst shooter on the team. He should of kept the same line up as yesterday. He seems to have personal love for AG.

Reaction Score
Somebody has to tell me what Gilbert was doing on that last possession.

Reaction Score
He doesn't explode to the rim when he drives because he is shying away from contact. (shoulder yips)

Reaction Score
WTF has happened to him? He’s been awful all season. They play so much better without him. Play Adams, he deserves it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom