Tim Boyle Continues to Impress | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle Continues to Impress

Reaction Score
I think you slept during that MBB season. The reason they did relatively poorly by Calhoun’s standards was he served an NCAA suspension (which included a practice ban) and missed several games due to health absences. Additionally, we were without our point guard (Boatshow) for part of the season due to an NCAA investigation. Finally, Drummond got hit in the nose and had to adjust to wearing a mask both physically and psychologically.
I do grant you Alex and Dre, while on friendly terms, did not play basketball well together, which Chief could breakdown but it would divert from our discussion.

With all those disruptions Jimmy could not get the continuity to peak the team like he usually did.

As for Tim, he always passed the NFL potential eye test with me. My eye test looks at how the ball came out of his hands, throws he could make and size. While he never became a leader at UConn, knowing him a little I wasn’t concerned about that surfacing with more maturity and experience. He had very poor blocking, receivers who couldn’t get separation and were not used to catching NFL velocity throws given our other QB’s and poor coaching schemes. .Admittedly, in my mind, accuracy was a question mark. Early in his college career the ball sometines took off and went high. He also had to learn progressions.
True, the casual fan and even some who consider themselves “ experts” will look at statistics. While at some point you do need production - it’s clear the Packer scouts saw the protential Chief and one or two others on this Yard saw.
Boyle passed the eye test in shorts. Never in a game. You probably just needed glasses

C

Chief00

Boyle passed the eye test in shorts. Never in a game. You probably just needed glasses
The eye test was about potential for the future not the results he achieved under the circumstances Chief guided you through. Do you realize how hard it is on a young QB when your offensive system and coaches keep changing?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can Boyle do something with the Packers before our resident experts dislocate their shoulders patting themselves on the back? I know packers.com is known for their unbiased balanced opinion on everything Packer related, but they actually play games you know.

C

Chief00

Time will tell who had the assessment ability. Projecting into the future is an art not a science.
Trust in Chief!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Time will tell who had the assessment ability. Projecting into the future is an art not a science.
Trust in Chief!

Chief's projection ability would've given us a UConn offense that threw either an incompletion or an interception every time.

I'm glad Chief has never been in the room when playing time decisions have been made.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Trust in Chief!

Ok...unless you were saying this when Boyle was here, this is revisionist history. Sorry for being a casual fan.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ok...unless you were saying this when Boyle was here, this is revisionist history. Sorry for being a casual fan.

He was saying this as Boyle was firing uncatchable bullets off of receivers' mitts and hitting opposing DBs in stride. No matter how poorly he performed, Chief continued to proclaim him to be the second coming.

Reaction Score
Remember there was something similar written on the Eagles blog about Whitmer at one point. Just sayin’.

Reaction Score
The eye test was about potential for the future not the results he achieved under the circumstances Chief guided you through. Do you realize how hard it is on a young QB when your offensive system and coaches keep changing?

Your commitment to Ricky Henderson-ing yourself in the 3rd person is equal parts impressive and insane.

Reaction Score
Can Boyle do something with the Packers before our resident experts dislocate their shoulders patting themselves on the back? I know packers.com is known for their unbiased balanced opinion on everything Packer related, but they actually play games you know.
Better to be wrong like you, huh?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Better to be wrong like you, huh?

Wrong about what? Tim Boyle was an awful QB here and did squadoosh in FCS.

Guys with big arms go to camps. Good for him if he makes the team but maybe relax on slurping yourself publically over it so far.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Now is a good time for the experts around here to tell us who will be playing on Sundays from the current roster. I'd like to learn this now rather than in 2021 or 2022.

Reaction Score
Now is a good time for the experts around here to tell us who will be playing on Sundays from the current roster. ¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢I'd like to learn this now rather than in 2021 or 2022.

Marshe Terry. Herge Mayala. Omarr Fortt. Matt Peart. There will be others. Several will to emerge later this year.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Marshe Terry. Herge Mayala. Omarr Fortt. There will be others. Several will to emerge later this year.
You get a gold star for courage.

At this point I think just Peart....but I will re-calibrate after four games. T. Jones obviously has potential, but hasn't played a snap. Terry will have to have made a quantum leap in mind - but that doesn't mean I am not rooting for the kid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You get a gold star for courage.At this point I think just think Peart
I meant to include Peart. There will be several others. And based on what the players are saying this summer about better team communication, a greater overall commitment to winning and how position technique is becoming more instinctive, this defense will be much improved. Take the Huskies and the points!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Thankfully, I didn't buy into the bucket hat as much, Diaco's energy sure was infectious. Especially when compared to the prior regime. Too bad he didn't know a whole heck of a lot about football.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Remember how positive and confident and together everyone was when they were wearing the stupid bucket hats?
There were plenty of diacolytes in the early days. They started jumping ship at non-key starters, exhibition games, and process partners.

Reaction Score
You get a gold star for courage.

At this point I think just Peart....but I will re-calibrate after four games. T. Jones obviously has potential, but hasn't played a snap. Terry will have to have made a quantum leap in mind - but that doesn't mean I am not rooting for the kid.
Van Demark has the size. His frame is huge and he's 6'7". If he doesn't lose a lot of quickness when he beefs up, he's probably the likeliest behind Peart

Reaction Score
I know I should not be thinking this way, but I have a hard time getting my head around having 2 NFL offensive lineman on the roster, considering how bad our line play has been the last 6+ years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom