Tim Boyle Continues to Impress | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle Continues to Impress

Reaction Score
Here’s what persistence and self-belief can do. I’m sure these continuing positive comments come as a surprise to many on the Boneyard but Tim’s ability to shove aside the naysayers and push forward toward his goals is one of the more impressive stories of the year.

5 Packers who impressed during first 3 days of training camp
By Zach Kruse
Packerswire
7/28/18

WR Randall Cobb
Cobb had surgery to repair a lingering ankle issue six weeks ago but he still looks quick and explosive to start camp.

CB Kevin King
King is getting his hands on a lot of footballs to start camp. He’s also matching up with Pro Bowl receiver Davante Adams on a bunch of snaps and winning his share of battles.

P JK Scott
The first three days of camp provided a glimpse at why the Packers drafted Scott in the fifth round. The Alabama product can bomb the football.

LB Greer Martini
Always look to special teams to find a potential darkhorse roster candidate. Martini is that guy to start camp.

QB Tim Boyle
The backup quarterback battle everyone wanted to see was Brett Hundley vs. DeShone Kizer, but Boyle has opened eyes as the No. 4 quarterback. As noted by Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Boyle has a big arm, and he’s surprised with his downfield accuracy. The size (6-4, 234) and arm talent combination makes Boyle an intriguing prospect to watch the rest of camp. Could he be the one who forces the Packers to keep three quarterbacks on the roster?

Reaction Score
as Tim Boyle entered his first game and threw his first 4 balls ... I looked at Waqoit and CoachCap and said "WOW". He does look special.

What happened then ... I cannot fathom as he did regress. He does look the part and throws an incredible ball. But, he lost himself at UConn and played really bad. And, I did not see him play at all at Eastern Kentucky. No doubt, he was one of the most athletically gifted and position ready kids at UConn since 2000.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It’s just so odd. His stats at Eastern Kentucky were not good. Did anyone watch him play last year? Was he just on a bad team?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I wish him the best, but he's gotta be an extreme longshot. His decision-making has always been an area for improvement. His TD/INT ratio in FCS was 11/13 - that doesn't exactly translate well against more complex NFL defenses.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I wish him the best, but he's gotta be an extreme longshot. His decision-making has always been an area for improvement. His TD/INT ratio in FCS was 11/13 - that doesn't exactly translate well against more complex NFL defenses.

But but but...his family was nice to Nostical at their tailgate! That counts for more than those shifty statistics.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
But but but...his family was nice to Nostical at their tailgate! That counts for more than those shifty statistics.

Sometimes you should step back and just not say anything.

I wish Tim, well as I watched him play in high school and thought he had a chance to play in the NFL one day.

Reaction Score
I wish Tim well. I was shocked he got an invite to an NFL camp, but it sounds like he is making the most of it. Doubtful he makes packers but he can play his way into a practice squad.

There is no doubting his physical skills. It’s just when the pads are on he lacks accuracy and decision making. I will be watching his situation closely.

C

Chief00

Some just can’t see potential like Chief can and if you can’t see it - it’s difficult for Chief to describe the eye test. The criticism Tim took, reminds me of the criticism Dre Drummond took as a Freshman by many casual fans. QB is a difficult position to play when you’re young and you are averaging more than 1 coach per season. The casual fan doesn’t calculate that into the assessment formula and Diaco did not like the forward pass. Another factor was Tim had many drops due to UConn receivers not being use to the velocity of the ball coming out of his hands. But, with pros that velocity is needed given defensive team speed. And yet another factor was a secret injury that Chief knew about.

Dre had the same coaching Merry go round with Coach’s NCAA suspension and illnesses in 2012. Another factor was getting use to a broken nose and a face mask.

So going forward, the safe advice is trust in Chief, who will calculate all these factors.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Another factor was Tim had many drops due to UConn receivers not being use to the velocity of the ball coming out of his hands. .

oh boy Chief....so now I need to watch a couple old Timmy games to see how this statement holds up.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Some just can’t see potential like Chief can and if you can’t see it - it’s difficult for Chief to describe the eye test. The criticism Tim took, reminds me of the criticism Dre Drummond took as a Freshman by many casual fans. QB is a difficult position to play when you’re young and you are averaging more than 1 coach per season. The casual fan doesn’t calculate that into the assessment formula and Diaco did not like the forward pass. Another factor was Tim had many drops due to UConn receivers not being use to the velocity of the ball coming out of his hands. But, with pros that velocity is needed given defensive team speed. And yet another factor was a secret injury that Chief knew about.

Dre had the same coaching Merry go round with Coach’s NCAA suspension and illnesses in 2012. Another factor was getting use to a broken nose and a face mask.

So going forward, the safe advice is trust in Chief, who will calculate all these factors.

Well....thank you for spicing up the football board. This should make this thread interesting ;)

I do remember some Boyle passes being dropped. And...I don't think you can fairly assess his time at UConn. It was a mess. He had 13 INTs and 1 TD. And...looking at last year at EK, it wasn't that great either.

Has anyone with stats anywhere close to Boyle's actually played in the NFL? Honest question...not taking a shot at him. But if he makes it, it is a pretty amazing story.

upload_2018-7-30_10-39-39.png

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well....thank you for spicing up the football board. This should make this thread interesting ;)

I do remember some Boyle passes being dropped. And...I don't think you can fairly assess his time at UConn. It was a mess. He had 13 INTs and 1 TD. And...looking at last year at EK, it wasn't that great either.

Has anyone with stats anywhere close to Boyle's actually played in the NFL? Honest question...not taking a shot at him. But if he makes it, it is a pretty amazing story.

View attachment 33312
Interesting how defenders didn't have as much trouble catching those high velocity passes for INTs. If Tim Boyle ever plays a live snap in the regular season it will be a whale of a story. But really, I'm not here to tear him down, I will be rooting for him.

Reaction Score
I think it’s safe to say he couldn’t be peaking at a better time in his entire life.

Go Tim!

Reaction Score
His EK stats were much, much better than his UConn stats. He played well under his ability at UConn --and that's not all on him.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Good Luck Tim.

As a Vikings fan, I hope he wins the job...

Reaction Score
Tim Boyle lost himself at UConn and played really bad.
His TD/INT ratio in FCS was 11/13 - that doesn't exactly translate well against more complex NFL defenses.
That’s why, in the face of all that negativity, his unwavering belief that he could realistically compete for an NFL roster is so impressive. Who, other than him, saw that coming?

Reaction Score
That’s why, in the face of all that negativity, his unwavering belief that he could realistically compete for an NFL roster is so impressive. Who, other than him, saw that coming?
He's not exactly Rudy... It's great for him and all but you are doing the weird thing that you do, again

Reaction Score
His EK stats were much, much better than his UConn stats. He played well under his ability at UConn --and that's not all on him.
I always thought Boyle was physically a quarterback but lacking something. Went here o Eastern Ky and while his stats are better they weren’t exactly eye popping. Even watching him in high school my sense was that he mostly had better players around him than the competition and that helped quite a bit. He had a couple of receivers who went on to play in college, not D1A but still more than most kids. Who knows. Maybe he sticks.

Reaction Score

Chief - I believe in you babe!

Speaking in the third person, multiple references to the "casual fan", and now a secret injury that you knew about. And the football knowledge just comes pouring through. I had no idea folks were dropping Boyle's passes because he threw so hard.

Reaction Score
as Tim Boyle entered his first game and threw his first 4 balls ... I looked at Waqoit and CoachCap and said "WOW". He does look special.

What happened then ... I cannot fathom as he did regress. He does look the part and throws an incredible ball. But, he lost himself at UConn and played really bad. And, I did not see him play at all at Eastern Kentucky. No doubt, he was one of the most athletically gifted and position ready kids at UConn since 2000.
And I got made fun of for saying he has what it takes because he can sling it 50+ yards through the air on the fly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom