Three More, Including Danny O'Brien, Will Transfer | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Three More, Including Danny O'Brien, Will Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're ignoring the fact that Edsall went 3 for 3 in throwing the transfers under the bus - one is homesick, one wants to be a CB when Edsall wants him as a LB, one is not "all in". Nothing to do with Edsall or his program, all on the individual player.

Aside from O'Brien isn't it about the individual players? Am I missing something? The lineman wants to play closer to home, and a LB wants to play DB. Did you hear they don't like Edsall? Or there are other reasons? O'Brien's issues have been well documented, he is definitely not an Edsall fan, and was the leader of the anti edsall faction in the locker room, if reports are true.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well when someone transfers from UConn wouldn't you like to know why they transferred? If they want to be a CB but you think they are a LB - how is that 'throwing someone under the bus'? If they want to play closer to home (assuming that is true) - how is that throwing them under the bus?

Reaction Score
Aside from O'Brien isn't it about the individual players? Am I missing something? The lineman wants to play closer to home, and a LB wants to play DB. Did you hear they don't like Edsall? Or there are other reasons? O'Brien's issues have been well documented, he is definitely not an Edsall fan, and was the leader of the anti edsall faction in the locker room, if reports are true.

Everything at the end is a out the individual. But a class guys says thanks for your contributions, best of luck in the future. A no-class guy says he moved because his teenage daughter is pregnant, he thinks he is a cornerback and we don't, he wasn't "all in"...

Reaction Score
What is this love affair some "so called" UConn fans have with Randy Edsall? Get over it already. The guy bailed on your team and he ain't coming back no matter how many threads you start about him in the Boneyard. It's starting to get creepy the way some of you obsess about the guy.

Reaction Score
If O'Brien came to UConn, it would be amazingly bittersweet - but far more sweet than bitter. You'd love to laugh at Edsall for letting a great one get away...but you also have to be thankful that Edsall was good enough to let him go here.

Reaction Score
I can't think of one logical reason why DOB would not be allowed to go to Vandy but would be allowed to transfer to a school on UMD's schedule the next 2 years.

By the way, the fact that these kids can't transfer to wherever they want is one of the dumbest rules in college sports.

Reaction Score
Looks like the magic BL Edsall-phone isn't lighting up to rush to Edsall's defense on this one...

Since it doesn't matter what I write, because no one is actually responding to it, I shouldn't bother answering but I'll try one more time.

1. I have not on this thread defended any Edsall action. I have only repeatedly said believing Edsall is a schmuck does not give you the right to take his quotes out of context. People can't accept that -- fine. But that reflects on this board, not Edsall.

2. What he said about the Brown family was clearly wrong. That is the one thing thrown out here that, from what I know, appears undefensible.

3. The outrage at Edsall limiting OB's options is beyond hypocritical. I wish schools didn't have this power, and didn't exercise it, but they do and it's used all the time. Anyone think Jamal Coombs-McDaniel was told by Calhoun he could go whereever he wanted? I missed the outrage that day (even though, as I said, I would prefer that anyone transferring out had freedom).

None of those three points seems controversial, but I'm sure I'm missing some people's determination to not let anything be said that in any way doesn't result in Edsall being the devil. As I said this weekend, I would be happy to concede that anything bad at Maryland is 110% on Edsall and anything good has nothing to do with him if we could stop with threads about everything that happens at Maryland.

Reaction Score
What is this love affair some "so called" UConn fans have with Randy Edsall? Get over it already. The guy bailed on your team and he ain't coming back no matter how many threads you start about him in the Boneyard. It's starting to get creepy the way some of you obsess about the guy.

The single most assinine post yet. Every apologista has said repeatedly we don't want him back. And yet you still type this. How abour arguing by discussing what we say, instead of what you make up and put in our mouths?

Reaction Score
Since it doesn't matter what I write, because no one is actually responding to it, I shouldn't bother answering but I'll try one more time.

1. I have not on this thread defended any Edsall action. I have only repeatedly said believing Edsall is a schmuck does not give you the right to take his quotes out of context. People can't accept that -- fine. But that reflects on this board, not Edsall.

2. What he said about the Brown family was clearly wrong. That is the one thing thrown out here that, from what I know, appears undefensible.

3. The outrage at Edsall limiting OB's options is beyond hypocritical. I wish schools didn't have this power, and didn't exercise it, but they do and it's used all the time. Anyone think Jamal Coombs-McDaniel was told by Calhoun he could go whereever he wanted? I missed the outrage that day (even though, as I said, I would prefer that anyone transferring out had freedom).

None of those three points seems controversial, but I'm sure I'm missing some people's determination to not let anything be said that in any way doesn't result in Edsall being the devil. As I said this weekend, I would be happy to concede that anything bad at Maryland is 110% on Edsall and anything good has nothing to do with him if we could stop with threads about everything that happens at Maryland.

How can you stand interacting with such idiots on this board? It must be tiring always being the smartest person in the room.

Reaction Score
Do we have any interest in a left tackle that started for them

Reaction Score
25, post: 164169, member: 326"]How can you stand interacting with such idiots on this board? It must be tiring always being the smartest person in the room.[/quote]

Dude -- I'm in rooms all day with people smarter than me. If you don't qualify for that, it's not because I don't recognize that there are plenty of those people around. And by the way -- would it be asking too much to have you actually respond to a point I make, instead of just stalking?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
25, post: 164169, member: 326"]How can you stand interacting with such idiots on this board? It must be tiring always being the smartest person in the room.

Dude -- I'm in rooms all day with people smarter than me. If you don't qualify for that, it's not because I don't recognize that there are plenty of those people around. And by the way -- would it be asking too much to have you actually respond to a point I make, instead of just stalking?[/quote]

I would have preferred to see you be honest here.

Admit that it is hard being the smartest person in the room, admit that dealing with lesser lights is a drag on your soul and that you feel a little bit like the little Dutch boy who plugged the dike with his finger. Except instead of holding back water, you're plugging a endless flood of stupid.

Sometimes, people need to know that it isn't as easy as it looks. Tell them and then call them something demeaning and move on.

That said, I thought Edsall's statement was typically Edsallian. And by Edsallian, I mean douchey.

"Danny told me that he's not committed to our program, that he's not 'all in.' "

People don't talk that way. The kid didn't walk up to Edsall and say, "Coach, I am not committed to this program. I am not 'all in'". That's Edsall putting his flair on a kid's decision to transfer.

In a previous life, I think Edsall probably burned people at the stake.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Damn. I had hoped my post would push this into a sixth page.

Reaction Score
"I got some good news, my stock is pretty high," Todman said.

Where do you think he got that information from?? Hmmm...do you think it was presented without any opinion??

I'm sure many of you know how this works better than I, but after the regular season players solicit information on where there draft stock is and make decisions. A number of UCONN juniors did it this year also. If he was told he could be a fourth round pick and it was unlikely he could improve it the math was easy.

The coaches help counsel the players but the projections come from an outside independent service.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
While the odds of him coming here are next to none why on earth would we even consider another QB? Unless we have a transfer taking place this makes no sense.

I think 15 scholarship QB's is enough.
I'd be fine with anything that strengthens our QB position. Let's say that this kid is pretty good (seems like he is)... are we better off with him, Whitmer, and Cochoran as our QBs versus whatever other combination? I'm not trying to knock on the other guys, maybe they compete and win a spot... but regardless, we'll keep our best and the rest will likely transfer. Such is life.

Reaction Score
Do we have any interest in a left tackle that started for them

Irrelevant - he is leaving because he is homesick and wants to go back to Georgia. Unless, we are agreeing to let him home school and play all of our games at Georgia Dome, not sure how this works.

Reaction Score

1. I have not on this thread defended any Edsall action. I have only repeatedly said believing Edsall is a schmuck does not give you the right to take his quotes out of context. People can't accept that -- fine. But that reflects on this board, not Edsall. As a former apologista and someone who sees eye to eye with you more often than not, I think you are dead wrong here. The difference lies in that you take Edsall at his word that DOB walked into his office and said, "Coach, I'm not committed to the program. I'm not all in." I, as well as others, don't believe that to be the case. I think it's Edsall taking some liberties in spinning the story how he wants it portrayed. There's enough of a pattern with his behavior that leads me to this conclusion. For Pete's sake, he threw Jerome Junior under the bus in his letter of recommendation to the court for the sentencing of the coward who killed Jazz (was it really relevant to detail how Junior told him to go to the wrong hospital?). So it's not a matter of someone taking his quotes out of context, it's a matter of whether you believe that Edsall is shooting straight with that quote. I personally do not.

2. What he said about the Brown family was clearly wrong. That is the one thing thrown out here that, from what I know, appears undefensible. Common ground here. Agree.

3. The outrage at Edsall limiting OB's options is beyond hypocritical. I wish schools didn't have this power, and didn't exercise it, but they do and it's used all the time. Anyone think Jamal Coombs-McDaniel was told by Calhoun he could go whereever he wanted? I missed the outrage that day (even though, as I said, I would prefer that anyone transferring out had freedom). Again, agreed.

Reaction Score
Thank you for a rational disagreement. It may very well not be me being clear. I am not saying what DOB did or didn't say to Edsall. I wasn't there and I didn't know. The only point of the post was that Zach took an Edsall statement out of the context that he was claiming to repeat what DOB said. Maybe he made it up. None of us know. But Edsall's quote did not reflect Edsall stating that he had concluded from reviewing facts that DOB was not all-in -- just that he was told that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak