Three More, Including Danny O'Brien, Will Transfer | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Three More, Including Danny O'Brien, Will Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But Edsall's quote did not reflect Edsall stating that he had concluded from reviewing facts that DOB was not all-in -- just that he was told that.

Slice it anyway you want, still sounds like baloney to me. Kinda like, "I'll be at UConn for as long as you will have me."

Reaction Score
Really needed a new thread for this? Theres already two threads on the same subject. Thanks for sharing but you could have posted one of the other threads.

Reaction Score
Oh, thank god, another article on HCRE. I think I need the mods to help as my link to the boneyard is broken -- I keep clicking on the boneyard and ending up at Fast Times at Edsall High

Reaction Score
25, post: 164169, member: 326"]How can you stand interacting with such idiots on this board? It must be tiring always being the smartest person in the room.

Dude -- I'm in rooms all day with people smarter than me. If you don't qualify for that, it's not because I don't recognize that there are plenty of those people around. And by the way -- would it be asking too much to have you actually respond to a point I make, instead of just stalking?[/quote]

At least I'm not the only one stalking the smartest man in the room! By the way, how do you KNOW what O'Brien actually said other than what Edsall said that O'Brien said. I'm sure when someone says "this is what person said" you just take it to the bank, end of story. No questions as to out of context or anything.

Odds are it was like this:

fhcRE "We are going to build great things at Maryland, you can be part of this, I need every player to be all in just like I and the rest of the staff (that I don't fire) and all the returning players. How about it?"
O'Brien "Like I told you coach, football isn't a job to me, I want to enjoy playing and I just don't enjoy playing for you. Not saying that is right or wrong, just how I feel. Didn't you decide to leave Uconn 'cause you thought you needed something different? Maryland was your dream school just like Vanderbilt is my dream school and I should have gone there originally but you know how 18 year old kids are when it comes to making decisions. Football is too hard to hate coming to practice every day. This is the 1st time I've felt like that ever, I need a change and would like to get my release to go to Vanderbilt.
fchRE"So you are say'n the standards of excellence I've set up and shown this year in leading the team to 2 solid victories is too much for you to handle?"
O'Brien"No coach, I'm not saying anything except that I need a change and would like to be released.
fhcRE"So you are sayn' you can't be all in?"
O'Brien"Ok, if that's what you need to hear, I'm sayn' I just can't be all in. Can I have my release now?"

Reaction Score
Slice it anyway you want, still sounds like baloney to me. Kinda like, "I'll be at UConn for as long as you will have me."[/quote]

Our new AD said almost exactly the same thing.
(shooting for ten)

Reaction Score
Thank you for a rational disagreement.
It may very well not be me being clear. I am not saying what DOB did or didn't say to Edsall. I wasn't there and I didn't know. The only point of the post was that Zach took an Edsall statement out of the context that he was claiming to repeat what DOB said. Maybe he made it up. None of us know. But Edsall's quote did not reflect Edsall stating that he had concluded from reviewing facts that DOB was not all-in -- just that he was told that.

Have a nice day.

I still say that it's irrelevant to his point.

Reaction Score
Are we still talking about Randy edsall? Really? Almost 2 seasons later? I don't think Elvis got this kinda of coverage.

Reaction Score
Irrelevant - he is leaving because he is homesick and wants to go back to Georgia. Unless, we are agreeing to let him home school and play all of our games at Georgia Dome, not sure how this works.
Unless hes not really homesick ;)

Reaction Score
Are we still talking about Randy edsall? Really? Almost 2 seasons later? I don't think Elvis got this kinda of coverage.

It's 13 months later, but your point is a valid one.

Reaction Score
IMO a discussion about Edsall's current situation is no less relevant to this board then a discussion about Orlovsky or Donald Brown. I actually find it humorous (to put it kindly) that people complain about Edsall threads when they are in fact clearly labled and nobody has to read them.

Also add in the fact that we are playing Maryland next year and the original subject of this thread becomes very relevant.

Reaction Score
I expect a lower turnout for UMD this year. Their fan base has gone insane over Edsall. lol

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
This thread is now safely ensconced amongst the Top 10 threads of the most recent iteration of the Boneyard as measured by number of replies. Each of the top 5 are game threads for UConn. Ironically enough 3 of the next five are specifically topics on Maryland...

Reaction Score
Why would we ever have a thread on Maryland or Edsall that would.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom