Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hey, no one congratulated me!
usa_betty_boop_lsc_Congrats.gif

Reaction Score
At least Maryland players can't use their iPods in the locker room. Discipline and buzz cuts for all!

Reaction Score
One of my favorite comments in the Testudio Times on why DOB left Maryland.

"You clearly don't know a lot about the kid
Did you know he drove up from his home in North Carolina while still in high school so he could participate in spring ball? Did you know he gave up his time to go across the state to Terrapin Club events to promote the football program and get fans behind it and Edsall? Have you ever met the kid or talked with him? I can honestly say I have. The kid loves the University of Maryland but Edsall and his management style are so bad, that he’d rather graduate and leave than stay.
This isn’t an issue so much about the skill set that DOB has or does not have. It’s about a coach who preaches about Maryland football being about the name on the front of the jersey not the name on the back, but turns around and makes everything about him. I’m not saying Edsall hasn’t done good, but he’s failed, consistently, at handling the kids he inherited, utilizing systems that benefit the talent he inherited, and getting players to buy in. I’m not going to sit here and call for Edsall to be fired, because that’s stupid, it’s a waste of time, and honestly, Maryland shouldn’t make that move. I think ultimately Edsall can and will have success here. But rather than utilizing what he has until he brings in the players he wants, he’s decided he’d rather knock down the entire building and rebuild it his way. There was a good framework in place, but he’s decided not to utilize it. That’s his decision and I don’t think it’s the right one. And it’s exactly what this program didn’t need. This program needs someone to come in and renovate what was already in place, and the fan support would build. Now the fans are waiting for 2-3 years as the construction of the new program is built. Maryland can’t really afford multiple sub-500 seasons in the financial shape they’re in. I can’t help but think that this is what Edsall told Anderson he wanted to do and Anderson hired him. So part of me doesn’t even want to blame Edsall.
This entire DOB thing just rubbed me the wrong way. Like I said, the kid loves Maryland and to see him want to transfer from a school he loves just illustrates how miserable life for him must have been under Edsall.
by Dave Tucker on Feb 14, 2012 2:20 PM EST "
http://www.testudotimes.com/2012/2/14/2797846/danny-obrien-releases-statement-about-transfer

Reaction Score
"It’s about a coach who preaches about Maryland football being about the name on the front of the jersey not the name on the back, but turns around and makes everything about him. I’m not saying Edsall hasn’t done good, but he’s failed, consistently, at handling the kids he inherited, utilizing systems that benefit the talent he inherited, and getting players to buy in. I’m not going to sit here and call for Edsall to be fired, because that’s stupid, it’s a waste of time, and honestly, Maryland shouldn’t make that move. I think ultimately Edsall can and will have success here. But rather than utilizing what he has until he brings in the players he wants, he’s decided he’d rather knock down the entire building and rebuild it his way. There was a good framework in place, but he’s decided not to utilize it. That’s his decision and I don’t think it’s the right one."

This. That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection.

I also agree that, if allowed to stay for several years, he can and will have success.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
It started with an over under of 6.

to be fair, this thread was combined with another thread which helped push it to this many pages.

and I finally understand your SAMCRO handle as I just started watching SOA on Netflix, great show.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i might just make this thread 13 pages in a minute

call it rangooning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics