Three More, Including Danny O'Brien, Will Transfer | The Boneyard

Three More, Including Danny O'Brien, Will Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
This is like throwing raw meat to dogs I know, but it is still newsworthy and probably more entertaining than discussing Memphis.

Reaction Score
Just saw this too per a tweet from Dan Hellie sports anchor NBC affilate in DC

This is a link to a story in the Washington Post about O'Brien possibly transferring from Oct19, 2011:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-after-season/2011/10/19/gIQAefyPxL_blog.html

Biggets thing about O'Brien...he is set to graduate this spring and will have 2 years of eligibility left. Wonder where he ends up...Vanderbilt maybe reuniting with Franklin...it will be interesting to see.

OL Max Garcia is also leaving the Terps
http://www.testudotimes.com/

Reaction Score
Edsall could not have possibly ducked that program up any more than he did.

....and I'm an apologista....

Reaction Score
No shocker here wouldn't be surprised if Edsall himself transferred next.

Reaction Score
Woof. O'Brien was a damned good looking QB. Edsall's track record with quarterbacks post Orlovsky, is abhorrent.

Reaction Score
I say we grab him. We put Nebrich in one slot, McCummings in another and Obrien under center. We run reverses, double reverses, statue of libertys and option pass plays.

Rotate Cochran and Whitmer to keep 'em fresh.

Reaction Score
Wow. LMAO.. This just gets better and better.. Edsall gets crushed by the local ESPN radio personalities in DC in a live interview and takes the high road speaks highly of this kid and low and behold he decides to transfer...

Reaction Score
I say we grab him. We put Nebrich in one slot, McCummings in another and Obrien under center. We run reverses, double reverses, statue of libertys and option pass plays.

Rotate Cochran and Whitmer to keep 'em fresh.
God if Danny O was qb coach that would complete the trifecta

Reaction Score
Wow. LMAO.. This just gets better and better.. Edsall gets crushed by the local ESPN radio personalities in DC in a live interview and takes the high road speaks highly of this kid and low and behold he decides to transfer...

did you expect him not to take the high road? say what you will about him, i have a hard believing he'd ever bash a kid more than his standard "failure to execute". whenever a starter goes to the bench i think you can assume they'll probably transfer.

on a related note Tom Savage has been trying to transfer back to Rutgers but apparently couldn't get a waiver he wanted that would have allowed him to play immediately so he may go the 1AA route or else have to sit out again and play just one year as a 5th year Senior.

Reaction Score
mattp... ease up bro... In all honesty I respect Edsall as a builder of men, but even you should understand that Karma is Karma... He did what he had to do for his family, but he coulda handled his departure from his pupils at UCONN a little better. I'm just enjoying this brief moment... "It's Karma baby"

Reaction Score
This is important for one reason and one reason only. Having nothing to do with O'Brien's curent coach.

It is important to UConn because we have no QB who has proven anything yet, and any QB who comes available as a college graduate for this coming season needs to be looked at and considered.

Reaction Score

Aside from the poor way he left, when hasn't he taken the high road? I would expect a coach to not speak ill of a player that was on his team.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
remember on signing day when PP said they had a big time transfer coming in that he can't talk about yet? everyone here said it was mcneal from clemson. what happens if it wasn't?:D

Reaction Score
remember on signing day when PP said they had a big time transfer coming in that he can't talk about yet? everyone here said it was mcneal from clemson. what happens if it wasn't?:D
Just can't see this happening...but if it does I'd say that Johnny Mac won't be around for spring ball...
Max Garcia on the other hand...a 6-4 290lb left tackle (projected starter) who hasn't used his redshirt year and has 2 years of eligibility left...HELL YEAH...come on up north Max

Reaction Score
This is important for one reason and one reason only. Having nothing to do with O'Brien's curent coach.

It is important to UConn because we have no QB who has proven anything yet, and any QB who comes available as a college graduate for this coming season needs to be looked at and considered.

you're opinion

Reaction Score
Edsall could not have possibly ducked that program up any more than he did.

....and I'm an apologista....

No kidding. In his short time there he's been nothing short of a disaster.

I thought he would struggle and eventually get fired after four seasons or so, but it gets worse by the day for him, in the off season.

As a hater, I take no pleasure in seeing him flailing like this, even if I believe that he will always struggle with his approach anywhere outside of UConn.

Reaction Score
UConn should see if they can land O'Brien. Can't have enough QBs - or at least until one or two are actually found (and by found I mean can operate an effective passing attack on the field and during the actual season).

As for RE, the clock is ticking on him. What was Maryland thinking?

Reaction Score
RE took us to the mountaintop, and the way he left was the only blemish. Check his incoming recruits. If he holds on for a year or 2 MD should be OK, just in time for his Homecoming at the Rent!!!!!!!!

o

Reaction Score
RE took us to the mountaintop, and the way he left was the only blemish. Check his incoming recruits. If he holds on for a year or 2 MD should be OK, just in time for his Homecoming at the Rent!!!!!!!!

o

Wow, we are new to this business of big time college football!

Reaction Score

why not? if their DC can come here, why can't their QB? our QB situation would almost be an embarassment of riches at that point. personally, i'd expect him to go to a situation where the QB situation is even more muddled than our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom