Three More, Including Danny O'Brien, Will Transfer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Three More, Including Danny O'Brien, Will Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, we are new to this business of big time college football!

This may be the first statement you've made that I agree with because it's factually accurate.

What's even funnier is that I think you were being sarcastic.

Reaction Score
RE took us to the mountaintop, and the way he left was the only blemish. Check his incoming recruits. If he holds on for a year or 2 MD should be OK, just in time for his Homecoming at the Rent!!!!!!!!

LOL!

Reaction Score
This may be the first statement you've made that I agree with because it's factually accurate.

What's even funnier is that I think you were being sarcastic.

No what's really funny is someone thinking that the way RE left was any kind of big deal. It's big time college football, get over it. Hence the sarcasm, which you skillfully picked up.

Reaction Score
In the 6 power conferences some schools will NEVER make it to a BCS bowl. We did albeit from a weak conf. to face an opponent we could never beat. It still happened. By the way the $$$ were not bad either, even though the BE took some.

Reaction Score
albeit from a weak conf. to face an opponent we could never beat. .

It's this qualifier that makes it more like a rooftop than a mountaintop. What Boise did in their BCS bowl appearance against OK when they won the game and finished ranked in the top 10 is much closer to a Mountaintop. If the hope of a repeat of the 2010 season is the best we can look forward to (as a mountaintop would imply) then this whole football venture is a complete waste of time.

Reaction Score
Goodness, can we all please stop with the overbroad comments. Of course the '10 season wasn't getting to a mountaintop -- that would imply there is no other way to go than down. But to say that winning Big East championships outside the Top 25 and going no further is a complete waste of time is also a significant overstatement.

Reaction Score
But to say that winning Big East championships outside the Top 25 and going no further is a complete waste of time is also a significant overstatement.

I didn't say that. I just said if that season is a mountaintop the football venture is a waste of time, which apparently is something you and I agree on.

Reaction Score
Hey Coach E...I've been to the mountaintop, and I can see UConn from there...and, and,...there's Don Brown. You remember him don't you Coach? :D
52656_Maryland_Virginia__Football.jpg

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Isn't the mountaintop a national title? Since, thats as high a team can go in a season?

Unless of course you're content with a BCS appearance as the highest we can go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In the 6 power conferences some schools will NEVER make it to a BCS bowl. We did albeit from a weak conf. to face an opponent we could never beat. It still happened. By the way the $$$ were not bad either, even though the BE took some.
UConn lost $1.8 million on the Fiesta Bowl.

Reaction Score
We've been to a mountaintop. It was called Pike's Peak. Great mountain range, beautiful view, an accomplishment worth bragging about. #unlessyouhaterandyedsallthenitwasaflukenotworthremembering

It certainly isn't Mount Everest, and there's a higher peak we'd all like to reach. It would be nice if one week could pass without our own fans mocking accomplishments that many of our players and coaches (both past and present) take great pride in.

Reaction Score
RE took us to the mountaintop, and the way he left was the only blemish. Check his incoming recruits. If he holds on for a year or 2 MD should be OK, just in time for his Homecoming at the Rent!!!!!!!!

No kidding! And almost a decade ago we were still in trailers! I can't wait to go 7-5 again!

o

Reaction Score
I totally predicted last year that PP would find a way to use a 4 QB rotation in September this year. Getting close...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No what's really funny is someone thinking that the way RE left was any kind of big deal. It's big time college football, get over it. Hence the sarcasm, which you skillfully picked up.

It's funny that pretty much every coach who has left SINCE then has done the same or worse and people still worry about it.

Reaction Score
It's funny that pretty much every coach who has left SINCE then has done the same or worse and people still worry about it.

How many other coaches fired their team via conference call on an airplane they are supposed to be on?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How many other coaches fired their team via conference call on an airplane they are supposed to be on?

Schiano didn't show up at a high school recruiting event and left his assistants sitting there.

Graham (after 1 season) told his team via text message:

Graham: Here's how that thing went, and as I've said before, the time frame was the biggest issue there. The search firm called me that night at like 9 o'clock. My wife and I talked and prayed about it and decided we wanted to look at it. Her parents were here. It was a dream job.
Well, when I asked Pitt, they said no, they didn't want to give me permission. That's kind of unusual. That usually doesn't happen in this business, so the only way I could look at the job was to resign. I resigned my job at 10:30 at night, and Arizona State wanted me here the next morning, so there wasn't time from 10:30 at night to leaving for the airport at 6:30 the next morning to go talk to my football players. Plus, I wasn't the head football coach at the University of Pittsburgh anymore, so I didn't have the authority to do that.

Reaction Score
FHCRE leaving for Maryland and not telling the players first . . . the least of the UConn football program's concerns. If I had any problem with his departure in any way, it would have been the fact that he should advised Todman to come back and . . . it'd been nice if he could have left the team with a D1/BCS caliber QB.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The way Edsall left was wrong, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Schiano didn't show up at a high school recruiting event and left his assistants sitting there.

Graham (after 1 season) told his team via text message:

Graham: Here's how that thing went, and as I've said before, the time frame was the biggest issue there. The search firm called me that night at like 9 o'clock. My wife and I talked and prayed about it and decided we wanted to look at it. Her parents were here. It was a dream job.
Well, when I asked Pitt, they said no, they didn't want to give me permission. That's kind of unusual. That usually doesn't happen in this business, so the only way I could look at the job was to resign. I resigned my job at 10:30 at night, and Arizona State wanted me here the next morning, so there wasn't time from 10:30 at night to leaving for the airport at 6:30 the next morning to go talk to my football players. Plus, I wasn't the head football coach at the University of Pittsburgh anymore, so I didn't have the authority to do that.

Graham is, and always has been, a low class guy. The way he left Pitt was actually not surprising and totally in character for him. The way Edsall left his was out of character for him....that's what was so surprising.

As for Schiano, he didn't show up for a meeting, which by all accounts, he had not done before. That was not him leaving RU or being introduced in TB, it was him negotiating in Tampa for the job he did not have yet. But once the details were agreed to, Schiano DID hop on a plane back to NJ in order to meet with his players and coaches. Was it ideal? No! But the way Schiano handled his departure was FAR better than the way Graham and Edsall handled theirs!!!

Reaction Score
How FHCRE left??? Problem # 1,827 for the UConn football program. "We'll worry about that when we think it's important" Which hopefully is never.

Reaction Score
FHCRE leaving for Maryland and not telling the players first . . . the least of the UConn football program's concerns. If I had any problem with his departure in any way, it would have been the fact that he should advised Todman to come back and . . . it'd been nice if he could have left the team with a D1/BCS caliber QB.

That's so wrong I don't even know how to respond. Edsall made Todman tell the team he was leaving after Todman told Edsall he was leaving. You think that makes Edsall a hypocrite, yeah, I get that. But implying that Edsall had anything to do with Todman leaving is just wrong. Todman wanted the money and he wanted it then. Other than stuff people make up on this board, there has never been the slightest hint that Edsall was any part of that decision whatsoever.

Edsall's actions vis a vis Todman seem to get worse and worse as people on hear make up more stuff because of other stuff on here that people made up.

Reaction Score
That's so wrong I don't even know how to respond. Edsall made Todman tell the team he was leaving after Todman told Edsall he was leaving. You think that makes Edsall a hypocrite, yeah, I get that. But implying that Edsall had anything to do with Todman leaving is just wrong. Todman wanted the money and he wanted it then. Other than stuff people make up on this board, there has never been the slightest hint that Edsall was any part of that decision whatsoever.

Edsall's actions vis a vis Todman seem to get worse and worse as people on hear make up more stuff because of other stuff on here that people made up.

"implying that Edsall had anything to do with Todman leaving is just wrong. Todman wanted the money and he wanted it then." And you KNOW this how? You KNOW fhcRE did not have anything to do with Todman leaving, they never talked, fhcRE didn't pull a Pete Carroll, didn't suggest he get NFL personnel comments, didn't suggest he think a little more, didn't suggest he made a good decision and should tell everyone right away, etc. You KNOW Todman wanted the money and he wanted it then, not that he was concerned about the # of carries on his body, thought that the recruiting class was weak in RB's, that he was tired of college and 4 years was enough, etc.

You tell me how you KNOW all this and I'll tell you how I KNOW coach P didn't put the most productive QB on the field last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom