This has become just plain sad | Page 9 | The Boneyard

This has become just plain sad

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
No you just have the most negative view of UConn of almost anyone who posts on the board.

I am most in tune with how UConn is seen outside of the "bubble" this board serves as.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is thinking we are gong to be the powerhouse school of the past.

Oh, many are. Many are.

Every game, there are dozens of references to how recruiting/gameplanning/in-game coaching went under JC. That is the standard folks are used to, and that is why they are so upset.

If we were Cincy/Wichita State/Gonzaga over the next 10-15 years, this board would be similarly miserable, no matter how often people deny it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Sadly, we are almost to that point. #UCONNmen'sBBfanSuicideHotline

The mass demonstration of depressed fans with Stop and Shop bags over our heads at the XL!
Yeah! That’s the ticket.

Reaction Score
Oh, many are. Many are.

Every game, there are dozens of references to how recruiting/gameplanning/in-game coaching went under JC. That is the standard folks are used to, and that is why they are so upset.

If we were Cincy/Wichita State/Gonzaga over the next 10-15 years, this board would be similarly miserable, no matter how often people deny it.
nah if we were Gonzaga or Wichita you'd lose 90% of the complainers. there will always be some.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You really have no idea. Keep sulking in your self imposed misery. Besides, my happiness is not based on my freaking alma mater. This is a hobby. Not my life. I go to D3 games. But think whatever you want about who's sane.

I'm not miserable, because I'm not delusional. I'm not one of the people who picked us to lose only 3 times during the 2014-15 season, or proclaim that we'll beat every single top 10-ranked team we play, or complain about how Jalen Adams wasn't a preseason All-American. You are all stuck in the mindset of the JC years, and you will be the miserable ones for as long as that is the case.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think it's time. Can someone set this up??

I could. I’ll ask if they like Bill Walton. Based on that we will either try and save them...or not.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
nah if we were Gonzaga or Wichita you'd lose 90% of the complainers. there will always be some.

What do both of those schools have in common?

HCs who stayed there for 10+ years to put their unique system in place.

Nobody here has the patience for that. I really feel bad for the new coach as it pertains to the "win immediately" expectations he'll have on him.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Oh stop it! Stop being such a drama queen. You have just as little knowledge of what the future holds as anyone else here. For all you know, the future can exceed the past.

I've laid out logical reasons why I think the future will not exceed the past. Those arguing the opposite appeal to emotion in order to make themselves feel better, because they can't bear to even consider the alternative.

Reaction Score
I'm beginning to regret that grocery stores have quit using the big, brown paper bags that fans of the 1970's era Saints (Aint's!) used to wear over their heads at games.
Trader Joe's still has them.☺️

Reaction Score
What do both of those schools have in common?

HCs who stayed there for 10+ years to put their unique system in place.

Nobody here has the patience for that. I really feel bad for the new coach as it pertains to the "win immediately" expectations he'll have on him.
meh I think once people realize how bad it is they will give the eventual new coach some time. we are lucky enough to be in fertile recruiting grounds. much better than Gonzaga and Wichita. Personally think it's going to be a 3-5 year rebuild

Reaction Score
meh I think once people realize how bad it is they will give the eventual new coach some time. we are lucky enough to be in fertile recruiting grounds. much better than Gonzaga and Wichita. Personally think it's going to be a 3-5 year rebuild

I'm hoping three years max. If Ollie is canned tomorrow, it also depends on who they get. If it's Donavon, two years, if it's Konkol or Hurley, three years, if it's Geno, we start blowing out teams in February.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

Assuming this goes down the way we think it will, we'll have had 1 tourney bid and 1 draft pick in 4 years. Nobody who's left will have any patience for a rebuild of any sort.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Case in point re. deusionality: people are seriously considering Geno coaching the men.

Reaction Score
Maybe you would. No one said we're going to be freaking Kentucky or Kansas. But we still have plenty of room for more trophies. You think we can't win more. Please, get real. Didn't Memphis almost win it all as a member of C-USA? Were you too young to remember?

Reaction Score
I'm not miserable, because I'm not delusional. I'm not one of the people who picked us to lose only 3 times during the 2014-15 season, or proclaim that we'll beat every single top 10-ranked team we play, or complain about how Jalen Adams wasn't a preseason All-American. You are all stuck in the mindset of the JC years, and you will be the miserable ones for as long as that is the case.
I am not even miserable over KO. You are completely misdirecting your anger. We could be stuck in the AAC and I don't give a flying , really. God Almighty. Get a grip of yourself.

Reaction Score
Oh, many are. Many are.

There is a lot of dry ground between Kevin Ollie and Jim Calhoun. Most on this board ( from what I have seen ) expect to carve out a spot somewhere in between. Each of your posts ( until recently ) have implied that we cannot do any better than Kevin Ollie, and those who insist we can must be expecting another Jim Calhoun.

I think you are fighting ghosts. I have not seen any posts expecting another Jim Calhoun. I have seen many that expect an experienced and competent coach. If we find the $$$ to make a move this year, we will have plenty of options.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll tell you who had Perno's number during those years, Rollie and Villanova. Wish I had a $100 for every game Massimino pulled one out of his ass, and beat us by one or two points. I still hate Villanova.
Yup, and St. John's.

Reaction Score
Maybe you would. No one said we're going to be freaking Kentucky or Kansas. But we still have plenty of room for more trophies. You think we can't win more. Please, get real. Didn't Memphis almost win it all as a member of C-USA? Were you too young to remember?

Do you remember who was coaching them and the usual questionable players he was able to get there?

Reaction Score
I'm hoping three years max. If Ollie is canned tomorrow, it also depends on who they get. If it's Donavon, two years, if it's Konkol or Hurley, three years, if it's Geno, we start blowing out teams in February.

Geno would be better than Donovan by almost 2 years? LOL..this place is losing it fast.

Reaction Score
We have joined Indiana in the land of "blue blood" irrelevance. Really sad.

Indiana will be fine, they are in the Big 10. No matter how many bad seasons they have they will always have equal footing and the possibility of turing it around.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
I am sure he'd be willing to hear out Dave Benedict and Geno Auriemma. But we need the money to be able to pay.

The problem is that we don't have any money. The state is in the *er and there's no money for anything except Tier 1 employee benefits. Don't know how anyone here thinks we can buy out HCKO with no money and no hope of any in a "next 5" conference...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom