This has become just plain sad | Page 8 | The Boneyard

This has become just plain sad

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, I have excepted that our glory days are behind us. It has happen to a lot of programs, st Johns, Georgetown, UCLA to name a few. College athletics is a constant changing landscape. We were just eliminated by conference realignment. Now I just watch UConn games for relaxation. I don’t consider it life and death anymore. I have lowered my expectations. If the team makes the tournament I’ll consider it a really good year. I we win a game in the tournament it will be a great year. I live up here in Massachusetts so I see UConn as comparable to UMass. Average to below average b-ball teams.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, I have excepted that our glory days are behind us. It has happen to a lot of programs, st Johns, Georgetown, UCLA to name a few. College athletics is a constant changing landscape. We were just eliminated by conference realignment. Now I just watch UConn games for relaxation. I don’t consider it life and death anymore. I have lowered my expectations. If the team makes the tournament I’ll consider it a really good year. I we win a game in the tournament it will be a great year. I live up here in Massachusetts so I see UConn as comparable to UMass. Average to below average b-ball teams.
This sentiment (which I share, except for accepting it) is why KO needs to go.

Reaction Score
If he does, he'll have a ton of cash and have no need to work right away. He'll wait for a P5 job if he wants to return to college.
I am sure he'd be willing to hear out Dave Benedict and Geno Auriemma. But we need the money to be able to pay.

Reaction Score
he is the absolute best case scenario. he's a tremendous coach and it might convince some players to stick around so the roster isn't completely bare.
Do you really think a coach of his stature would want to coach at a mid major that plays in an also ran conference that plays before 3500 fans?
Maybe if John Wooden comes back to life he’d be interested also.

Reaction Score
Do you really think a coach of his stature would want to coach at a mid major that plays in an also ran conference that plays before 3500 fans?
Maybe if John Wooden comes back to life he’d be interested also.
god you people think so little of our University and this program. Donovan is 52. He spent the first 20+ years of his life in the North East. If he gets back into college ball he probably wants to go somewhere he can coach for the rest of his career. He can recruit our backyard and put together very good teams.

there's a lot more to like about being the HC at UConn than some of you dckwads would like to believe

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm beginning to regret that grocery stores have quit using the big, brown paper bags that fans of the 1970's era Saints (Aint's!) used to wear over their heads at games.

Don’t use the plastic ones!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It really is amazing to see how little people think of our own school. I am going to assume they didn't go to school at UConn.

This is what "our school" is at present. Stop living in your head and join us in the real world. I'm sick of this make-believe.

Reaction Score
god you people think so little of our University and this program. Donovan is 52. He spent the first 20+ years of his life in the North East. If he gets back into college ball he probably wants to go somewhere he can coach for the rest of his career. He can recruit our backyard and put together very good teams.

there's a lot more to like about being the HC at UConn than some of you dckwads would like to believe

Billy would take the UConn Job with the hope of landing something bigger in 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
Billy would take the UConn Job with the hope of landing something bigger in 2-3 years.
Then how come Benedict ain't in such a rush to leave? Maybe he has a vision that is worthwhile?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
like you said @Butch - it's the ones who didn't go to UConn that think so little of it

It's the ones who didn't go to UConn who use logic instead of emotion and self-delusion. We're the only sane ones here.

Reaction Score
It's the ones who didn't go to UConn who use logic instead of emotion and self-delusion. We're the only sane ones here.
You really have no idea. Keep sulking in your self imposed misery. Besides, my happiness is not based on my freaking alma mater. This is a hobby. Not my life. I go to D3 games. But think whatever you want about who's sane.

Reaction Score
This is what "our school" is at present. Stop living in your head and join us in the real world. I'm sick of this make-believe.
It doesn't mean we can't be better. I don't think anyone is thinking we are gong to be the powerhouse school of the past. We though could be a team that is competitive and finishes each year in the top 3 of this conference and has a chance to make the tourney. Presently we don't have that with KO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom