The September Dam...When is it going to break? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The September Dam...When is it going to break?

When will the dam break?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Lots of September left. Lots of water behind the dam, looking for a home.

Also a few North Carolina universities might get wiped out by the coming death storm, which would free up more water.

Reaction Score
A couple of good guards who can create and anything else is a bonus.
There is a real possibility we go into 2019 with just Gilbert and ADamsII
That is scary. If Vital comes back I could exhale. Especially if he makes a jump with on ball skills. Shot creation is my biggest concern.
You have a front court of
Wilson, Polley, Carlton, Whaley , and Diarra. All seasoned vets and no longer kids. All much stronger.
I have much less concern there.

pj

Reaction Score
That is scary. If Vital comes back I could exhale. Especially if he makes a jump with on ball skills. Shot creation is my biggest concern.
Wilson, Polley, Carlton, Whaley , and Diarra. All seasoned vets and no longer kids. All much stronger.

Agree, Bouknight and Gaffney or Wong are essentials. Then if we can get a few out of Mitchell/Akok/Cockburn/Achiuwa/Wahab we'll be in great shape.

Reaction Score
We need more than that. Am I alone in that?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The outcome will be the same as when Chief’s recent 4 man line prediction in football proved true. Except for Huskymedic, who manned up, as Coach Calhoun use to term it, the rest of those dudes were silent. My prediction is that will happen when my September prediction is validated. You won’t hear from the basement dwellers. They will pretend it never happened.
Wait... players will commit during a popular month for committing when you really like a certain school? NO WAY CHIEF-O-SWAMI.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I predict we don't get our first verbal commit until it's verbalized by our first verbal commit.

Reaction Score
I don't care if he's connected or not, has inside information or not. I just hope he gets to gloat on his prediction in a week or so.

People hoping to call him out because he was wrong are on the stupid side of the issue....
What was his prediction?

Reaction Score
I don't care if he's connected or not, has inside information or not. I just hope he gets to gloat on his prediction in a week or so.

People hoping to call him out because he was wrong are on the stupid side of the issue....

Just like those rooting for an AAC school (SMU) to do badly because Lashlee went there.

They need to wake up and think. We should all be rooting for every AAC school, even Cincinnati, when they're playing outside the league in any sport.

Reaction Score
You think we’re going to recruit 5 to fill all slots w/ 2019 talent or are we going to save 1 for 2020 and go 4 plus grad transfer for next year?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
You think we’re going to recruit 5 to fill all slots w/ 2019 talent or are we going to save 1 for 2020 and go 4 plus grad transfer for next year?

I get the feeling that the staff will try to lock up 2-3 commits this fall. Then go after Achiuwa and Cockburn HARD considering that they will both likely be spring time commits. If they land one, they’ll use the other scholly as a grad transfer. If they land both, they won’t.

Reaction Score

The somewhat hidden gist of this is that UConn comes back with a solid core in 2019-20, even without a major score in the recruiting wars. Actually, if Vital returns, the eight returnees comprise a complete team in themselves, capable of competing for the post-season. Add 4-star backups at point guard and center, and you have the makings of something special.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Wait... players will commit during a popular month for committing when you really like a certain school? NO WAY CHIEF-O-SWAMI.

Chief Responds:

I did not realize D-1 recruiting was so easy - just wait for a “popular month” and they will automatically sign. 4 deeps, viral videos and NBA players magically appearing at Gampel by coincidence all weren’t necessary - it would have happened anyway.

Popular Month - How many September commitments have we gotten the last few years?

No Swami - Hurley's 2019/2020 Recruit scorecard to date
May = 0
June = 0
July = 0
August = 0
September =
#ChiefCertified

C

Chief00

Recruits will commit to UCONN.
Tell the truth - I have always said September. And in a recent post I was even more specific time wise. The IQ level on this board has taken a nose dive - but don’t worry Chief to the rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom