The September Dam...When is it going to break? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The September Dam...When is it going to break?

When will the dam break?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The”i” and the “e” rule applies when they are consecutive letters. What school did you dudes go to? Chief has enough of basketball stuff going right now without discussing grammar.

It also doesn’t apply a bunch of times...casual rule.

upload_2018-9-7_19-52-14.jpeg

C

Chief00

Well you gotta go with the full rule:

I before e,
except after c,
or when sounding like "a"
as in neighbor and weigh.

Stopping at the first line is more of a casual grammarian thing.

You must of had a good elememtary school system. Where Chief went to school, they never covered the “a” thing.

Just getting in now - a busy month.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It’s actually quite sad. It’s more like seeing someone with a mental illness start believing their own hallucinations.
You and @UChusky916 seem to be pretty much on the same page in your regard for Chief's persona, disconnected enough from your emotions to express your distaste by using "it" rather than "I" as the subject in the most critical sentences you write.

It's not for me to say whether IT is "sad" or "amazing" or "embarrassing," but I know I don't agree with your characterizations and don't like being told them as though they're anything other than your contrary opinions.

I'd feel differently if I were reading from either of you, "I'm amazed...," "I'm embarrassed...," or "I'm sad..." Such phrasing, of course, can leave one more personally exposed & emotionally vulnerable.

Perhaps if you started referring to yourself in the third person...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Chief just might be the best online persona in the history of the internet. Just when you think you have seen maximum Chief, he raises the bar.
"Chief neither makes the bar higher nor lower. Chief goes wider, making it harder to go around him. Chief is his own dimension."

Reaction Score
You must of had a good elememtary school system. Where Chief went to school, they never covered the “a” thing.

Just getting in now - a busy month.
Sorry Chief. The correct phrasing should be, "You must have had" and not "You must of had". Helping keep Chief on top here is good for the mojo.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Chief00, Chief has enough of basketball stuff going right now without discussing grammar.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that would be spelling.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Sorry Chief. The correct phrasing should be, "You must have had" and not "You must of had". Helping keep Chief on top here is good for the mojo.
Now we're covering grammar.
How about getting back to the dam?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You and @UChusky916 seem to be pretty much on the same page in your regard for Chief's persona, disconnected enough from your emotions to express your distaste by using "it" rather than "I" as the subject in the most critical sentences you write.

It's not for me to say whether IT is "sad" or "amazing" or "embarrassing," but I know I don't agree with your characterizations and don't like being told them as though they're anything other than your contrary opinions.

I'd feel differently if I were reading from either of you, "I'm amazed...," "I'm embarrassed...," or "I'm sad..." Such phrasing, of course, can leave one more personally exposed & emotionally vulnerable.

Perhaps if you started referring to yourself in the third person...
Sick post dude. Definitely worth your time at 3AM Saturday.

C

Chief00

Letting dudes do what they seem to know about that doesn’t particularly interest Chief. Imagine if Bunkey ever turned these grammar dudes loose cleaning up his Instragram?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Sick post dude. Definitely worth your time at 3AM Saturday.
Thanks.

It was part of waking up from a lengthy & refreshing Indiana highway rest stop nap when storms made it unwise to keep driving from StLou to LouKY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom