The September Dam...When is it going to break? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The September Dam...When is it going to break?

When will the dam break?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

So we all know Chief has said the dam will break in September. We are two days into the month and all we have is one bad football game in the books but no solid news on the basketball front.

I thought it would be interesting to see what day we all predict the dam will break. I am going with September 12th for no other reason than that is the day I go back to basic training again and will have not way of checking this page for a while. Anyone else have thoughts?

Chief loves motivating the coaches to close. Seriously, these guys are largely self motivated but every little bit helps. A few tweaks here and there.

C

Chief00

LOL - Are you the same JMick that use to message Chief begging for recruiting information until Chief put you on ignored for awhile?

Reaction Score
LOL - Are you the same JMick that use to message Chief begging for recruiting information until Chief put you on ignored for awhile?
I never begged for squat, chief. I have as many PM's from you as you have from me. I'd post them, but I don't want to violate the gag order

In fact, one of the last PM's I have is from you, reaching out to me

Reaction Score
I feel like we will get Precious in the spring, assuming we have a good year and Hurley really impresses. I’m not an insider or someone who spends hours researching. I am just connecting dots. We have been the favorite for him all along, so he must like Uconn. But he is waiting to see what Hurley actually does before commiting. Not buying in based on hype. Smart move on his part. Taking his time with this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One commitment shouldn’t be described as a “dam breaking”. That phrasing implies that, after said initial recruit, 2-3 more will follow very soon after, as if precipitated by the first

And that ain’t happening
Oh not necessarily. We haven't gotten any recruits so even one breaks the damn.

Chief is the i Ching of BY. There is beauty in the many ways simple phrases can be interpreted.

Bagua.jpg

C

Chief00

Oh not necessarily. We haven't gotten any recruits so even one breaks the damn.

Chief is the i Ching of BY. There is beauty in the many ways simple phrases can be interpreted.

Bagua.jpg

Agreed, Chief doesn’t take even 1 recruit for granted. Anyone who does hasn’t seen the recruiting grind up close. We are appreciative of any recruit that we target, who picks UConn. Each one is very special.

It is September and the results so far:

May = 0
June = 0
July = 0
August = 0

So let’s respect the task before the dam breaks.

C

Chief00

I never begged for squat, chief. I have as many PM's from you as you have from me. I'd post them, but I don't want to violate the gag order

In fact, one of the last PM's I have is from you, reaching out to me

On 6/25 you reached out and started a recruiting conversation. You asked a question and I put “maybe” next to a short list of guys - meaning there was some possibility. Then next to another player I put a “?”, which meant I had no clue about that player in that context. You took it to mean that I was asking you about that player. Reasonable confusion, I guess.

But, no offense, my source for that player is in a lot better position than either you or I to know something. Sometimes something is just not knowable at a point in time, hence the “?”. I had no information to even say “maybe”.

Reaction Score
I’m expecting either 3 recruits at 14 total stars or 4 recruits at 18 total stars. Otherwise complete dam miss.

C

Chief00

I’m expecting either 3 recruits at 14 total stars or 4 recruits at 18 total stars. Otherwise complete dam miss.
And where would that class be rated in all time UConn classes?
And where would we rank nationally?

In one month pulling in:
two 5’s and a “4” = 14
two 5’s and two 4’s = 18

Is very unlikely to happen!

The dam has to break first - the prior 4 months have been zero combined. So let’s be realistic.

Reaction Score
Some here might label Chief a Squaw if the dam doesn't have cracks by the 14th and a reasonable flow by the 30th.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
It’s amazing how a clown and a meme on a board can turn into a true idol for insider info for those who don’t know better, simply because the newbies joined the yard after the meme became established, but no one alerted them to the inside joke.

Been saying this for what feels like years now. All he does is spew random crap while repeatedly hedging. Throwing $*** on the wall and seeing what sticks.

Chief said we weren't done with 2017 recruits on here for weeks, and yet, the roster remained unchanged. Chief also said he was partying with Drummond and UConn b!****s when AD was halfway across the country.

The dude is a joke and it's embarrassing that there's posters here who take him seriously. His charade was funny for 2 mins and now his act is beyond old.

Reaction Score
Been saying this for what feels like years now. All he does is spew random crap while repeatedly hedging. Throwing $*** on the wall and seeing what sticks.

Chief said we weren't done with 2017 recruits on here for weeks, and yet, the roster remained unchanged. Chief also said he was partying with Drummond and UConn b!****s when AD was halfway across the country.

The dude is a joke and it's embarrassing that there's posters here who take him seriously. His charade was funny for 2 mins and now his act is beyond old.

I smell a trial by combat?

Reaction Score

I feel for anyone who takes anything on the boneyard as serious as you take this. Sheesh lighting up dude. It’s all fun. Every time one of you go on one of those annual “take cheif down” campaigns it makes cheif a bigger rockstar than he already is lol

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

@UChusky916 , you are in stage two of The Five Stages of Chief. Stage two is anger and many Yarders find it hard to move on from this stage. It is my hope that when the dam breaks (when, not if) the ensuing flow of good recruiting news will carry you along past the rocky shores bargaining and depression and lay you gently in the land of acceptance. Or you could remain in stage two like the rest of us.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
And where would that class be rated in all time UConn classes?
And where would we rank nationally?

In one month pulling in:
two 5’s and a “4” = 14
two 5’s and two 4’s = 18

Is very unlikely to happen!

The dam has to break first - the prior 4 months have been zero combined. So let’s be realistic.
So when do you think the dam breaks this month? What was your vote?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I feel for anyone who takes anything on the boneyard as serious as you take this. Sheesh lighting up dude. It’s all fun. Every time one of you go on one of those annual “take cheif down” campaigns it makes cheif a bigger rockstar than he already is lol

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Psssht. Next thing you know you will be saying that Car Wash Man was BS. Oh ye of little faith.

C

Chief00

We were still 2017 recruiting at that time, things just did not work out on a particular recruit. As for AD, plans changed, if you don’t believe me ask Kentan. It’s not a big deal, NBA players plans change often.of course, you don’t mention me predicting AD committing for 2011/2012 - I think I was the only one. You also don’t mention little minor predictions on KO and Diaco LOL. You need to get better adjusted.

Last edited by a moderator:

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I did vote for fun, however I am staying with my prediction and not changing the timeframe.
What timeframe? September? So what was your vote? Why dodging the question?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

It’s actually quite sad. It’s more like seeing someone with a mental illness start believing their own hallucinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom