The September Dam...When is it going to break? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The September Dam...When is it going to break?

When will the dam break?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will the dam break due to an overload of recruiting commitments or because of aged infrastructure? Couldn't help it, this post has been most entertaining ;).

Reaction Score
That is factually inaccurate. It’s September - can’t be clearer than that. If it doesn’t happen in two weeks - you can be happy I am wrong. But, you can’t have it both ways.
Way to go out on a limb after being told that Hurley typically gets commitments in September on or after official visits and then learning that we had several official visits scheduled for September.

C

Chief00

The irony is the folks having it both ways are the ones who say it’s a layup prediction but they will be the first ones to criticize Chief, if we get no September commits. The hypocrisy is LOL.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Think it'll be Bouk and one of Wong/Gaffney. Which is a good start! Im just not sure I'd consider this the dam breaking. We'd have to reserve judgement. If Kofi and Precious commit in following months, then yes, the dam was broken.

My issue isn't the prediction. My issue is that it's just so vague for no reason....and then he doubles down on being vague. I don't need specific names, just say we will be getting 1-2 commits in September and more will follow in later months. Also the fact that literally 90% of his nonstop posting is the same tired gimmick. I'm so over the 3rd person stuff. It's increasingly annoying. I think others feel the same way.

Two quality guards is the damn breaking. Precious is waiting for spring. I hope and expect we can land one of the bigs this fall, and then I think Hurley holds a spot for Precious for as long as we seem to be in play.

Reaction Score
According to Chief's Encyclopedic Dictionary: A dam is a barrier that stops or restricts the flow of high quality recruits (see UConn classes of 2017 and 2018).

Reservoirs of high quality recruits created by dams not only reflect the suppression of floods of said players to UConn but also create an environment conducive to movement of recruits (through often dark and unseemly alternate channels) to backwaters such as Syracuse and Providence where they risk irrelevance or, respectively, hypothermia or death by water fire.

The "dam break" often (quite often, actually) referred to by Chief is simply a metaphor signifying the removal of such a restrictive barrier and the subsequent orderly flow of recruits into an environment in which they can grow and flourish.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Two quality guards is the damn breaking. Precious is waiting for spring. I hope and expect we can land one of the bigs this fall, and then I think Hurley holds a spot for Precious for as long as we seem to be in play.
I didn't say it wasn't a good start. The dam breaking implies more is on the way.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I didn't say it wasn't a good start. The dam breaking implies more is on the way.

It does. It doesn't imply that those "more" come in September.

pj

Reaction Score
According to Chief's Encyclopedic Dictionary: A dam is a barrier that stops or restricts the flow of high quality recruits (see UConn classes of 2017 and 2018).

Reservoirs of high quality recruits created by dams not only reflect the suppression of floods of said players to UConn but also create an environment conducive to movement of recruits (through often dark and unseemly alternate channels) to backwaters such as Syracuse and Providence where they risk irrelevance or, respectively, hypothermia or death by water fire.

The "dam break" often (quite often, actually) referred to by Chief is simply a metaphor signifying the removal of such a restrictive barrier and the subsequent orderly flow of recruits into an environment in which they can grow and flourish.

Great point. However, Chief did also say that the aftermath of the dam break would be a flood. So the flow of recruits may not be entirely orderly. That's OK, the main thing is there will be a flow!

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
It does. It doesn't imply that those "more" come in September.
Correct. Im sorry if my earlier post wasn't clear. What I meant to say was if Bouk and Gaffney/Wong commit in Sept one or more of Kofi Akok Precious need to commit for it to be a broken dam. If no one else commits, then it's just a splash IMO.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Funny thing is September is already almost half over. And if by the end of the month we have say 1 commit, Chief will still call that single commitment “the dam breaking”.
So little faith. Half empty vs half full.
The part about being clearer is what your definition of "dam breaking" entails. Its a metaphor. There's ambiguity unless you are specific.

Jalen Gaffney home visit (9/12)

I'll say it now, but dam breaking is NOT one commitment. We are talking three here if we're talking dams breaking. Maybe, just maybe, I'd allow two Sept commits as dam breaking stuff, given our results the last couple years. -intl

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Post #23 of that thread. I told people to enjoy the summer . Let the coaches do the work over the summer. I hope you followed that advice. Numerous times I posted about the recruiting dam breaking in September.

Post #23 was by StepbackCity and said:

Bro wdym

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The irony is the folks having it both ways are the ones who say it’s a layup prediction but they will be the first ones to criticize Chief, if we get no September commits. The hypocrisy is LOL.

How many commits in September? Not who. How many?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You’ve really come to Chief’s defense in this thread, it’s interesting.
Stick to the plain meaning of my words and see that if Chief were no more than a fraud of a mirage of a poser, he wouldn't add up to anything troublesome enough to warrant the refutation he 'inspires.'

I see no harm, I feel no harm. And I find the self-certain naysayers and bloviators and overreachers much more worthy of my negative attention. I don't count you among them.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Stick to the plain meaning of my words and see that if Chief were no more than a fraud of a mirage of a poser, he wouldn't add up to anything troublesome enough to warrant the refutation he 'inspires.'

This seems borderline fallacious. The amount of "refutation" Chief engenders is solely due to the group of people who egg Chief on and encourage him to continue being rude, condescending, and dishonest, among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom