The September Dam...When is it going to break? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

The September Dam...When is it going to break?

When will the dam break?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Lmao, it’s Hans and Chief against the world. Who’d Have thought the dynamic duo would hitch together like this.
Your world and "the world" are two very different things, but it's good to see that you're laughing.

C

Chief00

Nice try. Ollie handled recruiting differently. The guys that have done their homework have repeatedly provided evidence of Hurley's strategy. Which is to hold off on "early" commitments, host official visits starting in September, and look for commitments at that time. All of this has been known since shortly after we hired him.

Since you know all these details already about all the recruits, please share with Coach Hurley. I am sure it will be comforting. Maybe start with James B.

Reaction Score
I’ve been a lurker on this board for a very long time and only recently began posting. I’ve seen so much about Chief or back and forths about chief. His name has dominated conversation recently. This tends to happen every year around big recruiting periods. How have we not figured out if he actually has an in with the program after so many years.

I for one enjoy what he brings to this board cause it doesn’t really do me any harm. It’s playful and I’m just a generally laid back guy so he doesn’t really annoy me. But my biggest question is does he actually know when the damn dam will break?! Cause I’ve been fiending for some good freaking news and hoping it comes sooner rather than later and in bunches.

Reaction Score
I’ve been a lurker on this board for a very long time and only recently began posting. I’ve seen so much about Chief or back and forths about chief. His name has dominated conversation recently. This tends to happen every year around big recruiting periods. How have we not figured out if he actually has an in with the program after so many years.

I for one enjoy what he brings to this board cause it doesn’t really do me any harm. It’s playful and I’m just a generally laid back guy so he doesn’t really annoy me. But my biggest question is does he actually know when the damn dam will break?! Cause I’ve been fiending for some good freaking news and hoping it comes sooner rather than later and in bunches.
Dan Hurley commanded Chief to build an ark and gather all UConn fans aboard. Everyone not in the ark will be doomed in the American Conference for eternity. The dam will break.

C

Chief00

September.

Reaction Score

Chief is like Jon Snow, he knows nothing

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Dan Hurley commanded Chief to build an ark and gather all UConn fans aboard. Everyone not in the ark will be doomed in the American Conference for eternity. The dam will break.
This is gold.

Reaction Score

September.
Chief appreciates the casual fan's perspective. You may now return to your casual fan lurking and allow Chief to return to posting more of those *just* adorable Bunkey dancing Instas. Man, do I just enjoy the heck out of those.

Reaction Score
Chief appreciates the casual fan's perspective. You may now return to your casual fan lurking and allow Chief to return to posting more of those *just* adorable Bunkey dancing Instas. Man, do I just enjoy the heck out of those.

Bunky’s just out there in the street having fun, dancing and directing traffic. He’s living that crossing guard life.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Funny thing is September is already almost half over. And if by the end of the month we have say 1 commit, Chief will still call that single commitment “the dam breaking”.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Funny thing is September is already almost half over. And if by the end of the month we have say 1 commit, Chief will still call that single commitment “the dam breaking”.

With all due respect, you don't know how big the dam is, so who are you to judge how much it will take to break it?

It might be a small dam.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, you don't know how big the dam is, so who are you to judge how much it will take to break it?

It might be a small dam.

Chief at the dam:

jf12_43_001_.jpg

C

Chief00

So little faith. Half empty vs half full.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Pretty sure somewhere in this thread or another Chief already primed us for the scenario that 1 commit would break the dam and others may follow but not in September sooooo..........

Reaction Score
Pretty sure somewhere in this thread or another Chief already primed us for the scenario that 1 commit would break the dam and others may follow but not in September sooooo.....
The only scenario that he doesn't have covered is us not getting a commitment from a single recruit until the spring. Odds on that are extremely slim.

C

Chief00

The only scenario that he doesn't have covered is us not getting a commitment from a single recruit until the spring. Odds on that are extremely slim.
That is factually inaccurate. It’s September - can’t be clearer than that. If it doesn’t happen in two weeks - you can be happy I am wrong. But, you can’t have it both ways.

Reaction Score
That is factually inaccurate. It’s September - can’t be clearer than that. If it doesn’t happen in two weeks - you can be happy I am wrong. But, you can’t have it both ways.

The part about being clearer is what your definition of "dam breaking" entails. Its a metaphor. There's ambiguity unless you are specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom