The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Well Judge is slumping and runs are tough to come by, imagine that? They have zero good hitters.
Did you like Soto's 9th inning walk last night? That glare he gave the pitcher like, "Man, I got you!!!"

Reaction Score
Did you like Soto's 9th inning walk last night? That glare he gave the pitcher like, "Man, I got you!!!"
Soto and Judge can hit, ends there. Verdugo not awful, Volpe jury is out, Torres inconsistent, Rice we can hope but nothing definitive minus the big 2.

Reaction Score
Yeah batting average doesn’t matter according to Cashman.
What is interesting and somewhat promising is the team calling up Ben Rice and now Jorbit Vivas.

Both guys are more underheralded, less flashy prospects, but also have above-average hit grades due to their high-contact skills. In fact, if you look at their prospect profiles their "hit rating" ranks as their highest tool. Even though he has trouble with off-speed stuff, Rice looks comfortable in the box, doesn't do too much and has a decent eye.

In AAA, Vivas has .258/.404/.424 splits in 132 ABs that goes along with 8 SBs, so right there, he could fit a need of a high-contact guy with decent speed.

Dove

Reaction Score
Top first, Yanks load bases against the Os. And...

Verdu-stop.

Dove

Reaction Score
The Yanks are 19 games over .500. Incredible after the recent ineptitude.

Big game today.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I’m not giving the Yankees any credit for winning this series.
They won the series. Why do they need credit? The bigger issue is why is Holmes an all star. He has blown more saves in one half year than Mo did in 5. Or so it seems. He is always in trouble, rarely having a 1,2, 3 inning. Obviously the error hurt, but the bases were loaded to begin with. They need a strike out artist closer.

Reaction Score
They won the series. Why do they need credit? The bigger issue is why is Holmes an all star. He has blown more saves in one half year than Mo did in 5. Or so it seems. He is always in trouble, rarely having a 1,2, 3 inning. Obviously the error hurt, but the bases were loaded to begin with. They need a strike out artist closer.
I don’t care that they won the series big deal a sweep kind of would’ve made up for a series loss against the Orioles earlier not to mention the horrid slump since early June. They’re not capable of winning close games, will have to hope for 4 or 5 run leads in the 9th and hope that’s enough. Holmes can’t close and the Yankees make critical with the game on the line.

Winning a series won’t fool me into thinking things have changed. I welcome this team to make me eat crow, they are a fraud team until proven otherwise.

Dove

Reaction Score
"Okay, Scoe will not give the Yankees credit for a series win over the Birds. Noted."

Office Recording GIF by NoireSTEMinist

Reaction Score
"Okay, Scoe will not give the Yankees credit for a series win over the Birds. Noted."

Office Recording GIF by NoireSTEMinist
That’s right I guess this team is awesome now all of sudden for winning a series for the first time since early June. Yankees are held to a higher standard.

Dove

Reaction Score
That’s right I guess this team is awesome now all of sudden for winning a series for the first time since early June. Yankees are held to a higher standard.
Not saying that. Offense is still horribly put together, and executed.

Reaction Score
someone tipped me off to the MLB events and the national anthem. Ingrid Andress. This was a pathetic practical joke, don't mess with the national anthem!! And DO NOT click on this link if you want to spare yourself.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
someone tipped me off to the MLB events and the national anthem. Ingrid Andress. This was a pathetic practical joke, don't mess with the national anthem!! And DO NOT click on this link if you want to spare yourself.

I missed her name/introduction and while watching/hearing her performance, I actually thought MLB was doing something positive by showcasing a singer with some kind of disability.

Turns out she's just a horrible singer.

Dove

Reaction Score
I clicked. And, that's on me.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Yeah batting average doesn’t matter according to Cashman.
For years now, Cashman evaluates hitters on launch angle and bat speed. He does not value contact hitters or batting average. That philosophy of Cashman's reaches all the minor league teams.

Reaction Score
well that explains it

Ya I was gonna say I could’ve done better. I’m thinking she was on a bender that night had no knowledge of slurred speech, sounds it was more of a saving Grace announcement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom