The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread

Reaction Score
Could we please DFA someone and bring up Dominguez from AAA? 1.013 OPS in 87 ABs in the minors.

Cut Jones or Davis, I don't care, just one of the two.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Could we please DFA someone and bring up Dominguez from AAA? 1.013 OPS in 87 ABs in the minors.

The Martian has been injured. Pity me, i am going to the Stadium in a few weeks for the first time in a long time. Maybe by then they will have made some smart moves.

On O, in fairness, even though Lemahieu is aging who would expect him to be 100 points lower than his history (they were winning when he was out) or that decent hitter Verdugo would be struggling so much. Stanton went down (as usual) and hsd been productive. In fact the slide started when he got hurt. He is almost due back but will probably take a month to contribute if history holds.
I am ok with Volpe. Torres is unreliable but not terrible. Is he trade bait and maybe give Cabrera a regular shot at 3rd or 2nd.Wells shows promise, not so sure about Rice, at least not right now Soto might not be too keen on staying in NY if they don’t make an aggressive move to try and win this year. I think he likes being Judge’s teammate but wants to play for a winnet.

Pitching, Cole had a bad game. He has been good enough. Gil seems to be over his slump. Missing Schmidt who was pretty good hurts. Cortes is too hittable but also had several losses and no decisions where he pitched fine but he got no run support or the pen collapsed. Stroman erratic. I don’t love Holmes. I would much rather a swing and miss power closer.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This team, like the last few, is poorly constructed. I do not see any big moves by Cashman. Outside of Torres, what trade pieces do the Yanks have?

Cashman's tenure with analytics has been a mess. But it will continue.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Cut both of them, even if we don't yet have anyone ready to move up. I'm still furious that they were our lead off and clean up hitters Tuesday. Neither belongs in the major leagues.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Burn the God damned house down.

Drain the swamp!!!

My God. Was at a brewery tonight, checked score and we're winning. Get home to the bad news.

It's over.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Last place on earth I expected Jazz to land was in the Bronx. Do you guys really think Boone, Judge, et.al. can control his antics?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The least glaring need is outfielders. There's so much that I just don't understand about Cashman's methodology.

The kid doesn't hit for a high average but I fully expect it to drop 20-25 points with the Yankee approach (pull everything).

If anyone had any doubts as to how ridiculous Cashman's beliefs are, a few weeks back Rice hit three HR's in one game so they made him a leadoff hitter.

HeadBang.gif

Reaction Score
Don’t hate the move but Cashman has no balls to make real moves.

Reaction Score
Only gave up Serna (#19 prospect) and Ramirez (#20 prospect).

Good speed and maybe he lights a fire under Gleyber and Verdugo to step up. Has two years of arbitration remaining, so he'll be a replacement for Gleyber after this season. Also, allows Judge to stop playing CF too.

On a value perspective, I see this as a good investment on a guy whose value is low. I think his personality issues are overrated.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Gleyber's replacement should be Perazza.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
How does a pitching staff go south so quick. Logic would say a staff would get better when Cole comes back…they got worse.

Tonight…Stroman is given a 3 run lead in the top of the first…he gives up 3 runs in the bottom of the first. Gotta be frustrating for Soto and Judge.

Reaction Score
How does a pitching staff go south so quick. Logic would say a staff would get better when Cole comes back…they got worse.

Tonight…Stroman is given a 3 run lead in the top of the first…he gives up 3 runs in the bottom of the first. Gotta be frustrating for Soto and Judge.
Our pitching sucks and it seems like it has for a while now.

Reaction Score
I expected the Yankees to play like they are now from April 1st!
Hal S. and Cashman said they were "all in" and all they really got was Soto!
They needed a 3rd baseman, 2 Outfielders, Catcher, 2 starting pitchers, 2 relief pitchers, 1st Baseman, and possibly a 2nd baseman!
I also had bad vibes back 5 years ago when they didn't even interview Bryce Harper and J.T. Realmuto, who both signed with the Phillies! And the Phillies have the best record in Baseball now!
And now Hal tells us don't expect a lot of deals as the salary is "unsestainable"! (excuse the spelling)
If George was still alive the Yankees would have had at least 4 Championships since 2009!
The Yankees are just running amuck! No clue in management!

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Is he even good, I’m all for a Gleyber replacement but Peraza seems like another overhyped prospect that Cashman hugs and doesn’t get any value for.
I'd like it if he was given a chance so the organization (and fans) could find out. From what little I've seen i have no doubt that he could handle a middle infield position in the bigs defensively, but even if he destined to bust, it would be better to see it then to merely lt him linger forever in AAA.

Reaction Score
I'd like it if he was given a chance so the organization (and fans) could find out. From what little I've seen i have no doubt that he could handle a middle infield position in the bigs defensively, but even if he destined to bust, it would be better to see it then to merely lt him linger forever in AAA.
Ya I hear ya, and go figure now Gleyber is on a hot streak right at the deadline.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As long as Hal and Cashman are running the show, nothing will improve.

Torres is now balking and moving off a second base. Chisholm is not what was needed. Did Cashman call the Rays about Paredes? Paredes is an All-Star 3rd baseman with decent power. Did he ask the Rays about Fairbanks? Very good closer. He's got a 98 mph fastball.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I don't believe adding Chisolm was a great move but in all candor they could have done a lot worse (and all too often have done a lot worse).

Gleyber should like the idea of getting time at third if for no other reason than to improve his prospects in free agency this upcoming offseason.

For the record I've been saying for years that third would likely be his best position.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Hank and Cash are about a year and half apart in age. Hal is older.

Cashman started working for the Yankees as an intern at age 19 or so. These guys probably feel like they are brothers. 38 years together.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom