The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hank and Cash are about a year and half apart in age. Hal is older.

Cashman started working for the Yankees as an intern at age 19 or so. These guys probably feel like they are brothers. 38 years together.
Didn't Hank pass away?

I also believe that Hal was considerably younger than Hank and their two sisters.

Reaction Score
Yankees acquire RHP Mark Leiter Jr. from the Cubs for their #22 and #29 prospect.

Leiter has a 1.14 WHIP or lower in each of the last three seasons and 53 Ks in just 36 1/3 innings. 4.1 K/BB too. 13 holds.

I dig this.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Didn't Hank pass away?

I also believe that Hal was considerably younger than Hank and their two sisters.
I meant Hal. Yeah, Hank died in 2020

Reaction Score
Great win for the Yankees tonight, and two big series wins in a row after looking like complete doggy doo for a long time. Jazz has been a breath of fresh air and Judge keeps raking. Big pitching from Leiter and Tonkin and a great catch from Grisham.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Caught the last couple innings this afternoon. Good time to run into Phils with Schwarber & Harper going 1-21.

Thought Bohm had the walkoff, or at least a game tying double. Holmes made it interesting.

Reaction Score
So nice to see DJ contribute for what seems like the first time in a couple of seasons. Fingers crossed that this portends a return to the level of play we had come to expect from him.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Caught the last couple innings this afternoon. Good time to run into Phils with Schwarber & Harper going 1-21.

Thought Bohm had the walkoff, or at least a game tying double. Holmes made it interesting.
And of course the Yankee pitchers had nothing to do with the 1-21.

Look at the bright side, the Pirates actually added players this trade deadline.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I knew someone was going to chime in with that.

Fans can believe what they want. The origin of 'fan' comes from 'fanatic', which already implies being beyond reason ;)

Dove

Reaction Score

Look at the bright side, the Pirates actually added players this trade deadline.
Maybe now they'll score some runs for Paul Skenes.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Maybe now they'll score some runs for Paul Skenes.
He had >6 run per game support in May and June to get him acclimated to MLB. Now it's time to get him acclimated to being a Pirate!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Got to the Stadium today for the first time in several years. Yanks did not disappoint. Judge bomb in first:,,Volpe red hot and Rodon fine. Had a foul ball by Wells hit my side on a ricochet off a guy’s shoulder, happened so fast that some guy almost jumped in my lap to grab the ball almost out of my lap just as it hit my side. If it was a kid that would be ok. This was a 50 year old. anyway, fun game and we took the Yankee Stadium Metro North express which is great

Dove

Reaction Score
Got to the Stadium today for the first time in several years. Yanks did not disappoint. Judge bomb in first:,,Volpe red hot and Rodon fine. Had a foul ball by Wells hit my side on a ricochet off a guy’s shoulder, happened so fast that some guy almost jumped in my lap to grab the ball almost out of my lap just as it hit my side. If it was a kid that would be ok. This was a 50 year old. anyway, fun game and we took the Yankee Stadium Metro North express which is great
Sorry, man. That was me. I felt bad about it. Kinda. Why did you punch my nads like that?

Dove

Reaction Score
Working on the laptop last night I had the Yankee debacle on. I saw the Chisholm slide and saw how he came out of it. I knew there was something off with him.

Reaction Score
Working on the laptop last night I had the Yankee debacle on. I saw the Chisholm slide and saw how he came out of it. I knew there was something off with him.

Funny how quickly the lineup becomes awful again huh? I mean he’s not a great player but the problem is the Yanks have so many awful offensive players it’s tough to lose him.

Reaction Score
What a pleasure it is to watch a player like Aaron Judge in his prime. I've been a Yankee fan since the Reggie teams of the late 1970's and I can't think of any one player that's performed at the level that Judge has these past few years. Even the great dynasty teams of the late 1990's, except for possibly Mariano. Let's hope the Yankees don't do to Judge what the Angels have done to Mike Trout.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
What a pleasure it is to watch a player like Aaron Judge in his prime. I've been a Yankee fan since the Reggie teams of the late 1970's and I can't think of any one player that's performed at the level that Judge has these past few years. Even the great dynasty teams of the late 1990's, except for possibly Mariano. Let's hope the Yankees don't do to Judge what the Angels have done to Mike Trout.
Mattingly was pretty dominant for a few years there.

Reaction Score
Phew:

Also, I'm happy for Peraza for parlaying a strong last few weeks in AAA (1.063 OPS, 6 HRs in last 15 games) with a HR last night.

Maybe, maybe Jazz's injury allows Peraza to feel some swag and then he becomes a valuable versatile infielder for the Yankees next year. Maybe not a starter, but a guy off the bench who plays every day against LHP and can play any IF position.

On another note, I'm making my yearly trek to Hartford to catch Somerset in town. Not a ton of prospects on the team outside of Spencer Jones, but they've got a few of their top pitching prospects there. It was sweet watching Dominguez hit a HR in Hartford last year and also got to see Wells too.

Reaction Score
It was nice seeing Spencer Jones have a good game last night in Hartford. Started with a loop hit to the outfield (probably should have been caught) that he ran hard enough to turned it into a double. His single was a rope too and he looked comfortable in CF.

Also, he was kind enough to sign autographs to kids before the game. He’s a shot right from my seat.

IMG_5458.jpeg

I was a fan of Flores too. Nice approach at the plate and he’s got a nice swing. Seems like he might not stick at catcher long-term but he’s got an intriguing bat for sure.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yankees are not throwing the division. Silly. It is true that Holmes has been bad, They are up5-6 games if he was only half as bad.

Got to,the Stadium today for the second time in 3 weeks after 6 year gap and rewarded both times with a Judge HR and a decent start by Cole, 1 hit , a few too many walks . While the Indians exploded in extra innings in Game 1, despite Gil struggles, the Indians did squat against our starters.

Reaction Score
Nothing Short of a sweep this weekend against Colorado. Series win is not good enough. 3 games with the Nationals follows while Baltimore gets Hou and the Dodgers! If a 3-5 game lead isn’t gained by this time next week, the yanks do not deserve to win the division.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom