The Official 2019 Mets Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The Official 2019 Mets Thread

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
such a laughable bad trade. the mariners would have shot cano to the sun to not pay him.

I think the mlbpa would’ve taken issue with that...

Reaction Score
#dailymelt

How 'bout those Mets? deGrom? Alonso? BVW with a nice pickup of Panik?

2 games back of the WC and a huge homestand coming up? Fun team to watch.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How 'bout those Mets? deGrom? Alonso? BVW with a nice pickup of Panik?

2 games back of the WC and a huge homestand coming up? Fun team to watch.

lol yeah the stuff sandy left is good. deserves tge credit.

2 games behind the wild card - such wild success!

too bad no more kansas city and miami for a bit!

Reaction Score
lol yeah the stuff sandy left is good. deserves tge credit.

2 games behind the wild card - such wild success!

too bad no more kansas city and miami for a bit!

For someone who's as smart as you are, you really begin a lot of your posts with "lol". That's cute. And thanks for your continued support of the New York Mets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For someone who's as smart as you are, you really begin a lot of your posts with "lol". That's cute. And thanks for your continued support of the New York Mets.

it’s just acknowledging your weak trolling attempts

Reaction Score
Nimmo in AAA and Lowrie actually hit in a minor league game. Getting them back along with McNeil and Smith back will actually give the team major league depth.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nimmo in AAA and Lowrie actually hit in a minor league game. Getting them back along with McNeil and Smith back will actually give the team major league depth.
I heard the same report during the game but I’m not allowing myself to believe it.

Reaction Score
I heard the same report during the game but I’m not allowing myself to believe it.

I really just want altherr off the team. Nimmo back helps there then just give me McNeil and the others would just be gravy.

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t know why they pinch hit with altherr when every starting pitcher they have is a better hitter.

Reaction Score
Hey whaler11? Not a bad pickup of JD Davis by BVW, huh? You’re a donkey!
It's too bad they didn't have a smart GM to find a good 2B to fill in for Cano/McNeil too

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey whaler11? Not a bad pickup of JD Davis by BVW, huh? You’re a donkey!

lol yeah im a donkey because a guy got a hit after the dopey indians pitcher didnt cover first.

you do know how this ends right? you should be praising sandy you dope

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but this is very enjoyable. A month ago I did not expect to be watching meaningful games in late August. And a really good group of guys.
I am not a fan of the mets at all. But if you are a fan of baseball, watching teams make runs like this is fun. From 40-52 to 66-60, not bad. Including 4 in a row and 2 vs Cleveland. 26-8 over the past 34 games. Kind of like that insane run the Rockies made a number of years ago. They were left for dead in September and went something like 21-1 to not only make the playoffs, but made it all the way to the world series winning 21 of those 22. That team was 45-46 and later on just 76-72.

Those kind of runs are fun to watch, just as a fan of sports in general. Maybe the mets make it, maybe they don't, but they have put themselves in a good position heading into the final weeks and that is a fun story to pull for, who doesn't like those stories?

Reaction Score
lol yeah im a donkey because a guy got a hit after the dopey indians pitcher didnt cover first.

you do know how this ends right? you should be praising sandy you dope

lol

HEEE HAAAAW!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So I think the Indians might not be that good.
I think that most teams, the Mets included, have some serious flaws--especially bullpens. The Mets probably have the best starting rotation and I don't think anyone will want to face them in a short series. Our defense is still flawed, and that may be the death of us yet, but it's the price we're paying for our strong offense. Time will tell if the strength of our offense will continue to be enough to offset our poor defense, but I think we are as good as or better than the rest of the teams we face this season except for the Braves and the Dodgers. That's probably why FanGraphs gives us the best odds of grabbing the second wildcard as of today.

We need Jake to start this Braves series off on the right foot for us tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom