The Official 2019 Mets Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

The Official 2019 Mets Thread

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Damn. Bad start today. I had a feeling the magic would end here, because the win is expected.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Damn. Bad start today. I had a feeling the magic would end here, because the win is expected.
Bad call. Shut up until after the game.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
You Gotta Believe

Amen brother. Been with them since before this.... this banner comes out playoff time.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Third year in a row they have lost on UConn day at Citifield

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Familia seems to have righted the ship. I do not trust him, however, and this was by far the worse move by BVW.

Reaction Score
Get it done, @Deepster . I'm counting on you. What a great night ahead. Will probably be the biggest crowd of the season.

You still vegetarian, or are you mixing in some meat? I trust you know about the Fuku chicken sandwich, the Taqueria and Mama's of Corona? If you haven't been to Mikkeller, it's a great pre or post game stop with a ridiculously good tap list that includes lots of their own excellent beers and also a really well-curated list of guest taps from some of the top brewers in the country; and they also pour some great craft ciders. They also sell beer to go and have a pretty decent food menu, but if fills up quickly post-game so I'd get there in the ninth and watch the end of the game from there if you want to check it out. Wish it was connected to the ballpark so you could go in and out.

Have a great night. I'm jealous.

LOL. I have flip flopped the vegetarian for the Keto life, actually. To be honest, we got in a little late and the place was more packed than I've ever seen it. The CF concourse was a zoo the entire night. The food and drink was a little more routine than I would have liked.

All that said, the place really was electric.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
LOL. I have flip flopped the vegetarian for the Keto life, actually. To be honest, we got in a little late and the place was more packed than I've ever seen it. The CF concourse was a zoo the entire night. The food and drink was a little more routine than I would have liked.

All that said, the place really was electric.
I take it you missed the Hawaiian shirts then, too?

Reaction Score
I take it you missed the Hawaiian shirts then, too?

I was NOT happy about that one. They looked great. The guy in front of me sold his for 60.00 to someone a row over.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Familia seems to have righted the ship. I do not trust him, however, and this was by far the worse move by BVW.

It’s the cano trade and it’s not even close.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I read a good insight on the Mets surge a week or so ago. Commentator pointed out that the Mets are where they were expected to be, i.e., in the hunt in the mediocre and up-for-grabs National League East, but not for the reasons BVW intended. Alonso, McNeil and Davis are powering the offense, but they were not expected to be ready to be everyday players yet, and that's why they went out and got Cano and Lowrie, the former of whom has been injured more often than not, and the latter of whom hasn't played a single game. And Diaz was supposed to anchor the closer spot with Familia and Lugo backing him up. But Diaz has been a disaster and they've had to rely on Lugo more than anyone else.

The starting pitching is the only thing that was expected, and that finally came back to form since the All-Star break, but now the cracks are starting to show--especially the defense they are surrendering by playing Alonso, McNeil and Davis everyday. Alonso's error caused them to drop the last game of the Nats series, and the hits that dropped in front of Davis led to last night's loss. They have to play him further back to protect against long balls, but that means he doesn't have the speed to get to more shallow balls, which it seemed like Atlanta was targeting last night.

I haven't heard anything about McNeil's injury today, but if he is out for a while during this stretch our offense is going to take a hit.

Reaction Score
Why did he take Matz out at 79 pitches? This inning has been a nightmare.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It was nice to dream about the postseason for a while.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why did he take Matz out at 79 pitches? This inning has been a nightmare.
“I’ll make that move 100 times out of 100, that’s the right move in my mind,’’ Callaway said.

SMH

Reaction Score
“I’ll make that move 100 times out of 100, that’s the right move in my mind,’’ Callaway said.

SMH

That's simply a guy who is making it clear he doesn't want to answer for his screwup. The way Matz was pitching, the pitch count and the fact you let him hit? Every indication he should have gone out there next inning. Callaway panicked, got burned and won't admit it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That's simply a guy who is making it clear he doesn't want to answer for his screwup. The way Matz was pitching, the pitch count and the fact you let him hit? Every indication he should have gone out there next inning. Callaway panicked, got burned and won't admit it.
I read somewhere this morning that he was concerned that Matz had just run the bases and there were two dangerous righties coming up. Pretty lame imo.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere this morning that he was concerned that Matz had just run the bases and there were two dangerous righties coming up. Pretty lame imo.

I just read that Lugo didn't get up to warm up until JD put them in front 2-1.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I just read that Lugo didn't get up to warm up until JD put them in front 2-1.
Wait, so he was sticking with Matz if they were tied and only decided to bring in Lugo when they took they lead? That makes zero sense to me because you are not using him for three innings, and he is your best closer right now. What was the plan for the 9th if they had the lead, Familia?

Reaction Score
Wait, so he was sticking with Matz if they were tied and only decided to bring in Lugo when they took they lead? That makes zero sense to me because you are not using him for three innings, and he is your best closer right now. What was the plan for the 9th if they had the lead, Familia?
Davis was a 2 run single so he wasn't bringing Lugo in if they were losing. But still a dumb decision to pull Matz

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Davis was a 2 run single so he wasn't bringing Lugo in if they were losing. But still a dumb decision to pull Matz
Ah, I snoozed for a bit and missed that. Yes, still dumb.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Just in case anyone thought Mickey has a clue

Very surprising considering he came from CLE, who is always on the cutting edge of this stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom