The Official 2019 Mets Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Official 2019 Mets Thread

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If you think the price is that low... what might mean?

I’ll say it low compared to what they were asking from the Yankees.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

what people are rumored to be asking doesnt matter.

Reaction Score
Yeah this is basically the starting point I'm going off. They wanted Deivi Garcia as a starting point, who's a top 40-50 prospect in baseball. The Mets got him without any top 100 prospects, which for a 2/3 starter I'll take any day

Reaction Score
Fair points.

I’m trying to think who is the cf that the Mets could deal for.

The best bet would be to do what the Indians did last year and get their future starting cf at the TD (Oscar Mercado).

Wheeler is a great chip to find that kind of guy.
Margot seems like the best bet, but that means trading Thor and I don't want that. In the off-season they could probably get Inciarte

the Q

Reaction Score
Yeah this is basically the starting point I'm going off. They wanted Deivi Garcia as a starting point, who's a top 40-50 prospect in baseball. The Mets got him without any top 100 prospects, which for a 2/3 starter I'll take any day

If the Yankees or astros gave up a similar package I would’ve liked this deal a lot.

But if the Mets were willing to pay this exact same price in December, I’m not sure it matters as much getting him bow vs then. It just gives them a chance to lock him up long term this winter.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If the Yankees or astros gave up a similar package I would’ve liked this deal a lot.

But if the Mets were willing to pay this exact same price in December, I’m not sure it matters as much getting him bow vs then. It just gives them a chance to lock him up long term this winter.

the last thing you want to do is lock him up long term.

has no one learned anything?

Reaction Score

I guess if they could have gotten him cheaper in the winter it's worth waiting. But I get the feeling it was get him now or not at all

the Q

Reaction Score
the last thing you want to do is lock him up long term.

has no one learned anything?

I’m generally with you. I wouldn’t have made this trade. I’m trying to look at it with a pro Mets perspective.

I also don’t like extending a tiny sp. short pitchers have a poor aging history.

The Mets should’ve been moving almost anything that wasn’t nailed down.

How they make a trade like this without moving dom Smith is kinda baffling as well.

Reaction Score

It’s good to see that Ian Malcolm managed to safely get off of Isla Nublar.

giAExOY.jpg

Reaction Score
Vargas for a AA catcher hitting under .200 is a head scratcher. Wow. You traded him for a bag of balls.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Vargas for a AA catcher hitting under .200 is a head scratcher. Wow. You traded him for a bag of balls.

it’s a straight salary dump but because it’s the mets they got one of wilpon’s kids college teammates

Reaction Score
it’s a straight salary dump but because it’s the mets they got one of wilpon’s kids college teammates

They could have dumped the salary for something better than that. The deadline and their pitching trade depth dictates that.

Reaction Score
They could have dumped the salary for something better than that. The deadline and their pitching trade depth dictates that.
Yeah I feel like they could have gotten something useful but it saves them the $2M buyout this off-season. And somehow this guy is probably better than Nido

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I’ve been trying to explain the GM is a clown....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So when they trade him for less than Buxton don’t be disappointed...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Coupons have wanted him gone since he went after that reporter.

the Q

Reaction Score
It is amazing watching a New York City team be so darn cheap.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What team do you follow? I mean, other than being an expert on the Mets?

I’m an Orioles fan - sorry you hired a tool. The obvious hire was Bloom. It’s kinda funny you are mad at me instead of the Mets. You don’t really need to be a Mets ‘expert’ to realize someone who trades for Robinson Cano isn’t competent.

Reaction Score
I saw a rumor of Devi Garcia for Thor I would kill Cashman in that case. Bring the kid up already he has to be better than what they're throwing out there on the mound these days but please do not trade him for a 5.00 ERA guy. Hopefully fake news.

Reaction Score
I'm on board with the moves so far, get ready for 2020. But hard to see how moving Diaz makes any sense

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Yes, salary dump and a handful of magic beans for the cow.
BVW moves are puzzling.. Not likely the Mets get a WC spot, but Vargas is pitching well for an “old” guy. He goes, Robbie and Jed remain under contract.
Diaz needs to be given at least next year, he”s a kid. I expect BVW to unload him however.

Reaction Score
I’m an Orioles fan - sorry you hired a tool. The obvious hire was Bloom. It’s kinda funny you are mad at me instead of the Mets. You don’t really need to be a Mets ‘expert’ to realize someone who trades for Robinson Cano isn’t competent.

I'm not mad. I do find it interesting that a fan of such a perennial bottom feeder is this critical of a team in an entirely different league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom