The Official 2019 Mets Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Official 2019 Mets Thread

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Guessing you don't like this deal?

I don’t think it’s bad value, per se. but the Mets buying seems odd. If another team traded those two prospects I’d probably say they did well compared to what Toronto was asking from the Yankees.

Reaction Score
Gave away #4and #6 prospects. Might be okay. I’m thinking it’s wheeler that’s gone and Stroman is his replacement. Hopefully wheeler brings back something of some value.

Reaction Score
They need to bring in a major league 3rd baseman or CF for Wheeler. If not then a team’s AAA equivalent at either of those two positions.

Reaction Score
Gave away #4and #6 prospects. Might be okay. I’m thinking it’s wheeler that’s gone and Stroman is his replacement. Hopefully wheeler brings back something of some value.

That was exactly my take on it.

And I don't think Thor gets traded now. Wheeler is a definite and maybe Vargas.

the Q

Reaction Score
The next time someone self righteously says that someone in power immediate knows better than a BY member, im remembering Dave Stewart and BVW.

If I couldn’t do a better job of roster construction, asset management and budget...someone can just behead me right now.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have no idea if it's going to make Mets more competitive in 2020, but compared to Archer for Meadows/Glasnow/Baz, it's a veritable steal.

< depressed Pirates fan.

Reaction Score
I don’t get the hate. I don't trust them to make the right next moves but on its own this trade is a huge win

the Q

Reaction Score
I don’t get the hate. I don't trust them to make the right next moves but on its own this trade is a huge win

The problem is they are a rudderless ship right now. What is their path to Cotention to justify being buyers now? Especially if the follow up move is trading Syndergaard rather than wheeler?

Reaction Score
The problem is they are a rudderless ship right now. What is their path to Cotention to justify being buyers now? Especially if the follow up move is trading Syndergaard rather than wheeler?
I'm skeptical they spend enough to make it happen but a rotation of deGrom, Stroman, Matz, whoever they keep of Wheeler Syndergaard is more than enough. Add a 1 or 2 bats in the SP trade (preferably CF) or in FA this off-season and you have a strong enough lineup with Alonso, McNeil, Conforto, Rosario with those guys

the Q

Reaction Score
I'm skeptical they spend enough to make it happen but a rotation of deGrom, Stroman, Matz, whoever they keep of Wheeler Syndergaard is more than enough. Add a 1 or 2 bats in the SP trade (preferably CF) or in FA this off-season and you have a strong enough lineup with Alonso, McNeil, Conforto, Rosario with those guys

They’re probably the team that needs to take a chance on Addison Russell.

And then turn Dom Smith into some kind of useful asset. Ideally a center fielder like you mentioned. I would flip wheeler now and keep Thor. You already have control over him vs wheelers free agency.

Reaction Score
They’re probably the team that needs to take a chance on Addison Russell.

And then turn Dom Smith into some kind of useful asset. Ideally a center fielder like you mentioned. I would flip wheeler now and keep Thor. You already have control over him vs wheelers free agency.
That seems likely now that Thor is staying since nobody wants to meet the price. At this point I'd almost rather they keep Wheeler unless they're blown away and give him the QO this offseason

Reaction Score
They have no timely hitting as seen in the three games they just lost in San Francisco.

Reaction Score
Get a real CF. Get rid of Legares. Move Davis to third. Get rid of Frazier and eventually Lowrie.
Some terrible signings by BVW, such as an aging Cano and an aging Lowrie.

the Q

Reaction Score
Get a real CF. Get rid of Legares. Move Davis to third. Get rid of Frazier and eventually Lowrie.
Some terrible signings by BVW, such as an aging Cano and an aging Lowrie.

I was in favor of giving Legares a chance cause of his (much needed) defense. But yeah....it’s all gone.

Add russell to play SS

Trade dom smith and Rosario to fill needs like cf.

Pray to god that familia and diaz find their way back.

If wheeler takes the QO i can live with that for a year. Otherwise find someone else who will take a one year deal.

Idk. That seems like the only way. Off the top of my head. And even that would get expensive.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Get a real CF. Get rid of Legares.

Come take Marte off our hands. He has 2 reasonable team option years left after this year. Pirates are going nowhere until 2022 at earliest, so we'll take lower level prospects. Szapucki, Peterson, Sanchez and Hernandez gets it done. Throw in Ryan Ryder to even out the $$ (Marte has an estimated $32 million surplus from now through 2021).

Reaction Score
I was in favor of giving Legares a chance cause of his (much needed) defense. But yeah....it’s all gone.

Add russell to play SS

Trade dom smith and Rosario to fill needs like cf.

Pray to god that familia and diaz find their way back.

If wheeler takes the QO i can live with that for a year. Otherwise find someone else who will take a one year deal.

Idk. That seems like the only way. Off the top of my head. And even that would get expensive.
I don't want any part of Russell, he's a bad player and worse person. He can play somewhere else

the Q

Reaction Score
I don't want any part of Russell, he's a bad player and worse person. He can play somewhere else

Are you rolling with Rosario?

Reaction Score
Are you rolling with Rosario?
Not sold on him at all, I'd keep him around and try him in CF in the off-season or in case Gimenez struggles next year

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

they bought high on a heavily used short right handed pitcher who hasnt pitched as well as his era would reflect.

when they are done with whatever it is they are trying to do we’ll all see it to save some nominal amount of salary because the franchise is an absolute joke.

the Q

Reaction Score
Not sold on him at all, I'd keep him around and try him in CF in the off-season or in case Gimenez struggles next year

I think if he’s not Your guy you move him to get the help you need. If you’re trying to contend next year....not saying the Mets should be...but that was the question and assumption I was working under.

Also I will admit I don’t really care about what these guys do off the field as much as others. I’m trying to win. Russell makes the Mets better. Figure out everything else after that. Winning solves pretty much everything.

Reaction Score
they bought high on a heavily used short right handed pitcher who hasnt pitched as well as his era would reflect.

when they are done with whatever it is they are trying to do we’ll all see it to save some nominal amount of salary because the franchise is an absolute joke.
I agree on the second part. But this is an incredibly low price for Stroman

Reaction Score
I think if he’s not Your guy you move him to get the help you need. If you’re trying to contend next year....not saying the Mets should be...but that was the question and assumption I was working under.

Also I will admit I don’t really care about what these guys do off the field as much as others. I’m trying to win. Russell makes the Mets better. Figure out everything else after that. Winning solves pretty much everything.
If they could get someone better, especially a CF, I'd be all for moving him. I just feel like he probably has more value to the Mets than he'd bring back in a trade

Russell for me doesn't even make the Mets better so not worth all the extra baggage/backlash

the Q

Reaction Score
If they could get someone better, especially a CF, I'd be all for moving him. I just feel like he probably has more value to the Mets than he'd bring back in a trade

Russell for me doesn't even make the Mets better so not worth all the extra baggage/backlash

Fair points.

I’m trying to think who is the cf that the Mets could deal for.

The best bet would be to do what the Indians did last year and get their future starting cf at the TD (Oscar Mercado).

Wheeler is a great chip to find that kind of guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom