The Official 2019 Mets Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The Official 2019 Mets Thread

Reaction Score
I’m just glad the Mets are giving me false hope. Give me a winning August and it at least takes me to other sports starting up again.

If they take 2/3 this weekend and 3/4 against the Marlins I might start thinking my false hope has some real hope in it.

Reaction Score
Holding my breath and waiting for Whaler11 to show up and admit maybe BVW does know what he's doing....

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Holding my breath and waiting for Whaler11 to show up and admit maybe BVW does know what he's doing....
Shhhh...don't jinx it!!!

Even I could script the narrative that all they've done is beat up on the Little Sisters of the Poor and let's see what they do against a team that's above them in the standings, starting with the Nats tomorrow.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

they got hot, don’t worry the regression is coming and he doesn’t know what he is doing.

Reaction Score
they got hot, don’t worry the regression is coming and he doesn’t know what he is doing.

Yeah. Not trading Syndergaard and Wheeler, then getting Stroman has worked out horribly. Can't wait for you to "school me" more on being a MLB GM.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah. Not trading Syndergaard and Wheeler, then getting Stroman has worked out horribly. Can't wait for you to "school me" more on being a MLB GM.

lol yeah that’s how you judge mlb general managers and mlb trades. after a week of playing a AAA team.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm just happy that Alonso got off the schneid last night. He was so happy that it made me happy.

LFGM!

Reaction Score
lol yeah that’s how you judge mlb general managers and mlb trades. after a week of playing a AAA team.

No. If you paid any attention, I said the jury is still out on him and you're making a kneejerk judgement. You just love waiting until someone is down, then kicking them in the teeth like you saw it coming all along. It's a coward's position because you can't lose.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

If you're talking about the Pirates, the AAA team may be better.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Imagine if they used the money for cano and lowrie on machado instead....

Reaction Score
Imagine if they used the money for cano and lowrie on machado instead....
Yeah but Machado watches his HRs and sometimes doesn't run hard. They dodged a bullet

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah I have absolutely no idea what they are doing, and I'm pretty sure they don't, either.

This is not aging well.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Maybe everyone waits to see how the season finishes up. I don’t think you. Can argue either way that the Cano and Lowrie deals were bad moves.

The Rockies made the post season despite abysmal moves by their gm the last few years.

Reaction Score
13 wins in 14 games thanks to the Whaler11 Curse. Day off tomorrow before the Nats come in for the weekend and the Deepster will be there Saturday night.

Last time I saw them play the Nats, it was the day after they traded for Cespedes and they hit 3 HR's off 5 pitches. There's an SNY special about it called "Five Days in Flushing" and I am on screen at one point. Good Mojo all around.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
13 wins in 14 games thanks to the Whaler11 Curse. Day off tomorrow before the Nats come in for the weekend and the Deepster will be there Saturday night.

Last time I saw them play the Nats, it was the day after they traded for Cespedes and they hit 3 HR's off 5 pitches. There's an SNY special about it called "Five Days in Flushing" and I am on screen at one point. Good Mojo all around.
I am hoping to see them play the Nats in DC on Labor Day; and I am hoping that they will still be alive in the playoff hunt then. Never been to a ball game there before.

Reaction Score
Omfg! As a DIE HARD this is crazy. Only explanation - and this is crazy and I’ll be first to admit. My father passed on 7/17, at his funeral on 7/23 the pastor (a huge Mets fan like my dad) said at the end of the funeral “maybe as a fellow Mets fan he can take a few minutes up in heaven and call in a favor for our beloved Mets”. Since then...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Day off tomorrow before the Nats come in for the weekend and the Deepster will be there Saturday night.

Good Mojo all around.
Get it done, @Deepster . I'm counting on you. What a great night ahead. Will probably be the biggest crowd of the season.

You still vegetarian, or are you mixing in some meat? I trust you know about the Fuku chicken sandwich, the Taqueria and Mama's of Corona? If you haven't been to Mikkeller, it's a great pre or post game stop with a ridiculously good tap list that includes lots of their own excellent beers and also a really well-curated list of guest taps from some of the top brewers in the country; and they also pour some great craft ciders. They also sell beer to go and have a pretty decent food menu, but if fills up quickly post-game so I'd get there in the ninth and watch the end of the game from there if you want to check it out. Wish it was connected to the ballpark so you could go in and out.

Have a great night. I'm jealous.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm going to Citi on September 7th, they face Philly. When we got the tickets a few weeks ago I didn't imagine it might be a meaningful game.

This is amazing. LFGM

Reaction Score
Right before Guillorme stepped into the batters box, i thought to myself, "what if he hits his first major league dinger to tie it up," and it happened!

LFGM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom