?The Downfall of Louisville? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

?The Downfall of Louisville?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Louisville getting the Death Penalty was always a longshot, but a lot of things are sure breaking our way early in this process. Pitino shaking down the University for $44 large and Jurich saying "no, you're fired" are both great developments on the path towards the NCAA saying "we've got our scapegoat".

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
What's going to hurt Louisvile is that the AD was the priority. The AD was not an arm of the university, it was the university. The AD became the brand of the university to the excusion of all else. Of course Jurich will absolve himself from the Adidas deal because other university officials were involved but what goes unsaid is that those university officials were doing what everyone else was doing: driving the AD forward to benefit the university. Louisvile and it's AD is the classic tail wagging the dog.

Reaction Score

>>The new contract includes a pretty major escape hatch for Adidas. A brand-new clause in the recent contract extension says that if U of L ceases to be considered an “elite” university compared to Adidas’ other schools, U of L would have to negotiate with Adidas “to remedy” the issue. <<

Reaction Score
Louisville getting the Death Penalty was always a longshot, but a lot of things are sure breaking our way early in this process. Pitino shaking down the University for $44 large and Jurich saying "no, you're fired" are both great developments on the path towards the NCAA saying "we've got our scapegoat".

Pitino's position in all this almost laughable. They could have likely terminated him with cause for the stripper deal not even considering this pay to play deal. When it comes to blame for anything in the program he acts like he's an independent contractor with no responsibility for the program. He wasn't canned for he stripper deal because they didn't want to blow up the program plain and simple. If i were Louisville i would not pay him a nickel until i've exhausted every legal appeal. The a.d. is a little more complicated matter.

Reaction Score
At Pitino's age, he might not outlive the show-cause that gets put on him.

Reaction Score
Pitino's position in all this almost laughable. They could have likely terminated him with cause for the stripper deal not even considering this pay to play deal. When it comes to blame for anything in the program he acts like he's an independent contractor with no responsibility for the program. He wasn't canned for he stripper deal because they didn't want to blow up the program plain and simple. If i were Louisville i would not pay him a nickel until i've exhausted every legal appeal. The a.d. is a little more complicated matter.

You would pay Quick to keep his mouth shut. The Univ. Of Louisville will eventually do the same. Think of the just the last two scandals: Hookers in dorm rooms and now pay-for-play. I have to believe Quick was involved in more dirt than just what he was caught doing. The B.O.T. of Louisville would have to believe the same. They need Quick to go gently into that good night......so to speak.

Reaction Score
I get the Jurich thing. There are always going to be a bunch of big donors who will have k a guy like that. You only need to look at the Art Briles supporters at Baylor to understand what is going on. Jurich built not just a single program but the entire department. But I think both Postel and the Board have been having issues with him recently and while it will take a while he will be gone. With luck he will do serious damage on the way out though.

Reaction Score
Worth the longer read:

>>Turns out, the school’s endowment isn’t worth as much as it was billed to have been worth.<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Louisville Basketball Coaching Hotboard

The list to replace Pitino has to start with two names: Oklahoma Thunder coach Billy Donovan and Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens.

ESoSI2X.gif

Reaction Score
When Louisville gets dumped from the ACC come talk to me about their downfall, and with what I read about that not happening they will be back in business and in better conference position than us with all of those advantages in just a few years.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

>>The new contract includes a pretty major escape hatch for Adidas. A brand-new clause in the recent contract extension says that if U of L ceases to be considered an “elite” university compared to Adidas’ other schools, U of L would have to negotiate with Adidas “to remedy” the issue. <<

That would be kind of ironic since their company was the prime instigator in the scandal. Principal liable for the acts of their agents. Like to hear from the attys on this or should it be switched to the cesspool?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom