?The Downfall of Louisville? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

?The Downfall of Louisville?

Reaction Score
Louisville Basketball Coaching Hotboard

The list to replace Pitino has to start with two names: Oklahoma Thunder coach Billy Donovan and Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens.

ESoSI2X.gif
Probably the funniest thing I've ever read on this board. Needed this today, thank you

Reaction Score
Rick Pitino raked in 98 percent of the money from University of Louisville's current Adidas deal

>>When University of Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich announced a new $160 million, 10-year deal with athletic apparel giant Adidas on Aug. 25, a reporter asked him if some of the proceeds would be shared with the university. “It’s for the athletic department,” Jurich replied. “It’s for these student-athletes. It’s been earmarked for them.”<<

>>In 2015-16, for example, $1.5 million went to Pitino under his personal services agreement with the apparel company while just $25,000 went to the program, according to a contract obtained by the Courier-Journal under the state public records act. The year before, Pitino also got $1.5 million, while the department banked just $10,000.

Under the existing and new contracts, any money that Adidas pays to University of Louisville coaches under personal service agreements is deducted from what the company gives to the athletic program.<<

Reaction Score
Rick Pitino raked in 98 percent of the money from University of Louisville's current Adidas deal

>>When University of Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich announced a new $160 million, 10-year deal with athletic apparel giant Adidas on Aug. 25, a reporter asked him if some of the proceeds would be shared with the university. “It’s for the athletic department,” Jurich replied. “It’s for these student-athletes. It’s been earmarked for them.”<<

>>In 2015-16, for example, $1.5 million went to Pitino under his personal services agreement with the apparel company while just $25,000 went to the program, according to a contract obtained by the Courier-Journal under the state public records act. The year before, Pitino also got $1.5 million, while the department banked just $10,000.

Under the existing and new contracts, any money that Adidas pays to University of Louisville coaches under personal service agreements is deducted from what the company gives to the athletic program.<<

Slick Rick is gonna be SHOCKED again when someone tells him about this.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
... but, but, but Univ. of Louisville is one of the most profitable Athletic Departments in the country. That's why the ACC chose them....

Actually, as it turns out, not so much...
Courier-Journal’s analysis of data collected by USA TODAY shows the athletic department got more money from the university in that second year – $7.4 million – than any of the nation's 25 largest programs.

.... but, but, but Univ. of Louisville has that sweetheart deal for their hoops arena! They pay practically nothing for using it. That money has to be going somewhere right?

Oh it's going somewhere....
In all of college sports, Louisville had the highest-paid athletic director ($5.4 million, taxable income), men's basketball coach ($5.1 million from the university alone) and baseball coach ($1 million base pay).

So it Louisville materially misrepresented it's financial status to the ACC, should that be enough to invalidate the invite? If I'm an ACC president I'm pretty pissed right now.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
... but, but, but Univ. of Louisville is one of the most profitable Athletic Departments in the country. That's why the ACC chose them....

Actually, as it turns out, not so much...

.... but, but, but Univ. of Louisville has that sweetheart deal for their hoops arena! They pay practically nothing for using it. That money has to be going somewhere right?

Oh it's going somewhere....

So it Louisville materially misrepresented it's financial status to the ACC, should that be enough to invalidate the invite? If I'm an ACC president I'm pretty pissed right now.
Not as pissed as I am as a UConn fan. Although I'm still not giving out hope UConn ends up in the B!G and shortly afterwards the ACC implodes. That would be almost as great if not as great a moment as the 2014 NC with Bazz making that "This is what happens when you ban us" proclamation in front of Emmert.

Reaction Score

NYDN version: Pitino received 98% of the money from Adidas deal with Louisville

>>According to interim president Greg Postel, the school is deciding whether the Adidas deal is a good idea, given the current federal criminal complaint that is alleging that Adidas executives, sports agents and coaches worked together to pay top recruits to play at Adidas schools.<<

Reaction Score

It is truly amazing that these coaches remained in their duties when one of them was obviously Coach #1 in the indictment. Even if the school had no idea who Coach #1 is, they should have put all suspected coaches on administrative leave immediately after the details became public.

Reaction Score
At some point Louisville should just go full "Necessary Roughness" (or "The Replacements"). Toss the whole team and cobble together a team of lovable misfits. The old guy that was awesome but had to skip college because of a personal issue. A grad student that skipped his last year of eligibility to focus on academics. And don't forget the supermodel! Actually, while probably not as attractive as Kathy Ireland, I'm sure they have a binder full of hookers that they can call upon. If Louisville goes that route, I guarantee crazy hijinks will lead to an ACC Championship (and the old guy will make out with a professor)!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Termination for just cause letter to Pitino (easier to read on mobile):

Reaction Score
At some point Louisville should just go full "Necessary Roughness" (or "The Replacements"). Toss the whole team and cobble together a team of lovable misfits. The old guy that was awesome but had to skip college because of a personal issue. A grad student that skipped his last year of eligibility to focus on academics. And don't forget the supermodel! Actually, while probably not as attractive as Kathy Ireland, I'm sure they have a binder full of hookers that they can call upon. If Louisville goes that route, I guarantee crazy hijinks will lead to an ACC Championship (and the old guy will make out with a professor)!
For some reason I'm picturing Rodney Dangerfield as the old guy, shooting free throws from between his legs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom