?The Downfall of Louisville? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

?The Downfall of Louisville?

Reaction Score
Baylor's is worse. I mean the UL at least put money in a kid's pocket. Baylor covered up rapes and murders and are still singing the blues.

Agreed - put Baylor up on the pinnacle of pure and utter moral bankruptcy of its university leaders with Penn State...

But ya gotta give Louisville credit though - when at first they didn't succeed to blow themselves up with hookers, they sure do love to try, try again.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Agreed - put Baylor up on the pinnacle of pure and utter moral bankruptcy of its university leaders with Penn State...

But ya gotta give Louisville credit though - when at first they didn't succeed to blow themselves up with hookers, they sure do love to try, try again.

This stuff makes the SMU case look like nickel and dime juvenile shenanigans by comparison, yet they remain the only school to ever get the death penalty.

Reaction Score
SMU got caught making payouts to football players in a few cases. When in truth many players were being paid. Heck it was practically an NFL team.
After they were caught and punished by the NCAA they made the decision to keep paying the players who hadn’t been identified out of fear that stopping payments would anger the players who would then report them to the NCAA.
It’s a great example of self inflicting a mortal wound
If you cheating and get caught get it all out on the table and repent.
If SMU had done this they might still be in the B12

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
All the FBI or an enterprising reporter needs to do is submit a FOIA requrest to get the Louisville's Vehicle Registration Records for all players on Scholarship. The results will show which players were most likely receiving or had received improper financial support. Obviously some athlete families would have the wealth to give their son/daughter a new car, but most probably would not fall into that category.

C

Chief00

All the FBI or an enterprising reporter needs to do is submit a FOIA requrest to get the Louisville's Vehicle Registration Records for all players on Scholarship. The results will show which players were most likely receiving or had received improper financial support. Obviously some athlete families would have the wealth to give their son/daughter a new car, but most probably would not fall into that category.
Cars probably in relative names is how the game is played.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Funster... how about they are giving those bastards Graham Spanier, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz (and yes, Joe Paterno too) at Penn State a run for their money. I think turning a blind eye to a serial child rapist still takes the cake... but man, Louisville sure has fought their way hard into the conversation. The whole thing is just sickening.

Yesterday I admit I was happy to see Pitino and Jurich get their comeuppance. But upon further review, I am just sick and disgusted by all of this. What a sham this whole system is. Once again, adults who should know better and act better taking advantage of kids and teenagers to enrich themselves, in whatever way gets them off the most. Total and complete scum.

Good point about PSU. That was a disgusting display by trusted officials. What strikes me about Louisville is that the fraud is rampant and involves many different issues: nepotism, finances, bribes, past embezzlement charges, etc. Louisvile hits the whole spectrum of sleeze, if you will.

Edit: yeah Baylor too.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cars probably in relative names is how the game is played.
Still, parking pass -> student name and license plate -> registration -> owner. I think it might be a worthwhile exercise.

Reaction Score

So Louisville acting President and BOT Chair hold a press conference and say how "angry" they are. They then go out and hire the guy who was Director of Basketball Operations for the staff that just got the school in all the trouble they are in. Yeah..smart move there...I saw a tweet that Tom Crean had been the number 1 choice but the kids pushed for Padgett...this could come back to haunt them big time!

Reaction Score
So Louisville acting President and BOT Chair hold a press conference and say how "angry" they are. They then go out and hire the guy who was Director of Basketball Operations for the staff that just got the school in all the trouble they are in. Yeah..smart move there...I saw a tweet that Tom Crean had been the number 1 choice but the kids pushed for Padgett...this could come back to haunt them big time!

What a stupid idea. Listening to the kids who are going to flee the first second they realize they're not going to have to sit out a year after transferring. Hopefully.

I think the kids are actually just screwed. It seems like this is too late in the season already.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's because winning in sports is the only matter of importance at UL. Padgett keeps the roster intact? Hired.

Reaction Score

Yeah... but did Crean even really want the job? Ya have to believe a bunch of “choices” were not realistic. Not knowing who the AD (acting or not) will be has to weigh into these decisions. (Not to mention the future of the program). The place is toxic and I have to believe Padgett is a placeholder w/ practice starting tomorrow.

Reaction Score

SMDH....I still think when all is said and done Jurich will be getting charged with fraud in the Yum Center deal....the bonds sold to build that place are going to default...were from day 1...and he set up UL to buy it from pennies on the dollar taxpayer's holding the empty bag for the rest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom