?The Downfall of Louisville? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

?The Downfall of Louisville?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Got waylaid in posting this yesterday...

Let's not forget the past:
CRAWFORD | Louisville Foundation audit reveals hidden spending on athletic facilities, salaries
>>One more name appears among those receiving foundation pay – Mark Jurich, son of the athletic director, and associate AD for development. His university salary disappears after 2012 and beginning in 2013 he is paid almost exclusively through foundation funds. From 2010 to 2016, he was paid $767,208 by the foundation, out of a total of $934,812 total compensation.<<

OT - On U of L, the new KFC Yum Center deal, and the future of Tom Jurich

University of Louisville scandal could have 'devastating effect' on KFC Yum Center
Um do they have an ethics commission by chance?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If Louisville loses it's accreditation with SACS more than likely the ACC will have no choice but to dump them I would think.
Anyone else have an opinion on this.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
And Jurich daughter is the Adidas rep on the UofL campus?

Yeah, these guys did something sleazy to get in the ACC.
Another element of the sleaze from just two months ago in June....
The audit report on the University of Louisville Foundation released last week revealed that Denny Crum — the Hall of Fame former UofL men’s basketball coach who retired from that position in 2001 — received compensation of nearly $5.7 million from the university and foundation from 2010 to 2016.

Crum’s compensation was one of many eye-catching findings in the audit in which the UofL Athletic Association and the foundation were intertwined, as the report by Chicago-based firm Alvarez & Marsal discovered numerous instances of the foundation liquidating university endowment funds to pay for unbudgeted or unauthorized expenses. This included the liquidation of $3.8 million to buy a golf course, roughly $1 million annually of basketball and football tickets for the president’s office, and paying former football coach Steve Kragthorpe $4 million after he had been fired.

Describing the audit results, WDRB sports columnist Eric Crawford wrote that the audit painted a picture of an athletics department “that leaned heavily on the university’s fund-raising arm for some salary and facilities needs so that it could continue to spend more each year on its own operations, even as the university itself struggled to cope with shrinking state appropriations.”
Why did UofL and its foundation pay Denny Crum $5.7 million in the last seven years? - Insider Louisville

Reaction Score

Rick sure is finding himself in quite a pickle

Pickle-Rick-giveaway.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I've ever seen leadership of a university be as morally bankrupt as Louisville's.
Ironically enough, they may be able to match that fiscally in the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I've ever seen leadership of a university be as morally bankrupt as Louisville's.

Funster... how about they are giving those bastards Graham Spanier, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz (and yes, Joe Paterno too) at Penn State a run for their money. I think turning a blind eye to a serial child rapist still takes the cake... but man, Louisville sure has fought their way hard into the conversation. The whole thing is just sickening.

Yesterday I admit I was happy to see Pitino and Jurich get their comeuppance. But upon further review, I am just sick and disgusted by all of this. What a sham this whole system is. Once again, adults who should know better and act better taking advantage of kids and teenagers to enrich themselves, in whatever way gets them off the most. Total and complete scum.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Funster... how about they are giving those bastards Graham Spanier, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz (and yes, Joe Paterno too) at Penn State a run for their money. I think turning a blind eye to a serial child rapist still takes the cake... but man, Louisville sure has fought their way hard into the conversation. The whole thing is just sickening.

Yesterday I admit I was happy to see Pitino and Jurich get their comeuppance. But upon further review, I am just sick and disgusted by all of this. What a sham this whole system is. Once again, adults who should know better and act better taking advantage of kids and teenagers to enrich themselves, in whatever way gets them off the most. Total and complete scum.

Yes, the big picture exposes a dysfunctional system where the cheaters reaped the benefits. For the system to change a major player had to take a big hit. The fact the it is Pitino pleases many, but the the story of rampant bribes and payments is not pleasing.

Reaction Score
I was never a Pitino fan, but always thought Calipari had 10X the slime and sleeze that Pitino did. The only thing that could make this story better is for both of those idiots to end up and jail while the 2 redneck programs from the state of Kentucky die.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom