The Alex watch | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Alex watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alex needs to go. Why stay? selfishly we want him to stay but if he were my son, I would tell him to go and try the NBA, There is nothing wrong with a two-way contract with the right team. The key for Alex is to be drafted by the "right" team.

I can’t find the article, or maybe it was a podcast, right now on mobile, but during the combine he said he went out to dinner with Sanogo, and he made it sound like Sanogo wasn’t too happy with how his two-way contract went. So I think there is definitely some downside to being on one, especially if you are making similar in NIL.

Reaction Score
Does his lack of an announcement lean toward staying in the draft? I know deadline is tomorrow, but what is benefit of waiting till the last minute? If he stays in the draft no action is required
He said he was waiting until the last minute.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Not sure which is more exciting…waiting on AK’s decision or watching my 7 year-old softballer let a routine grounder through her legs after we practiced about 150 grounders over the weekend (at her request).

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I heard the Celtics like him. They pick 30th.
Where would AK ever play for the Celtics? They basically play Brown or Tatum as a 4 almost all of the time and neither are going anywhere anytime soon. There's no way he'd ever play the 5 for them. I don't see them as a good fit at all with the style they play.

Reaction Score
Where would AK ever play for the Celtics? They basically play Brown or Tatum as a 4 almost all of the time and neither are going anywhere anytime soon. There's no way he'd ever play the 5 for them. I don't see them as a good fit at all with the style they play.

In the scenario they lose to the Mavs and panic trade Brown

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not sure which is more exciting…waiting on AK’s decision or watching my 7 year-old softballer let a routine grounder through her legs after we practiced about 150 grounders over the weekend (at her request).
Nothing beats game experience.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
They also have an Alex type backup forward in Sam Hauser, he had a great season as a rotation piece for the Celtics, very underrated. He might beat out Brisset by simply being better, but they probably like having a more athletic backup forward to compliment Hauser when needed.

I hope he lands somewhere else.

Reaction Score
IMO- If the Celts showed strong interest at 30.. Alex wouldn't be in Portland right now and would tell folks in Storrs he's moved on
It's not hard to move up from 34 to the late 20s and jump the Celtics. No reason to limit his options

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I can’t find the article, or maybe it was a podcast, right now on mobile, but during the combine he said he went out to dinner with Sanogo, and he made it sound like Sanogo wasn’t too happy with how his two-way contract went. So I think there is definitely some downside to being on one, especially if you are making similar in NIL.

It was gwhuskyfan's interview

Reaction Score
It's not hard to move up from 34 to the late 20s and jump the Celtics. No reason to limit his options
You make an excellent point. I haven't seen his name mentioned in the late 20s in Mock Drafts but trade packages and GMs wanting to move up prior to Draft Night can change things. I would be ecstatic if AK can get positioned in the meaningful guaranteed money slots in the Draft in the first round.

Guess we'll know in 24 hrs what the game plan is.

Reaction Score
Does his lack of an announcement lean toward staying in the draft? I know deadline is tomorrow, but what is benefit of waiting till the last minute? If he stays in the draft no action is required
"I do think it's going to come down to the last minute," Karaban said at the NBA Draft Combine on Tuesday. "As much as Coach doesn't want that to happen, I think it is what's best for me for the future. Preferably, if I could know by next week, that would be great. But, based on what my agent's been telling me, he thinks it will come down to the last minute."

Reaction Score
Pure opinion with no inside info but I’m leaning toward he’s coming back. I think without some reason to believe he will end up with the Celtics or another contending team he will stick around because there’s no reason to jump at the chance to be drafted by Portland or Charlotte or Toronto or wherever with little guaranteed money when you have a home to return to, make some NIL, improve, get your degree, and maybe next season have more of a promise or belief that the team taking you is a good destination

Reaction Score
I see him as the new Hauser. I don’t see Karaban growing into a star NBA starter but think he could be a terrific bench guy on a championship team.

Reaction Score
If they can improve the roster why not

Stevens does not seem prone to panic trades and if he were to pull one I don't think the guy who's been their best player this post season and whose $300M deal kicks in next season is the place he'd start. But who knows.

I've resigned myself to the fact that we've seen the last of Karaban in a UConn uniform. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than deflated if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom