The Alex watch | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Alex watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OK, still that's Hurley thinking what Alex might do, not his guidance.
Hurley is the only person on record who’s actually talked to Alex I think at least at the time that was Alex’s plan and Hurley wouldn’t have said that if they hadn’t discussed it.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I have a lot of Tristen watches even some Danny watches, always wanted an Alex watch

george costanza swing and a miss GIF

Reaction Score
"I do think it's going to come down to the last minute," Karaban said at the NBA Draft Combine on Tuesday. "As much as Coach doesn't want that to happen, I think it is what's best for me for the future. Preferably, if I could know by next week, that would be great. But, based on what my agent's been telling me, he thinks it will come down to the last minute."
Thx. Didn’t see that

Reaction Score
Everyone is hoping he comes back, while I have a feeling that I don’t know if I should feel crappy about. Part of me wants him to go so we can see what we truly have in J Stew and McNeeley. I think those 2 are going to be insanely good. I also think Alex not coming back means we get to see Ross and a lot more Solo Ball.

I’d be ecstatic if Alex comes back. But I’ll be just as ecstatic if he doesn’t. Win win for Alex and the fan base

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This is one of the few times where it actually makes sense for the guy we're all rooting for to come back to actually come back. Alex can legitimately be a solid 1st rounder next year if he is the guy next year and shows improved defense and the ability to take charge offensively.

That being said, he just helped being us back to back titles. Think about how insane that is! Alex deserves to do whatever he wants. He will always be a UConn legend no matter what.

Reaction Score
Where would AK ever play for the Celtics? They basically play Brown or Tatum as a 4 almost all of the time and neither are going anywhere anytime soon. There's no way he'd ever play the 5 for them. I don't see them as a good fit at all with the style they play.
Hauser got 14 minutes in a clinching playoff game and has 1 year (team option) left on his deal.

Reaction Score
Easy to say as a fan with nothing to lose. For Alex, there are as many reasons to leave as there are to return. This is a legit 50/50. Actually, I say 51/49 he stays in the draft.
He is literally the epitomal opposite of Andre. A pure shooter and brains of the offense. Not an out if this world athlete where Dre could facilitate and guard anyone and had supreme instincts. If they were to become one player they’d be a superstar. But will iq and a great touch equal elite athleticism and fire?? It could if the right team is willing. But does he wait to see?? Yup. He gone. Hope I’m wrong for us. But hope he slays for him.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
No one gives a crap who you are as a two-way player in Portland. You’re the king of the CBB world and rule campus if you return.

Objectively, based on what Hurley said about consensus first round, him being consensus 40 currently, and him working out for teams with high second round picks I think it’s 60/40 he returns. No jynx.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Whatever concerns we may have about Alex returning, the weight is 10,000x worse on Alex's shoulders.

Chase your dreams young man, we'll always be here for you, whatever you decide

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not sure which is more exciting…waiting on AK’s decision or watching my 7 year-old softballer let a routine grounder through her legs after we practiced about 150 grounders over the weekend (at her request).
I know what you're doing next weekend.

These are great days. Enjoy them.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
When I first saw the title of this thread I immediately thought
AK's NIL was floating a timepiece to honor him.

Reaction Score
He is literally the epitomal opposite of Andre. A pure shooter and brains of the offense. Not an out if this world athlete where Dre could facilitate and guard anyone and had supreme instincts. If they were to become one player they’d be a superstar. But will iq and a great touch equal elite athleticism and fire?? It could if the right team is willing. But does he wait to see?? Yup. He gone. Hope I’m wrong for us. But hope he slays for him.
Wasn’t comparing the two players. Was comparing the situations. Alex surely will find himself in the same area as Andre, if not better. Point is, from that area of second round it might make sense to go with a promise.

Poe

Reaction Score
I always wonder how solid these verbal promises from teams are. Do they say “we’ll take you at pick 36 no matter what” or “we’ll pick you if players x, y and z are already selected”, “we are considering picking you”, “you’re one of 3 players we’re looking at”, etc.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I always wonder how solid these verbal promises from teams are. Do they say “we’ll take you at pick 36 no matter what” or “we’ll pick you if players x, y and z are already selected”, “we are considering picking you”, “you’re one of 3 players we’re looking at”, etc.
Yes. Any of those most likely. They aren't all that solid, just an indication. Let's say Boston told Alex they'd take him at 30. But that comes with a big "if" nobody we didn't expect to be there falls. Or even falls to say 26 so Boston can trade up.

Reaction Score
I’m sure there have been more concrete promises in the lottery at some point but I’m guessing these sort of things are “we are heavily leaning toward taking you with the 36th pick” but nothing can be truly guaranteed

Reaction Score
I’m sure all those scenarios occur. Promises are very solid because teams realize if they back out they are burning their relationship with that agent forever.

Reaction Score
Portland promised to take Cliff Robinson in the first round. I remember watching him squirm in the green room after round one ended. I think he was the last player in the room IIRC. By the time they called his name at #36, he was back in his hotel room. So much for promises.

Reaction Score
Not sure which is more exciting…waiting on AK’s decision or watching my 7 year-old softballer let a routine grounder through her legs after we practiced about 150 grounders over the weekend (at her request).
So from the outside, the amazing thing about your story is not that she messed up the play in the game. The amazing thing is that your 7 year old granddaughter had an attention span that allowed that much practice of one fundamental skill. THAT is proof of a very strong life skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom