The Alex watch | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Alex watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not knocking Alex. His freshman minutes were because we had no real options behind him and he was such a solid, mature freshman. Then he played some minutes at 5 last year and it took time for Stewart to emerge. I don't think you'd want him playing as much as a he did as a freshman.

Deeper draft class next year and I just feel like this is as good a shot as he's likely to get. Happy to be wrong about that. We are certainly better with him.
If he is guaranteed a first round pick this year, I definitely agree it’s his best shot, considering the downside and limited upside from there (I don’t think he could become a lottery pick even if he comes back and wins NPOY, but hey, I’d love to be wrong).

But if teams are only telling him they’d take him in the second, I think those offers will be there after next season as well.

Reaction Score
I think there is about a 60% chance he comes back. Lot of uncertainty with the draft. It doesn't look like he will go in the first round, second round picks don't get paid as much and less of the money is guaranteed.

It will probably come down to NIL money and if his agent has additional information about the draft.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
It’s a sign from the Gods that Alex is getting ready to get ready to make a decision…
IMG_8041.gif

Reaction Score
No Newton he may make him go. Newton really helped Alex's game.
No guarantee he will benefit (or shine) under 2 new guards and then also playing with practically a whole new squad. There is uncertainty beyond a possible injury.

Just saying his stock is peaking right now, and that next season he will be playing with many team changes. I just wonder if he can depend on the new players to help him sustain his peak?

Not an easy decision for sure.

Reaction Score
I know absolutely nothing here but feel like it would take more work to remove yourself from the process than to continue with the process you’re already in.

Do people even make announcements to say they are staying in the draft? Genuine question.
You really doubt he will say goodbye to Husky Nation if he determines he's not coming back?

Reaction Score
Does his lack of an announcement lean toward staying in the draft? I know deadline is tomorrow, but what is benefit of waiting till the last minute? If he stays in the draft no action is required
Because he is still conflicted

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You really doubt he will say goodbye to Husky Nation if he determines he's not coming back?
Oh I thought he might’ve somewhat done that initially when he declared for the combine.

I wonder when Newton said he was coming back last year in comparison to the deadline.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Does his lack of an announcement lean toward staying in the draft? I know deadline is tomorrow, but what is benefit of waiting till the last minute? If he stays in the draft no action is required
Exactly

Reaction Score
Tomorrow is the day to withdraw from the NBA draft if they wish to maintain eligibility. Most mock drafts have Alex in the 2nd round where most likely he would end up with a 2-way deal. The guaranteed money for those picked at the end of the first is about $2 mil/yr. Why would any borderline draftee decide to take the chance remaining in the draft when they very will likely make close to the guaranteed money with NIL?
What do you all think Alex will choose to do?
Alex needs to go. Why stay? selfishly we want him to stay but if he were my son, I would tell him to go and try the NBA, There is nothing wrong with a two-way contract with the right team. The key for Alex is to be drafted by the "right" team.

Reaction Score
Alex needs to go. Why stay? selfishly we want him to stay but if he were my son, I would tell him to go and try the NBA, There is nothing wrong with a two-way contract with the right team. The key for Alex is to be drafted by the "right" team.

Reaction Score
Only Alex and his close circle including Hurley know what teams are telling him or promising him. But I trust Hurley, as I’m sure Alex does. Unless a team has told Alex we aren’t letting you slip by pick 30, or would be willing to provide first round type guarantees in the early second round, I’d imagine he’d return.
I heard the Celtics like him. They pick 30th.

Reaction Score
Here's four more first-round mocks from CBS analysts, none of which have AK in the first round:

CBS Sports Mocks

So it's almost certain that AK's decision will come down to whether he gets some kind of promise of guaranteed money from those picking in the early second round. This makes sense that he's working out with Portland today, given their two early second-round picks.

I'm imagining that unless he gets some promise of being drafted with more than just a two-way, he's likely to return. He'd certainly do no worse than a non-guaranteed contract next year, and could potentially do better.

But we'll have to wait and see what Portland might tell his agent. It'll probably come down to the wire tomorrow. And that's fine, this is a huge decision for AK.
So the analysis is he's exactly where we all thought he'd be since the day he declared.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Here's four more first-round mocks from CBS analysts, none of which have AK in the first round:

CBS Sports Mocks

So it's almost certain that AK's decision will come down to whether he gets some kind of promise of guaranteed money from those picking in the early second round. This makes sense that he's working out with Portland today, given their two early second-round picks.

I'm imagining that unless he gets some promise of being drafted with more than just a two-way, he's likely to return. He'd certainly do no worse than a non-guaranteed contract next year, and could potentially do better.

But we'll have to wait and see what Portland might tell his agent. It'll probably come down to the wire tomorrow. And that's fine, this is a huge decision for AK.
I'd like him with PDX, I live about two miles from their practice facility.

They need forwards.

Reaction Score
I heard the Celtics like him. They pick 30th.
I’d think the opportunity to play for that team that close to home would be amazing for him. The mock drafts are really best guesses. Very few people know what the individual teams are telling various players.

Reaction Score
All these promises are great until the guy expected to go top 15 is there at 30 after it comes out his great grandmother dips her Spam in mayonnaise
They should play overseas for that and go undrafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom