Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 61 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Your reading comprehension is questionable. I said they are here and sometimes post. Not that they come here to leak stories.
Dude. I WAS CLEARLY talking about the posters who pretend to have inside info. I'm 100% sure KO and his staff have looked on this board. I am 100% sure donors have looked on this board. I'm 100% Ward has combed thru these stupid conversations. that's not breaking news. They all have access to the internet and Google. I'm railing against the fools who make things up. IE DHAM/Transferring.

"douchenozzle"... i wish i can stuff u in a locker for using that term

Reaction Score
Dude, you've been here for less than a year and you're lecturing us about who is and isn't on the board.
I've lurked a long time. I guess i hit rock bottom when i finally signed up.

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!! MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A FOOL!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The g e s t a p o will probably delete this like usual. They'll let the proven liars/fakers/trolls continue their sad game and someone whose sick of the BS will be censored.

No one invited you here, no one cares that you're here and no one's begging you to stay.

Plenty of other UConn boards out there - why don't you go find one more to your liking?

Reaction Score
OK, send me a link?
No one invited you here, no one cares that you're here and no one's begging you to stay.

Plenty of other UConn boards out there - why don't you go find one more to your liking?

I really like this board. It's clearly the best. Just don't like the people who pretend to be insiders. You shouldn't either. Why do you protect them?

Reaction Score
The closest thing we have to an insider on here is @3uconn. Dude does a tremendous job. Hustles his butt off on twitter and writes great articles. I belive he has a future with one of these recruiting websites. I hope no one thinks I'm talking about him.

Reaction Score
I've lurked a long time. I guess i hit rock bottom when i finally signed up.

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!! MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A FOOL!

If you've lurked for awhile then you should know there are a myriad of examples of Fishy and others bringing information to the board before it was reported elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Maybe Texas but has a big list of high profile schools. We had our chance just didn't happen.

Reaction Score
This sucks... Really wanted this dude; seems like we get a 2nd chance of sorts but one or both sides has moved on.

C

Chief00

I know the people who pretend to be insiders too. One was exposed and it was hilarious. Yet, he/she/it still pretends to be in the know. Make's it even more hilarious.

I want YOU to prove to me that someone is the history of this board had inside info. You GUARANTEED it!

You know I can also say NEXT to every single recruit and be right 99% of the time. I can also read the scuttlebutt/rumors on twitter and claim a little birdy told me it.

If you think there is a reliable inside source on here PLEASE show me. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong. I'd much rather rely on them than Goodman!

The g e s t a p o will probably delete this like usual. They'll let the proven liars/fakers/trolls continue their sad game and someone whose sick of the BS will be censored.

PS
the word g e s t a p o being censored is straight loony toons

You re- define clueless downwards.

Reaction Score
I think it's time to put this post to bed.. the tevin mack ship has sailed. unfortunately for him, he will find no greener pastures than the rolling hills of storrs, Connecticut (literally).

we will all be eagerly waiting great news this weekend with the commitments of Miller and Gilbert - with a trip to the dairy bar in order, I'd say it's a done deal!

Reaction Score
I am sure 8893 will call me an , but heard yesterday that the staff is not very involved with mack. They have their energy and chips in other kids.. 3 and or zionn can back up..

Last edited:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I know the people who pretend to be insiders too. One was exposed and it was hilarious. Yet, he/she/it still pretends to be in the know. Make's it even more hilarious.

I want YOU to prove to me that someone is the history of this board had inside info. You GUARANTEED it!

You know I can also say NEXT to every single recruit and be right 99% of the time. I can also read the scuttlebutt/rumors on twitter and claim a little birdy told me it.

If you think there is a reliable inside source on here PLEASE show me. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong. I'd much rather rely on them than Goodman!

PS
the word g e s t a p o being censored is straight loony toons

Well, this little tirade is a nice bit of paranoia. I do agree there is some loony toon issues here, just think your gross overreactions are the source of it.

Reaction Score
I am sure 8893 will call me an , but heard yesterday that the staff is not very involved with mack. They have their energy and chips in other kids.. 3 and or zionn can back up..
Who r they in on?

It seems like they add Miller or Harris.
Bank two scholarships with Glaring need of outside shooter and ball handler.
DHam replacement also a need but can wait since they seem inclined.

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand this, but oh well. Onto the next one.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not at all. I don't think you're an balloon knot I just think your tone is often off. You don't seem to care much about tone, and I probably care too much about it.

I appreciate your info, and this makes sense by all appearances. I have no idea what the reasons are, but KO seems to place a premium on loyalty--perhaps to a fault at times, not unlike his predecessor--and I could see even that alone being enough to queer the deal this time around.

Reaction Score
Who r they in on?

It seems like they add Miller or Harris.
Bank two scholarships with Glaring need of outside shooter and ball handler.
DHam replacement also a need but can wait since they seem inclined.
You keep saying this, where are you getting the "bank 2 scholarships" stuff from?

Reaction Score
Most recruiting info that trickle down to us is from a third party who may not want their name out there. This is why I always say recruiting is in flux. If a reporter tells me some thing, he does not want to be named..

Reaction Score
I have no idea what the reasons are, but KO seems to place a premium on loyalty--perhaps to a fault at times, not unlike his predecessor--and I could see even that alone being enough to queer the deal this time around.

But then how does that explain Purvis, who was in almost the same position (except he was at NC State for a year, instead of Mack who never got to VCU)?

On your parenthetical point: we'll see about KO's loyalty when it comes to making the necessary staff changes to turn around our recruiting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
But then how does that explain Purvis, who was in almost the same position (except he was at NC State for a year, instead of Mack who never got to VCU)?
Again, in the absence of first-hand information all we can do is read the tea leaves. Beyond the obvious, I have no idea what the differences are, but I'm guessing each situation is unique. Perhaps an intermediary for Purvis reached out to an intermediary for us and indicated that Purvis felt he made a mistake in his choice and wanted back in if we would have him; whereas perhaps the same general dynamic sent signals on Mack indicating that he wanted to wait and see who else was interested in him before talking commitment with us again.

I also think there is a point at which we look foolishly desperate if we keep an open offer policy after being snubbed pretty publicly once, and perhaps being rebuffed or at least received tepidly when the door opened again. I get that kids are kids and they have to do what they think is best for themselves, but I think fit is important and if KO has determined that Mack is no longer a great fit for whatever reason, I'm glad we're spending our energy elsewhere. The one thing we do know about our '15-'16 recruiting at this point is that we wasted a lot of time and energy on kids with whom we appeared to be a lot closer than we were.

Reaction Score
I don't believe that Ollie isn't pursuing Mack because he's miffed about Mack choosing VCU the first time around. If he isn't pursuing Mack, it has to be because he doesn't think he's realistic. Refusing to recruit a good player we could use because of something that petty would be indefensible.

Reaction Score
I don't believe that Ollie isn't pursuing Mack because he's miffed about Mack choosing VCU the first time around. If he isn't pursuing Mack, it has to be because he doesn't think he's realistic. Refusing to recruit a good player we could use because of something that petty would be indefensible.
I agree, KO wouldn't be where he is if he was that petty. If he isn't recruiting Mack is because he thinks he is a "tease" who isn't really interested in UCONN. Why waste resources on someone who isn't coming here when you can use those resources on better prospects?

Reaction Score

I agree and look at Tyler Dorsey. He snubbed us once then he cut us from his second list and Ollie was still trying to get him. We don't know why the staff hasn't reached out and maybe they still might but I assume he will follow Shaka to Texas.

Reaction Score
I agree and look at Tyler Dorsey. He snubbed us once then he cut us from his second list and Ollie was still trying to get him. We don't know why the staff hasn't reached out and maybe they still might but I assume he will follow Shaka to Texas.

Yeah, he's actually a great fit on that roster, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom