Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 62 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I agree, KO wouldn't be where he is if he was that petty. If he isn't recruiting Mack is because he thinks he is a "tease" who isn't really interested in UCONN. Why waste resources on someone who isn't coming here when you can use those resources on better prospects?

I'm not saying I think he's miffed. I'm just saying he's apparently made a judgment that Mack isn't worth pursuing anymore, and I trust that judgment. If anything, I want to see more of it.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying I think he's miffed. I'm just saying he's apparently made a judgment that Mack isn't worth pursuing anymore, and I trust that judgment. If anything, I want to see more of it.

You're saying that Mack's lack of "loyalty" is why Ollie isn't pursuing him. I'm not sure who you're suggesting Mack should have been loyal to, but that doesn't make much sense regardless.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Dude. I WAS CLEARLY talking about the posters who pretend to have inside info. I'm 100% sure KO and his staff have looked on this board. I am 100% sure donors have looked on this board. I'm 100% Ward has combed thru these stupid conversations. that's not breaking news. They all have access to the internet and Google. I'm railing against the fools who make things up. IE DHAM/Transferring.

"douchenozzle"... i wish i can stuff u in a locker for using that term
And im saying people here talk to those people and will occasionally post what they tell them when appropriate.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You're saying that Mack's lack of "loyalty" is why Ollie isn't pursuing him. I'm not sure who you're suggesting Mack should have been loyal to, but that doesn't make much sense regardless.
Let's be clear here: I'm not saying anything is why. I've been very clear that I am guessing like most anyone else here and reading the tea leaves in the absence of first hand information. We know KO can't comment. But there was mention of this retweet from KO, which could refer to any number of things, or nothing at all. Personally, I don't think the initial choice of VCU over us would be enough to keep us away, but I could see getting a bad sense if we were told then that we were number two, and now we're being told to get back in line with a half-dozen or so new suitors. What you are taking as being miffed, I am taking as "Spidey sense," for lack of a better term, that our efforts are likely to be wasted again.

Reaction Score
Let's be clear here: I'm not saying anything is why. I've been very clear that I am guessing like most anyone else here and reading the tea leaves in the absence of first hand information. We know KO can't comment. But there was mention of this retweet from KO, which could refer to any number of things, or nothing at all. Personally, I don't think the initial choice of VCU over us would be enough to keep us away, but I could see getting a bad sense if we were told then that we were number two, and now we're being told to get back in line with a half-dozen or so new suitors. What you are taking as being miffed, I am taking as "Spidey sense," for lack of a better term, that our efforts are likely to be wasted again.

OK, I can agree with that. If Ollie thinks Mack is jerking him around, then yes, he's right to not pursue it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
All these guys who are transfering, leaving one school for whatever reason, how can anyone possibly understand what they are thinking without knowing them intimately.
I appreciate "reading the tea leaves", "I heard it from a dude at the car wash", a recruiters second cousin removed intimated", however, it seems to me a lot of posters spinning wheels over something that is probably a mute point.
I'd like to hear something solid from the guys that are less volitile - the 5th year transfers and the unsigned high school/JC guys.
Speaking of JC guys - wondering out loud why there is no talk about any of that talent pool? Look what Huggy did at WVA with a few of them.
I'm not worrying about Mack or any of those guys who turned UConn down at signing time. If UConn wasn't good enough then (nothing at Storrs has changed except Lubin) then time to move on.

Reaction Score
Tenspro2002 said:
But then how does that explain Purvis, who was in almost the same position (except he was at NC State for a year, instead of Mack who never got to VCU)? On your parenthetical point: we'll see about KO's loyalty when it comes to making the necessary staff changes to turn around our recruiting.

1) Our staff, as currently constructed, won a title. Even if you are disappointed in a recruiting class with only two top 50 kids (three if you count the commit/decommit from Ali, which hurt our efforts with other players), the staff deserves at least another recruiting cycle or two before we bring HR into the equation. It's a legitimate opinion to be disappointed in this recruiting class, since we need more than two guys, but it is a national championship staff and they warrant some respect - at least until problems manifest themselves over an extended period of time.

2) We've been finalists for a lot of quality kids in the last two years - at least 10 top 50 players - which means in my view it is on the head guy. KO just hasn't reeled them in when we've been on the doorstep. Which is fine - he'll get better at it.

Reaction Score
"@THEWOLVES_SC UNC USC GA BAMA Marquette TX CLEM KS GA St UCLA....Inquired today @sl0wbucks "

Thats his aau team i think, got it from 247 article. Lots of tough recruiters to beat here, you got the little general at bama trying to make a splash and also marquette,unc, ucla. Think this one is out of reach

Reaction Score
"@THEWOLVES_SC UNC USC GA BAMA Marquette TX CLEM KS GA St UCLA....Inquired today @sl0wbucks "

Thats his aau team i think, got it from 247 article. Lots of tough recruiters to beat here, you got the little general at bama trying to make a splash and also marquette,unc, ucla. Think this one is out of reach

I do not think we r reaching

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I do not think we r reaching
We are not reaching, or not reaching out?

In other words, do you think has he essentially taken us out of the picture, or did we make a decision not to reach out again after getting mixed signals?

Reaction Score
You keep saying this, where are you getting the "bank 2 scholarships" stuff from?

No buzz anywhere on anything but Miller and Harris.

My guy isn't hearing anything, I've asked some others. One of their top targets becomes available, they say no thanks it looks like. Hopefully they aren't banking anything, would be a big mistake!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If we go into next season with 9 scholarships, I'll upgrade my offer and buy 10 Boneyarders rounds of RR's and wings at my local watering hole.

Reaction Score
Omar Calhoun
Philip Nolan
Rodney Purvis
Terrence Samuel
Sam Cassell Jr.
Kentan Facey
Amida Brimah
Daniel Hamilton
Jalen Adams
Steven Enoch

Looks like 10 to me.

Reaction Score
Good call on listing the 10. Is it 13 scholarships right? So 3 available?

Reaction Score
I think we have to add at least two more players to that list. Miller seems likely to be one of them, and the other needs to be able to play some PG and hit from long range.

Reaction Score
No buzz anywhere on anything but Miller and Harris.

My guy isn't hearing anything, I've asked some others. One of their top targets becomes available, they say no thanks it looks like. Hopefully they aren't banking anything, would be a big mistake!

Well they were reportedly after Lewis, even though I never saw anything happening with that because his HS coach was tweeting only about Midwest schools. In Amore's article on Miller, he mentioned that they would also like to add a guard as well, I know this is common sense to us, but when Amore puts that type of stuff in print its usually word that comes from the staff, as he was also dead on in regards to what the staff was targeting for the 2014 class. I don't really have an issue with them not pursuing Mack if they feel it would be a waste of time, the first school his Mom mentioned that they would be in contact with after his release would be Texas because of Shaka. If he's just gonna follow him there the staff shouldn't even bother imo. I would still find it hard to believe if the staff didn't pursue another guard option, KO had a front row seat for the debacle that was TSam, Cassell, and Calhoun, I think Cassell will be better but I still can't see him placing his faith solely in that group as supporting players.

Reaction Score
I would still find it hard to believe if the staff didn't pursue another guard option, KO had a front row seat for the debacle that was TSam, Cassell, and Calhoun, I think Cassell will be better but I still can't see him placing his faith solely in that group as supporting players.
While they all should improve a bit, very Well said! I need to reread that story.

Reaction Score
From last night:
A25098FA-D28C-495D-A39A-83FF722A36E6_zpsidzydwf8.png

So, according to Biancardi we are back in.

Reaction Score
According to Biancardi we are "trying," but who knows how hard. I don't think we're going to be a factor for Mack.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Who knows? Sometimes the walk away is the most effective move in the negotiation. If we were number two to VCU and we've made it known that the offer is still open, what more does he need to know about us in order to decide?

I imagine he needs to learn a bit about UT in order to weigh that option though. As for the new suitors, if he wants to look there it would seem that we were never a strong contender in the first place.

I think signing Miller is about as good of a recruiting move as we could have made to improve our chances with Mack though. We're moving forward with or without Mack. The more formidable we look, the more likely that he can see himself as a piece of the puzzle for a serious contender. Adding a Gilbert commit for 2016 would help even more imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom