Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 63 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well they were reportedly after Lewis, even though I never saw anything happening with that because his HS coach was tweeting only about Midwest schools. In Amore's article on Miller, he mentioned that they would also like to add a guard as well, I know this is common sense to us, but when Amore puts that type of stuff in print its usually word that comes from the staff, as he was also dead on in regards to what the staff was targeting for the 2014 class. I don't really have an issue with them not pursuing Mack if they feel it would be a waste of time, the first school his Mom mentioned that they would be in contact with after his release would be Texas because of Shaka. If he's just gonna follow him there the staff shouldn't even bother imo. I would still find it hard to believe if the staff didn't pursue another guard option, KO had a front row seat for the debacle that was TSam, Cassell, and Calhoun, I think Cassell will be better but I still can't see him placing his faith solely in that group as supporting players.

Who's Lewis?

Thanks

C

Chief00

Omar Calhoun
Philip Nolan
Rodney Purvis
Terrence Samuel
Sam Cassell Jr.
Kentan Facey
Amida Brimah
Daniel Hamilton
Jalen Adams
Steven Enoch

Looks like 10 to me.

I think it's actually 9. We will see.

Reaction Score
I don't want to assume anything, but with this post it makes me think one of the forwards is leaving b/c of Miller's arrival, if that is what Chief bluntly referring to....

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I don't want to assume anything, but with this post it makes me think one of the forwards is leaving b/c of Miller's arrival, if that is what Chief bluntly referring to....
The only one that makes sense is Kentan. But I doubt it. There's still minutes for him!

Reaction Score

Holding you to that.

It would have to be 2 since we have Miller now. We went up to 11, so it would be 2 to go down to 9.

Reaction Score
Holding you to that.

It would have to be 2 since we have Miller now.
Well i think he was referring to just that list, at least hopefully, so i think he wasn't including Miller.

Reaction Score
The significance of the number in the comment is how many scholarships are locked up for next season, so not including Miller wouldn't make much sense.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@RecruitHawk: Kansas visited former VCU commit SF Tevin Mack today. Top 60 player in 2015. #kubball

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Forget it.

We lost him the first time around.

No second-bites at the apple.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Mmm....how's that apply to Tevin Mack?
It's obviously a scenario where n=1 but; we lost Purvis the first time around to NC State...that apple was pretty good this year and according to the thread on him, he's gonna be better next year.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Because we recruited him, he chose NCSt, then transferred here in the end.

(Yes, these are two totally different scenarios, but that was his point.)

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It's called precedent. We've had sloppy seconds before but now we're above it? There's no place for pride in big time athletics.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@coreyevans_10: Unable to take any visits, 2015 Dreher wing Tevin Mack is hearing the most from Texas, UCLA, Georgia, Clemson, and Kansas. Decision looming

Reaction Score
@coreyevans_10: Unable to take any visits, 2015 Dreher wing Tevin Mack is hearing the most from Texas, UCLA, Georgia, Clemson, and Kansas. Decision looming

If he's not making visits and a decision is looming then it's either Texas or Georgia I presume with a maybe on Clemson. He and Prince Ali play the same position anyway so why there?

caw

Reaction Score
If he's not making visits and a decision is looming then it's either Texas or Georgia I presume with a maybe on Clemson. He and Prince Ali play the same position anyway so why there?

Ali plays the 2 more than the 3, where Mack best projects. They could have a formidable backcourt next year.

Reaction Score
I'm just curious whether the ship sailed on his part or our part or both... Seems like we really wanted him (and vice-versa) at one point. Strange to me how, given that we still have a need, there is no interest from either party.

Reaction Score
I'm just curious whether the ship sailed on his part or our part or both... Seems like we really wanted him (and vice-versa) at one point. Strange to me how, given that we still have a need, there is no interest from either party.
Maybe coach didn't like how it went down. And wants know part of that drama again.

Reaction Score
Ali plays the 2 more than the 3, where Mack best projects. They could have a formidable backcourt next year.

It also seems like UCLA has 1 more scholarship for the 2015 class with 247 giving UCLA the slight edge to land Jaylen Brown. If they are pursuing Mack maybe the chatter that Brown may end up at Cal or Michigan has some legs. Maybe UCLA expects a transfer? I am using Verbal Commits as my source. Even with the great news that KO turned down the GIGANTIC offer from OKC I wouldn't expect Mack to come to UConn. His mother kinda spilled the beans that Texas is the strong front runner. Not sure what Texas has available right now for ships.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
It also seems like UCLA has 1 more scholarship for the 2015 class with 247 giving UCLA the slight edge to land Jaylen Brown. If they are pursuing Mack maybe the chatter that Brown may end up at Cal or Michigan has some legs. Maybe UCLA expects a transfer? I am using Verbal Commits as my source. Even with the great news that KO turned down the GIGANTIC offer from OKC I wouldn't expect Mack to come to UConn. His mother kinda spilled the beans that Texas is the strong front runner. Not sure what Texas has available right now for ships.
Ollie was never offered by OKC.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
If he's not making visits and a decision is looming then it's either Texas or Georgia

He can't make any visits can he? At least not officials as he used them up during his initial recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom