Temple Post Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Temple Post Game Thread

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
UConn did not deserve to win. The guy who recovered the fumble and ran for a game-ending touchdown should be criticized by Mora. Jump on the fumble, game over. Risking the fumble-return could result in a further fumble to be returned for a Temple win.

That was a selfish look-at-me move. Team first, please.

I'm sorry, they scored more points and they made a great stop. They absolutely positively deserved this win

They didn't play their best, but they played just as good or better than Temple.

willie99

Reaction Score
Thanks to us winning, I can gripe about the refs without sounding like spur grapes.

What a horrible horrible crew. First drive the call us short when Cam got the first down by two yards. Then they call back the long Fagnano run with a bs holding call. And the biggest of them all was the fumble call when there was clear evidence Fagnano's knee was down.

I don't get that horrible first drive call. Just horrible. No automatic review? And why no challenge by Jim? I couldn't believe the spot

willie99

Reaction Score
The 'Miami Miracle' kickoff return TD to beat Duke in 2017

Flutie and BC beating the Hurricanes on the last minute hail mary throw

Auburn beating Alabama on a 105 yard kickoff return-known as the 'Kick Six' game-with zeroes on the clock

Sam Cunnigham and an integrated USC team going on the road and absolutely laying waste to Alabama-the last Bear Bryant team that openly avoided rostering African American players

Michigan State v. Notre Dame in '66
I could go on......

I love the team, I love the win, I love your attitude..... butt no

willie99

Reaction Score
Nope. Fake news. Fagnano just needs to keep the ball lower, he is not throwing to Clingan. The coaches need to "emphatically" instruct him to "BRING THE BALL DOWN. Also stop throwing everything to the sidelines. The deeper thros are a challenge to NFL QBs.

He can pass better than Brissett

willie99

Reaction Score
They were celebrating after a nail biting win, no disrespect, no peacocking, just pure elation

Reaction Score
I don't get that horrible first drive call. Just horrible. No automatic review? And why no challenge by Jim? I couldn't believe the spot

And why not go to Stafford on 4th and very short? It was very successful last year. I can only assume that Sammis is not a fan of that play.

Reaction Score
One thing that UConn has that they haven't had in a very long time is depth. Think about all of the key players out. Evers, Rosa, Yates, Bell and Edwards in the 2nd half, ... Lost 2 DBs (Akles and Engram) who were supposed to be major contributors before the season started. But, others stepped up and UConn won.

Reaction Score
I posted in the wrong thread, I was referring to a different Huskies. My bad.
Happens to me occasionally when I reference UConn sports programs on the Seahawks SB Nation board too. Everyone assumes UW. I've learned to be specific.

P.S. Let's go Sun!

Reaction Score
But they shut down all three of our running backs. You think NE would have run all over them? Strange take.
I don’t think his take is so strange. If his receivers are covered he still has two backs, and a tight end to block for his speedy legs running up either slot. He could even fake a handoff and roll out from there. I do agree though that running up the middle against Temple, and he’s asking for another concussion. What’s sad is if Fagnano had Evers legs we’d have a really, really good quarterback.

Reaction Score
I don’t think his take is so strange. If his receivers are covered he still has two backs, and a tight end to block for his speedy legs running up either slot. He could even fake a handoff and roll out from there. I do agree though that running up the middle against Temple, and he’s asking for another concussion. What’s sad is if Fagnano had Evers legs we’d have a really, really good quarterback.
Unfortunately, if Fagnano could run like Evers, he wouldn't be at UConn. At least not yet...

Reaction Score
Guys we're 4-2 at the halfway mark - surely a more comprehensive "half-way" post by one of the Boneyard professors is coming, but this is awesome.

im very unsure of how many more victories we can muster based on our performance today (except maybe umass). But to only "need" 2 more games to go bowling, is a testament to JM.

I also was thinking, that the goal line fumble by Temple was our payback moment for last year's blocked punt against Utah State. We've lost lucky, today we won with a little luck... finally.

This was a different type of game that UConn hadn't won before.
good to see.
Was also thinking payback for that game against Navy that seemed to end their season.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
And why not go to Stafford on 4th and very short? It was very successful last year. I can only assume that Sammis is not a fan of that play.
What bugs me about it is, we had the first down on the third down play. I’m not sure what the refs were looking at or why it wasn’t reviewed. It was early, but definitely a momentum shifter. We were pushing them around.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, they scored more points and they made a great stop. They absolutely positively deserved this win

They didn't play their best, but they played just as good or better than Temple.
They pulled one out the fire. After so many years of brutal losses, think Navy, Army goal line debacles, i cannot believe anyone would be upset by the manner in which we won. The last 2 weeks really have people thinking the last decade and a half didn't happen or something.

Reaction Score
Good morning, I had the strangest dream last night about a football game were a goal line stance turned into a TD for the defense. Weird.

I call it -- THE ROBBERY AT THE RENT -- UConn stole one yesterday.

Reaction Score
Why are people so excited about beating Temple by 9 points? I think Mora just lost his job tonight #bringbackdiaco
Maybe because we were due for an upset loss at home and it didn’t happen?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom