Temple Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Temple Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Yes, it is. Let's not talk about the turnovers, constantly throwing into double coverage because he locked on to one receiver the second that the ball touched his hands, or his inability to step up in the pocket, etc, etc.

It was a big time play that he made. I was excited about it, and I'm grateful he made it. But if he didn't make over a dozen bad plays before it, we would have been up by 20, and he knows it...
A dozen bad plays??? Name them, 1-12 or more. Better yet I’ll help you out, he threw a couple high passes, and two interceptions, one of which was just dumb luck for the defender that caught it. Temples defense played well today, they manhandled our offensive line.

Reaction Score
Fagnano's throws just felt off. The long missed pass to a wide open Bell was a tough one. His short passes didn't seem that accurate or with the right touch. It just seems his timing is off with his receivers. Hopefully, he can get more reps in practice with the starting unit.
Your observations were mine as well. In his defense there were at least half a dozen dropped passes uggh

Reaction Score
Nope. Fake news. Fagnano just needs to keep the ball lower, he is not throwing to Clingan. The coaches need to "emphatically" instruct him to "BRING THE BALL DOWN. Also stop throwing everything to the sidelines. The deeper thros are a challenge to NFL QBs.
He threw two INTs and fumbled the ball. 3 turnovers putting the D in really bad spots and they held pretty well. I am sure telling him "emphatically" what to do is what was missing after 5 years playing the position.

Reaction Score
Not blowing hot and cold. Temple decided to defend the run and dared Fagnano to beat them by the pass and he couldn't do it. With Evers as a dual threat QB, it opens up the run game even though Evers hasn't proven that he can beat them with the pass yet.
Except for all the 2nd and 10 off tackle runs that were called and got stuffed. Playcalling, blocking and running game were really rough today. Put him in bad situations all afternoon. Then the drops. It was a team effort to barely win this game.

Reaction Score
Lost in all of the endorphins flying around is that Temple sux, UConn played like crap, lost the game, and somehow the most unlikely thing happened to hand the game to them. Why Temple did not kick a fg I assume was because the had only inches to go. Well, take the extra week and heal.
Yeah, with half of their offense on the bench. Bell, Edwards, Rosa, Evers……..

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I knew posters were going to somehow complain about a win. UCONN consistently lost games like this for the last ten years. Stack wins - create a winning culture and maybe the program climbs out of the abyss. I don’t care how the qb looked or how the O Line looked. They won. Stack the wins.

Yep. Over the past decade, if UConn played like they did today, it was a 30 point loss. Today they lingered put how to win.

Reaction Score
Wake Forest had a big W today against NC State.
Going to be a tall order for the boys, but if t
Lost in all of the endorphins flying around is that Temple sux, UConn played like crap, lost the game, and somehow the most unlikely thing happened to hand the game to them. Why Temple did not kick a fg I assume was because the had only inches to go. Well, take the extra week and heal.
the O played like crap and as Mora deftly hinted in his post game Sammis wasn’t able to adjust to what Temple was doing.. which he said is unacceptable.

Reaction Score
Why are people so excited about beating Temple by 9 points? I think Mora just lost his job tonight #bringbackdiaco

Reaction Score
As to Fagnano. He had two INTs and a fumble. He played poorly.

But that pass to Buckman was the play of the game and we don't win without it.

So he participated and was part of the victory. But Mora says Evers is the guy and it's tough to argue with that opinion.
He was picked once. The first int was right through a receiver’s hands.

He was down before they decided he fumbled. Bad, bad call.

Reaction Score
Keep on cucking for UConn!!
They were floundering until I discovered my Son in law has CBSN
now I’m 3-0 watching games .
I’m in Ct for my grandsons wedding , he is my game ride so I’m grounded to television status
I‘m fresh off helping our BB team win a NC overcoming those Purdue numbers with my booming voice and hopefully bringing my desert mojo to football

Reaction Score
UConn did not deserve to win. The guy who recovered the fumble and ran for a game-ending touchdown should be criticized by Mora. Jump on the fumble, game over. Risking the fumble-return could result in a further fumble to be returned for a Temple win.

That was a selfish look-at-me move. Team first, please.
How long have you been hosting SportsCenter?

Reaction Score
Anyone know the crowd size? "Old Guy" thinks my heart stopped several times. WF will be a huge test of just how good the Huskies are.....I am happy beyond the rainbow for the W, but I thought they would perform better than appears. Anyway, looking forward to all the posts....Go Huskies! Thanks for all the good opinions on the Boneyard.

Announced crowd of 28,921. Didn't look much like that even at peak, but it was a much better crowd than the previous 2 home games. At least as good as the Merrimack opener. Temple brought a decent number of fans too - short ride from Philly.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
1. I correctly predicted in the 1st qtr of the game chat, this game was gonna cause me to drink more than I intended. That happened in spades. What was supposed to be an easy game of Landsharks ended up with me doing vodka shots by halftime and throughout the second half.
2. MVP? How about Brett Buckman. Great blocking on WR screens and runs and timely catches. He's earned more reps.
3. UConn played like the Greyhound thst caught the bunny at the track.
4. Sammis' worst game play calling.
5. All props to Temple. No idea how they are 1-5.
6. Fagnano. He keeps both teams in the game the full 60 minutes.
7. Faumuina-Brown. Helluva game.
8. I expected the goal line fumble one play earlier.
9. 60-yard made FG that had leg for 70 yards. Missed FG from 32. WTF?
10. A close game like this might actually get more fans interested.
11. Breathe in. Breathe out. Game was never in question. Easy Sqeezy Lemon Peasy. UConn led after 1st qtr, at the half, after 3rd and at end of the game.
12. Refs sucked.
Temple might be the best 1-5 team in the country, their opponents are 22-4 they’ve had a tough tough sched so far this yr. They only have 2 games remaining against teams with winning records. If they don’t quit on the season (would be easy to do) I’d expect them to win more than they lose the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
Just stop. Every time we win or lose, somebody has the comment, we wouldn’t have lost with the other QB, or we would have won by a bigger margin. Getting old.
Just win. That’s all that matters
Football players get hurt all the time, it’s part of the game, that’s why we have reserves, next man up gets his turn to show what he can do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom