Temple Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Temple Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
You know, Jordan Wright kind of gets spun around and sees the football. If he hadn't been in that position, he may not see the ball and the Temple running back could scoop it up for a touchdown. Great defensive stand and a little luck picking up the ball.
I thought maybe he stripped it.

Reaction Score
Remained standing for last 30min of telecast

Was worried about Temple, kept reminding folks drooling over 10-2 we need to be 1-0

Joey Cojones!!

Joey kinda makes it harder than it should be

Can he relax a bit and be confident cause he’s it, no confidence Evers gets back, stays healthy and gets it going

Unbelievable ending

Reaction Score
Maybe not the cleanest game but the defense showed up big when they needed them the most!

IMG_3211.jpeg

Reaction Score
You show me a play where Fagano ran down the sideline line for 10 or 15 yards, with all of his receivers covered. I have seen Evers do that, and quickly.
I think you're confused. My point had nothing to do with JF. He did do that, just as you described, tonight. The play was called back due to a bs holding call. Also, he has rushed for at least one TD this year. While I'm showing you things, may I point you to JF's 11:3 TD to INT ratio?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He wasn’t perfect but he was awesome when he dodged some tackles, threw a strike to Buckman down the sideline. That play was all him.
Listen, let's all enjoy the win and move past this argument.

Fagnano had a stinker of a game today, and I'm sure he'd tell you the same thing. Pointing to 1 good play doesn't negate numerous bad plays that put us in a tough position to begin with.

Do I believe that this is the best that Fagnano can ever do?? Absolutely not! Get back into the film room, young man. Keep improving, because we might need to call your number again...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The D line stood up their line. Wow. That's was manning up. Good for them. Good for UConn.

Need to keep Evers healthy. He is the better QB.
Nope. Fake news. Fagnano just needs to keep the ball lower, he is not throwing to Clingan. The coaches need to "emphatically" instruct him to "BRING THE BALL DOWN. Also stop throwing everything to the sidelines. The deeper thros are a challenge to NFL QBs.

Reaction Score
He wasn’t perfect but he was awesome when he dodged some tackles, and threw a strike to Buckman down the sideline. That play was all him.
I give all the credit to the Owl DBs that didn't do their jobs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Happy for W! We need Bell, Evers, Edwards Rosa, Yates, and anyone else to heal up. We need them more than ever for the second half of the season. Winning ugly is still a W on the books.

I trust Mora/Sammis/Brock to prepare for Wake Forest as if this is our Super Bowl. Lets go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Listen, let's all enjoy the win and move past this argument.

Fagnano has a stinker of a game today, and I'm sure he'd tell you the same thing. Pointing to 1 good play doesn't negate numerous bad plays that put us in a tough position to begin with.

Do I believe that this is the best that Fagnano can ever do?? Absolutely not! Get back into the film room, young man. Keep improving, because we might need to call your number again...
Yeah you’re right, he breaks one or two tackles and then finds an open man down the sideline at a critical point in the game, but it’s just one “good” play. I also might point out that the stellar defensive effort by Temple might have had something to do with Fagano’s not so hot performance.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yeah you’re right, he breaks one or two tackles and then finds an open man down the sideline at a critical point in the game, but it’s just one “good” play. :rolleyes:
Yes, it is. Let's not talk about the turnovers, constantly throwing into double coverage because he locked on to one receiver the second that the ball touched his hands, or his inability to step up in the pocket, etc, etc.

It was a big time play that he made. I was excited about it, and I'm grateful he made it. But if he didn't make over a dozen bad plays before it, we would have been up by 20, and he knows it...

Reaction Score
As to Fagnano. He had two INTs and a fumble. He played poorly.

But that pass to Buckman was the play of the game and we don't win without it.

So he participated and was part of the victory. But Mora says Evers is the guy and it's tough to argue with that opinion.
Evers is no prize either. He’s not going to win games with his arm either. You have to pick your poison between to B- QBs. JF can do his progressions and can deliver the ball sometimes. Evers is a one look pass or go guy. He gives you more run options. Not convinced he can do much more than that.

Reaction Score
We didn't run well.
We didn't block well.
We didn't catch a bunch of passes.
We didn't protect the ball.
Defense gave up some plays.
Playcalling was meh!
Then the Football God's intervened.

UConn! UConn! UConn!

I'll take the win. Get refocused, get healthy and beat Wake in 2 weeks. Fill The Rent!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Glad Evers will be back for Wake. If he struggles though, they need to get Welliver ready for his first start a week or two later. Fagnano cannot start another game for the Huskies, thanks for holding it down and doing your part, but it's clear we need better moving forward.

Reaction Score
Lost in all of the endorphins flying around is that Temple sux, UConn played like crap, lost the game, and somehow the most unlikely thing happened to hand the game to them. Why Temple did not kick a fg I assume was because the had only inches to go. Well, take the extra week and heal.

Reaction Score
Coming back from the game sitting in section 227 I can't even comprehend what just happened, when the last play was over I was just waiting for a review. You're never as good as you think you are or as bad as you think you are. We have 2 qbs and they have flaws and their strengths Fagnano did not play well but he came up clutch. Give Temple credit they came to play we have a lot to work on going in the bye week but 4-2 feels good.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom