Temple Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Temple Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
If Fagnano could of been a little bit more accurate throwing the shorter passes maybe we win that game going away. Evers can't even throw and Temple would of just loaded the box. I think we don't that game with Evers as QB as we needed some of Joe's big throws to win it.
Temple is up there for rushing yards allowed in FBS

Reaction Score
Just stop. Every time we win or lose, somebody has the comment, we wouldn’t have lost with the other QB, or we would have won by a bigger margin. Getting old.
Just win. That’s all that matters
except this is like a crazy 99% ESPN win probability turnaround like Miami-GT. We got astoundingly lucky at the end, we can't rely on solely Fagnano again

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The 'Miami Miracle' kickoff return TD to beat Duke in 2017

Flutie and BC beating the Hurricanes on the last minute hail mary throw

Auburn beating Alabama on a 105 yard kickoff return-known as the 'Kick Six' game-with zeroes on the clock

Sam Cunnigham and an integrated USC team going on the road and absolutely laying waste to Alabama-the last Bear Bryant team that openly avoided rostering African American players

Michigan State v. Notre Dame in '66
I could go on......
And none of them beat Cal v Stanford IMHO.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's about the fight in the dog!

That defense. That beautiful defense! I'm not gonna spend any time talking about the things that went wrong, because there were many. But that defense REFUSED to break!

In a goal line stand that would make my own avatar very proud, thank you HUSKY D!!!

Reaction Score
It's about the fight in the dog!

That defense. That beautiful defense! I'm not gonna spend any time talking about the things that went wrong, because there were many. But that defense REFUSED to break!

In a goal line stand that would make my own avatar very proud, thank you HUSKY D!!!
It broke at the end and we almost gave the game away...

Reaction Score
Fagnano plays horrible all game and yet he pulls out THAT pass in the game winning drive.

What a gutsy, gutsy win.

A lot to clean up for the next game
Fortuitous win; QB missing open receivers and making poor decisions, receivers dropping passes in their hands; Temple’s PK missing a gimme (for him), OL allowing a blocked punt for a TD, defense getting gashed in the 2nd half, but came up big at the very end. This group has improved quite a bit, but still has a long way to go. They still have a talent deficit vs. the big boys but making strides.

Reaction Score
... and ask why in the name of all that's holy didn't he kick the FG? They would have had MO and a kicker with a HUGE leg going into OT.
a huge leg that missed a 30-something yarder earlier in the night. seeing as how OT is from the 25, the leg strength is moot.

I don't blame him. 16 straight away losses? just go for it now, instead of grinding out OT. 9 out of 10 times, they don't fumble the ball and their backs get the ball in.

we gave them no indication that the bet was an unwise one.
He made the right call, but tonight was our night.

IMO this is another example of a coach not respecting us - if he's playing Memphis or Cincy, do u think he goes for it? nah he plays it safe to live another down. But it's just little ol' UConn.

quiet bus ride home to Philly - happy trails homie.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
OK, I have a confession to make. As many of you know, I'm married to a double Pitt grad Panther fan. So we had a doubleheader today, Pitt at noon, UConn at 3:30. She had to go out this morning for errands and asked if I wanted her to pick up lunch. We had stuff here to eat, but I said, "If you want.". She said, "I was going to go to Subway. You want anything?" I said, "OK, get me tuna with lettuce tomato and cheese."

So she brought back two footlongs. we both ate half our subs for lunch. Figured I was going to eat the other half tomorrow, but with the game going 4 hours, neither of us wanted to cook dinner. So we each ate the other half of our subs for dinner.

Pitt won. UConn won.

This was the first time I'd had Subway this year. I don't even recall if I had it last year. I'll admit I do like their tuna because it seems they use tuna in oil, then mix in the mayo. But I do not want to be eating a Subway tuna six or more times this fall and winter. And considering we'll be at the Wake game, neither of us has any desire to stop at a Subway beforehand when there are tailgates to visit.

Tell me it has nothing to do with mojo.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
OK, I have a confession to make. As many of you know, I'm married to a double Pitt grad Panther fan. So we had a doubleheader today, Pitt at noon, UConn at 3:30. She had to go out this morning for errands and asked if I wanted her to pick up lunch. We had stuff here to eat, but I said, "If you want.". She said, "I was going to go to Subway. You want anything?" I said, "OK, get me tuna with lettuce tomato and cheese."

So she brought back two footlongs. we both ate half our subs for lunch. Figured I was going to eat the other half tomorrow, but with the game going 4 hours, neither of us wanted to cook dinner. So we each ate the other half of our subs for dinner.

Pitt won. UConn won.

This was the first time I'd had Subway this year. I don't even recall if I had it last year. I'll admit I do like their tuna because it seems they use tuna in oil, then mix in the mayo. But I do not want to be eating a Subway tuna six or more times this fall and winter.

Eat the tuna!!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
With Fagnano as QB, Temple didn't need to defend the dual threat QB and they were able to shut down the run game. That is why UConn needs Evers.
This is so damn funny. This board blows hot and cold on our QBs almost play by play. Read the chat board. Fagnano isn’t Tom Brady, but for 2 straight games the BY loved him. He misses some passes, but so does every NFL QB every game. He was still 24-41 and was under too much pressure too often. One int was on him, the other on the receiver. His fumble was pretty questionable. Evers hasn’t exactly been a passing star and teams defend us differently when he is in.

Reaction Score
What an awesome ending. D pulled that out the fire. On O, Sammis was horrendous and out maneuvered all day. Temple was brilliant defeating the zone blocking and closing down the cut back creases on the run. JF was simply not good. But, the team gained something today, a sense of how to fight through adversity. I’ll take that because that what winners do.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was in the car, watching on my phone. Stepped out and by the time I checked something wild must have happened. I don’t know what.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Pitt won. UConn won.

This was the first time I'd had Subway this year. I don't even recall if I had it last year. I'll admit I do like their tuna because it seems they use tuna in oil, then mix in the mayo. But I do not want to be eating a Subway tuna six or more times this fall and winter. And considering we'll be at the Wake game, neither of us has any desire to stop at a Subway beforehand when there are tailgates to visit.

I'm wearing my gray Husky shirt instead of my blue one this year, and we haven't lost a home game yet with it.

Do your job...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom