Temple Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Temple Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
UConn did not deserve to win. The guy who recovered the fumble and ran for a game-ending touchdown should be criticized by Mora. Jump on the fumble, game over. Risking the fumble-return could result in a further fumble to be returned for a Temple win.

That was a selfish look-at-me move. Team first, please.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
With Fagnano as QB, Temple didn't need to defend the dual threat QB and they were able to shut down the run game. That is why UConn needs Evers.
I keep flipping back and forth on this and last game I finally gave in to the Joe F crowd. However, today showed how the RPO is vital to this team. Our running game is our bread and butter. However, Joe can't be a reliable threat as a passer so teams key in on the run and take the risk JF might beat them in the air. Evers Makes the D have to decide which way to go. If he can become a decent passer we have a whole nother level. I am back to believing Evers is out better bet as a starter. However, this should probably stay in the QB thread.

BOTTOM LINE.....WE WON IN DRAMATIC FASHION!!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1. I correctly predicted in the 1st qtr of the game chat, this game was gonna cause me to drink more than I intended. That happened in spades. What was supposed to be an easy game of Landsharks ended up with me doing vodka shots by halftime and throughout the second half.
2. MVP? How about Brett Buckman. Great blocking on WR screens and runs and timely catches. He's earned more reps.
3. UConn played like the Greyhound thst caught the bunny at the track.
4. Sammis' worst game play calling.
5. All props to Temple. No idea how they are 1-5.
6. Fagnano. He keeps both teams in the game the full 60 minutes.
7. Faumuina-Brown. Helluva game.
8. I expected the goal line fumble one play earlier.
9. 60-yard made FG that had leg for 70 yards. Missed FG from 32. WTF?
10. A close game like this might actually get more fans interested.
11. Breathe in. Breathe out. Game was never in question. Easy Sqeezy Lemon Peasy. UConn led after 1st qtr, at the half, after 3rd and at end of the game.
12. Refs sucked.

Reaction Score
This game is a reminder to the team (and to us) that you have to bring it 100% every game, or you lose. Have to be ready every week here on out

Major issues offensively. Temple sucks at defending the run but their d-line was eating us alive. I don’t know why we kept running Evers’ playbook with Fagnano in the game. He is not enough of a running threat to pretend to run RPO. Let him sling the ball and keep him protected so he can do it!

A win is a win at the end of the day. That last stand had me so hype. Let’s go Huskies!!! When’s the last time we were 4-2?

Reaction Score
Hard to run when your offensive line cabt get any traction.

It would take Evers 4 games to throw for 280.

Neither of these guys are great.
Joe was bad today but he stepped up at the very end when we needed him to. Joe is inaccurate and isn't a run threat but he can make throws. Evers is a run threat but he's slight and hasn't shown any ability to make throws.

Reaction Score
We dominated most of the game. Total yards, 1st downs, etc. Need to cut down on the TOs. Still a solid win and hopefully puts us in the Top 25. Lets Go!
Top 25? LOL! Come on we beat a bad Temple team. Great we survived but we are so far from the top 25 right now. Need more consistency from the QB and our big strong OL was porous today.

Reaction Score
And they have 2 weeks to do so. That's 2 weeks for Evers to recover and for Skyler Bell.
Do we know how bad Skyler Bell's injury was? The announcers spent most of the day hyping 1-4 now Temple all game I barely heard anything about UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom