Temple Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Temple Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I’ve watched that ending 5 times and it’s crazy. We lose games like that we don’t win them. Man I don’t care score or beauty points just win baby and they did. Congrats to the kids. And god bless the portal.
Yeah that was nerve racking there until you see the ball just laying on the group behind the line scrimmage and UConn scooping it to go the other way. No way does UConn in football close out a game like that! But they did. Go UConn!!!!

Reaction Score
Do we know how bad Skyler Bell's injury was? The announcers spent most of the day hyping 1-4 now Temple all game I barely heard anything about UConn.
At some point they lost the sideline feed and we stopped getting updates. It looked like his knee though

Reaction Score
Thanks to us winning, I can gripe about the refs without sounding like spur grapes.

What a horrible horrible crew. First drive the call us short when Cam got the first down by two yards. Then they call back the long Fagnano run with a bs holding call. And the biggest of them all was the fumble call when there was clear evidence Fagnano's knee was down.

Reaction Score
With Fagnano as QB, Temple didn't need to defend the dual threat QB and they were able to shut down the run game. That is why UConn needs Evers.
If Fagnano could of been a little bit more accurate throwing the shorter passes maybe we win that game going away. Evers can't even throw and Temple would of just loaded the box. I think we don't that game with Evers as QB as we needed some of Joe's big throws to win it.

Reaction Score
UConn did not deserve to win. The guy who recovered the fumble and ran for a game-ending touchdown should be criticized by Mora. Jump on the fumble, game over. Risking the fumble-return could result in a further fumble to be returned for a Temple win.

That was a selfish look-at-me move. Team first, please.
Grampa Simpson Grandpa GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
At some point they lost the sideline feed and we stopped getting updates. It looked like his knee though
I saw the play rolling back up on his leg. Hopfullly it is more ankle. He did give it a try for the rest of the 1st half at least. Just curious what the actual injury is. We can't afford to lose him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The D line stood up their line. Wow. That's was manning up. Good for them. Good for UConn.

Need to keep Evers healthy. He is the better QB.

Literally every day in spring ball and fall camp, D Line coach sets up this scenario. No doubt next spring and fall it will be easier to remind each defensive player how much every inch matters on a snap, how every practice, every weight lifting session, every film session, every meal means the difference between win and loss.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If Fagnano could of been a little bit more accurate throwing the shorter passes maybe we win that game going away. Evers can't even throw and Temple would of just loaded the box. I think we don't that game with Evers as QB as we needed some of Joe's big throws to win it.

That's the problem. Fagnano is 5 years in to college and he can't get more accurate.

Reaction Score
He had one big throw. A really big one, but let's not act like he wasn't the reason we were in a position to lose this game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UConn did not deserve to win. The guy who recovered the fumble and ran for a game-ending touchdown should be criticized by Mora. Jump on the fumble, game over. Risking the fumble-return could result in a further fumble to be returned for a Temple win.

Thank you for your service. But your mind is broken.

Reaction Score
Happy about the win, but let’s put to rest the Fagano should be QB1 crap. Evers gotta be the guy when healthy. Win that much more comfortably with him today.
Just stop. Every time we win or lose, somebody has the comment, we wouldn’t have lost with the other QB, or we would have won by a bigger margin. Getting old.
Just win. That’s all that matters

Reaction Score
Nah. Cal's laterals on last play to score thru Stanford band will never be topped. But it's top 5.
The 'Miami Miracle' kickoff return TD to beat Duke in 2017

Flutie and BC beating the Hurricanes on the last minute hail mary throw

Auburn beating Alabama on a 105 yard kickoff return-known as the 'Kick Six' game-with zeroes on the clock

Sam Cunnigham and an integrated USC team going on the road and absolutely laying waste to Alabama-the last Bear Bryant team that openly avoided rostering African American players

Michigan State v. Notre Dame in '66
I could go on......

Reaction Score
I saw the play rolling back up on his leg. Hopfullly it is more ankle. He did give it a try for the rest of the 1st half at least. Just curious what the actual injury is. We can't afford to lose him.
We really can't if we want 8+ wins. He's arguably the most important player for us.

Reaction Score

Huh?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

WR's were equally culpable spitting the bit today. How many drops? Plus a fumble after the catch which cost a first down.

Reaction Score
Anyone know the crowd size? "Old Guy" thinks my heart stopped several times. WF will be a huge test of just how good the Huskies are.....I am happy beyond the rainbow for the W, but I thought they would perform better than appears. Anyway, looking forward to all the posts....Go Huskies! Thanks for all the good opinions on the Boneyard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom