Temple Post Game Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Temple Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
To be fair, though, the actual play was a blown snap by either the center or the RSF QB. But the nerves, the nerves they had to be feeling because of what the UConn D had done to them the whole game, that effect was decisive. Not to mention the penetration at the snap. I doubt they would have made it anyway. Stupid decision by Temple. Their coach set them up to fail. Kick the FG and live to fight again in OT.
temple made the correct decision it didn’t execute. Kicking a field goal at the 1 foot line decision would be demoralizing

Reaction Score
As will we all lol. Joe gave us the best chance to win yesterday? Did he? I guess he did because he was the only option we had. I think our defense gave us our only chance to win.

Obviously I think Evers when healthy gives us the best chance. So do our coaches. I only commented on this issue to begin with because I think JF was anointed by some as this awesome passer. He isn’t. Seems like a hard working kid and like I said I think he has some talent but as usual on the Boneyard the guy on the bench is always better than the starter until we find out he isn’t.
It may be obvious to you that Evers gives us the best chance but I haven’t seen enough from him as a passer. Maybe he’ll show it but he hasn’t done it yet. He’s got good foot speed but I’m not convinced he’s elite dual threat either.

Also haven’t heard anyone describe JF as an awesome passer like you said, but he has shown ability to stay tough in the pocket & put pressure on opposing secondaries.

Reaction Score
I Thought this was one of those games where the qb didn’t play all that well but he made some plays when he needed to. Not to compare the two as quarterbacks, but over his career Brady was masterful at playing an eh game then driving the field and scoring or setting up the score for Vinitari or someone.

I thought the drive at the end of the first half was very good up until the penalty. But it gave us the lead going into the half. Temple basically sold out the run and said see if Fagnano can beat us with the pass. He did. The D made a terrific stand at the goal line but they were defending the lead Fagnano gave them.

Reaction Score
It may be obvious to you that Evers gives us the best chance but I haven’t seen enough from him as a passer. Maybe he’ll show it but he hasn’t done it yet. He’s got good foot speed but I’m not convinced he’s elite dual threat either.

Also haven’t heard anyone describe JF as an awesome passer like you said, but he has shown ability to stay tough in the pocket & put pressure on opposing secondaries.
I meant obviously that’s my opinion. I by no means think Evers is a world beater and that we can’t win with Joe because we can and we have. They have different strengths and weaknesses. Straight up have to pick I think Evers is our guy and I disagree with posters that pick JF. That’s all. They are close enough I think you could make the case either way.

Reaction Score

The problem with Evers is that he isn't that fast or elusive as a runner either. Better than Joe F. for sure but I don't really see what Evers gives us at Qb unless he can improve this throwing drastically.

Reaction Score
Sometimes, it can be hurtful emotionally to have an opinion that others don't share, and the body tends to react by "doubling down".

Do I happen to know who the best QB on this team is? As a scientist, I can't say I do with any high level of certainty. So I have to defer to the experts.

Has Mora given me ANY REASON AT ALL not to trust his judgment??? I'd argue that his judgment is the only thing that should matter now, as he has us on track to go to our second bowl game in 3 years. His choice is very likely to be the correct choice...
I do know, and he hasn’t had one snap since he got here. Uconn has had some really good QB’s in the past, and most didn’t play at all.

Reaction Score
I don't know what some of you see when you watch Fagnano. He makes about 3 good throws out of 10 attempts, and the other 7 are usually brutally bad. He can't run and he isn't accurate.
Out of curiosity, what do you see when Evers throws it? There is a reason why WRs have YACs that lead to TDs from Fagnano passes. We haven't seen that from Nick. Fagnano is far from great and Nick will get better with reps. Right now, however, its not close as to who is more accurate.

Reaction Score
UConn did not deserve to win. The guy who recovered the fumble and ran for a game-ending touchdown should be criticized by Mora. Jump on the fumble, game over. Risking the fumble-return could result in a further fumble to be returned for a Temple win.

That was a selfish look-at-me move. Team first, please.
Someone should tell him his scoop and score was selfish.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Fagnano could have been a little bit more accurate throwing the shorter passes maybe we win that game going away. Evers can't even throw and Temple would have just loaded the box. I think we don't that game with Evers as QB as we needed some of Joe's big throws to win it.
I think the team may have benefited from a "wake up game". I'd much rather have that be a scary close win with a great finish then a disappointing close loss.

(I wonder what that game would've looked like if the correct call had been made on that third down spot in the first series. Had we marched down the field like that and scored it likely would have set Temple back on their heels a bit. No matter. I'm happy with the result.)

Reaction Score
Okay boomer. They posted that to IG and not Facebook so it was targeted to a younger audience, 18-24 year olds. Just because you don’t recognize the value of something doesn’t mean there isn’t any.

UConn’s post was creative and funny. And considering how many times we’ve found a way to lose games, it was the chef’s kiss to a satisfying win. Good teams manage to win even when they don’t play well. Perhaps some have forgotten this because we haven’t had good teams in a long time.
Yeah we've gotten dragged so often on social media over FB, why can't we have some fun?

CL82

Reaction Score
Hope it’s time to dust off the Jelani offensive short run yardage plays during the off week. They were MONEY in the past.
And entertaining AsFill

Reaction Score
OK, I have a confession to make. As many of you know, I'm married to a double Pitt grad Panther fan. So we had a doubleheader today, Pitt at noon, UConn at 3:30. She had to go out this morning for errands and asked if I wanted her to pick up lunch. We had stuff here to eat, but I said, "If you want.". She said, "I was going to go to Subway. You want anything?" I said, "OK, get me tuna with lettuce tomato and cheese."

So she brought back two footlongs. we both ate half our subs for lunch. Figured I was going to eat the other half tomorrow, but with the game going 4 hours, neither of us wanted to cook dinner. So we each ate the other half of our subs for dinner.

Pitt won. UConn won.

This was the first time I'd had Subway this year. I don't even recall if I had it last year. I'll admit I do like their tuna because it seems they use tuna in oil, then mix in the mayo. But I do not want to be eating a Subway tuna six or more times this fall and winter. And considering we'll be at the Wake game, neither of us has any desire to stop at a Subway beforehand when there are tailgates to visit.

Tell me it has nothing to do with mojo.
Change your name to TunaSandwichGuy

Reaction Score
Sheffield emerging as a #2 receiver is great news for our offense. Please make Robinson the #1 back.

OL played horribly today. No idea what happened out there.
I think I just give credit to Temple's defense. They came prepared for the run.

Reaction Score
I feel like this needs to be said in every thread. He is maddeningly inconsistent. He is capable of making really good throws and he is capable of missing the easiest throws possible. He was that way at Maine. He's that way here. He can be pinpoint accurate while simultaneously having no touch whatsoever. He can have great touch on a ball that lands nowhere near the receiver. That's JF.

In the end yesterday he completed 60% of his passes for 272 yards and was the winning quarterback. Given the pressure he was under, sign me up for those numbers every week.

We know Evers is Mora's guy. We know Evers is out there next. And we'll all be rooting for him. But can we cut some slack to the backup QB who nearly threw for 300 yards and just got us win number 4?
Very well said!

CL82

Reaction Score
Back in the day, we called those "slobberknockers"
young frankenstein GIF

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, what do you see when Evers throws it? There is a reason why WRs have YACs that lead to TDs from Fagnano passes. We haven't seen that from Nick. Fagnano is far from great and Nick will get better with reps. Right now, however, its not close as to who is more accurate.
Neither is great, but the Offense more better with Evers . Last season and this season Fagnano has proven to consistently inconsistent. Short on deep balls, high and wide on throws to his right. High on throws to his left.

At least Evers has room to grow. Fagnano isn't going to get any better at this point. And Fagnano may be a lot things, but accurate damn sure isn't one of them.

Reaction Score
Just want to congratulate this team on a W. They did not play well, yet came up big when we needed it the most. Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the face, and that’s what happened last night. Good teams find a way to win, and that’s what we did.

I think deep down, there’s a pretty good QB in Fagnano. I don’t doubt for a second that he impresses the coaching staff in practice. When he feels no pressure to perform, he’s lights out. But the minute he knows the game is on his shoulders, he can’t hit an open receiver to save his life. When he has time to hear his own voice inside his head, he can’t make decisions or hit targets.

To the contrary, the moment he doesn’t have time to think about the voice in his head, he does something amazing. Like scrambling out of a collapsing pocket, breaking a tackle and hitting a wide open Buckman with a strike between the numbers. He’s like Chuck Knoblach- could make a fantastic play at second base but the moment he had to stand up to make the easy throw to first base, he physically couldn’t do it.

Ultimately Joe needs to play to have fun and nothing else. His inconsistency is not sustainable against better opponents. But the kid keeps fighting, I gotta hand it to him. That’s the type of kid that belongs on any roster, just not as a starter.

On to Wake, go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I doubt we are favored to win out now. Syracuse won against a ranked opponent on the road. Wake won’t be a pushover.
8 and 4 seems possible. "old guys" prediction.. WF and SYC will tell how good the team really is. It is obvious UC is very good compared to past years...10 and 2 would probably get them a conference invite...

Reaction Score
Neither is great, but the Offense more better with Evers . Last season and this season Fagnano has proven to consistently inconsistent. Short on deep balls, high and wide on throws to his right. High on throws to his left.

At least Evers has room to grow. Fagnano isn't going to get any better at this point. And Fagnano may be a lot things, but accurate damn sure isn't one of them.
Again. One guy has the completions that WRs catch and can run with and some lead to tds. The other guy can't throw an accurate slant to save his life. But yeah, neither is great. Ill give you that.

Reaction Score
This is easily our most talented team in some two decades. B
I understand your point, but perhaps you would like to revise and extend your remarks? Two decades? Since 2004? I think not. I would buy in the last dozen years, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom