Temple Post Game Thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Temple Post Game Thread

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Any idea what the ratings have been for our games at CBSSN? Have not been able to find them online

I'm not sure but someone posted a tweet of the previous week's games' viewing numbers and in the graphic it said CBSSN is not a part of Nielson's ratings.

Reaction Score
Wait, nebrich was the single greatest qb in UConn history. Maybe Lagow, but most here kneel at the Nebrich statute on way in to stadium.
I was actually a fan of his. He needed snaps to settle down which he never got. When he missed that pass he never got in to pass again.

Reaction Score
Like many others on here I attended the game, witnessed the final play in person, and have since watched the video replay numerous times since it was such an amazing thing to see. I still have questions:

1. Has anyone seen a definitive replay which shows what caused the ball to get loose? I have not seen that yet. Have read accounts indicating bad snap, or a strip out by one of our backs?

2. Regarding the Temple formation, what was the purpose of having the back lined up 5 yards behind the quarterback? Watching the replay, the guy does nothing on the play at all. Is he required to be back there for it to be a legal formation? If not, why didn't temple line him up as a wideout, to get at least one UConn defender out of the box?

Reaction Score
Under HCPP Nebrich would come in and set up in the gun and everyone in the house knew it was gonna be a wildcat keeper. (The one time it wasn't he missed a wide open receiver with no DB within 30 yards.) Somehow these things need to be disguised well.
Wrong QB. That was a kid from Massachusetts, last name started with Mc..., who was a pure option QB. But did rush for over 100 one game when we triple optioned Syracuse to death for a home win in '11 or '12. And I remember the pass. The WR was so wide open you could have brought the ball to FedexOffice, have them overnighted it and the WR would have still been open when the delivery got there. And the pass didn't come close to him. LOL.

(McCummings. Yes. Credit to Bongo Fury.)

Reaction Score
Fagnano is a very good backup QB. He’s an OK starting QB.

Evers is an OK starting QB. But only while playing from the start and from ahead. If UConn is down 10+ points he becomes a minus at QB.

Also, Evers would not be good as the 2nd string QB. He needs to be starting or not play at all. It’s clear why he was 3rd or 4th string at his last two stops.

If he wasn’t UConn's starting QB I’d have him as 4th string.

I know this doesn’t logically make sense, but that’s how I see these two QB’s. If I’m Mora I’d have Evers start every game and if they get down by 10 I’d immediately bring in Fagnano.

Reaction Score

Evers is an OK starting QB. But only while playing from the start and from ahead. If UConn is down 10+ points he becomes a minus at QB.

Also, Evers would not be good as the 2nd string QB. He needs to be starting or not play at all. It’s clear why he was 3rd or 4th string at his last two stops.

I know this doesn’t logically make sense, but that’s how I see these two QB’s. If I’m Mora I’d have Evers start every game and if they get down by 10 I’d immediately bring in Fagnano.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I know this doesn’t logically make sense, but that’s how I see these two QB’s. If I’m Mora I’d have Evers start every game and if they get down by 10 I’d immediately bring in Fagnano.and
Out of curiosity, what have we seen from Fagnano's performances while down 10+ points that exempts him from being 'minus at QB' in that situation?

I also seem to remember being down 17-0 to Duke in Durham, in a game where a) Evers played QB and b) we fell behind 17-0 yet somehow took the lead; and if you discount the defensive TD, we were still down ten after Hardy scored.

Quite a few people are manufacturing things to argue. Maybe that's a good thing.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I was actually a fan of his. He needed snaps to settle down which he never got. When he missed that pass he never got in to pass again.
Nebrich went on to become third team FCS All American at Fordham and he won Patriot League Offensive MVP in both 2013 and 2014.

He was great for them - they went 23-5 his Junior and Senior years and he led the team to back to back top ten end of season rankings.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Both QBs are pretty bad. But one passed for 280 today and the other needs four ganes to pass for 280.
The other one can run which adds another thing for the other team to worry about. Did you forget the three turnovers by the quarterback, or just ignore those facts?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Fagnano has a higher floor.

Evers has a higher ceiling.
We know Fagnano ceiling and floor. We have no idea what Evers is if you think you do, then you don't. The only ones who have an idea are the coaching staff who see them daily

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Stick to something you know because football is not one of them

Reaction Score

...I actually understand and somewhat agree.....but I have been drinking a lot lately

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom