Temple Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Temple Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but the version of Fagnano we saw today is pretty much the version you get everyday with the exception of Merimack. He’s not terrible but he’s not good. He’s made a few big passing plays (mostly against Merimack) but he’s missed just as many as he has made. Some people here want to pretend that him being this big play threat was more beneficial than Evers using his legs. Not today. They stacked the box and stuffed our run game. They dared him to beat us and he couldn’t. Joe has some talent but he’s just the opposite side of the coin from Evers. Both of them have flaws but Nick has to be QB1 on potential alone.

Reaction Score
Wow, I have to admit I turned it off. I went from thinking all week we would blow them out to thinking there is no way we are pulling this out and switching it off to help with the kids bedtime routine. I switch the game back on to see if it is still on with a replay of that crazy final play in progress. Obviously, I had to go back and watch what I gave up on ... what a finish.

Joey had a rough game, to say the least; he did not look good at all for most of the game, yet through it all, the guy is clearly a baller and came through. I guess this is why coaches don't give up on their QB's as soon as some of us do. What a game and a huge win for the program going into a bye week and in a fashion that would not have happened in years past. Mora has things heading in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Tonight’s game vs Temple had no bearing on this but it’s worth noting:

Looks Good Us Open Tennis GIF by US Open

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I, like most of you, have watched the wheels come off this program since 2010.

I know we played an awful game and Temple hasn't been a good team this season.

But this was awesome to pull out a win at the buzzer in this fashion. Perfect win to head into a bye week while we look forward to an acc opponent.

Reaction Score
UCONN stopped them earlier in the game but the refs didn’t blow the whistle until they got the first down.
I need a replay but in real time it looked like the line judge ran in blowing the whistle and somehow marked the ball a yard above where the QB was

Reaction Score
1. I correctly predicted in the 1st qtr of the game chat, this game was gonna cause me to drink more than I intended. That happened in spades. What was supposed to be an easy game of Landsharks ended up with me doing vodka shots by halftime and throughout the second half.
2. MVP? How about Brett Buckman. Great blocking on WR screens and runs and timely catches. He's earned more reps.
3. UConn played like the Greyhound thst caught the bunny at the track.
4. Sammis' worst game play calling.
5. All props to Temple. No idea how they are 1-5.
6. Fagnano. He keeps both teams in the game the full 60 minutes.
7. Faumuina-Brown. Helluva game.
8. I expected the goal line fumble one play earlier.
9. 60-yard made FG that had leg for 70 yards. Missed FG from 32. WTF?
10. A close game like this might actually get more fans interested.
11. Breathe in. Breathe out. Game was never in question. Easy Sqeezy Lemon Peasy. UConn led after 1st qtr, at the half, after 3rd and at end of the game.
12. Refs sucked.
Good analysis. Yes, UCONN play calling in first half was strange. I understand they didn’t have confidence in Fagano’s passing, despite how well he did last week, but the runs were very predictable.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
UCONN stopped them earlier in the game but the refs didn’t blow the whistle until they got the first down.
You mean the play when the pile was pushed? If you mean that one. I have no clue if there is any such thing as “stopping forward progress” anymore now that they allow blockers to keep pushing a pile when it’s pretty clear the runner can’t go anywhere.

Reaction Score
Thanks to us winning, I can gripe about the refs without sounding like spur grapes.

What a horrible horrible crew. First drive the call us short when Cam got the first down by two yards. Then they call back the long Fagnano run with a bs holding call. And the biggest of them all was the fumble call when there was clear evidence Fagnano's knee was down.
Why dont you add 3 picked up yellow flags against Temple. What league are we getting these ref’s from?

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but the version of Fagnano we saw today is pretty much the version you get everyday with the exception of Merimack. He’s not terrible but he’s not good. He’s made a few big passing plays (mostly against Merimack) but he’s missed just as many as he has made. Some people here want to pretend that him being this big play threat was more beneficial than Evers using his legs. Not today. They stacked the box and stuffed our run game. They dared him to beat us and he couldn’t. Joe has some talent but he’s just the opposite side of the coin from Evers. Both of them have flaws but Nick has to be QB1 on potential alone.

Both QBs are pretty bad. But one passed for 280 today and the other needs four ganes to pass for 280.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I said this exact thing to zanetto on twitter, he was blaming the O line (they looked like they had been on a bender for 3 days) for how poorly Fagnano played. No, that is who we thought he was coming into the season, he’s played way over his head so far this year and returned to the mean tonight.

Reaction Score
If you're someone who says there's no such thing as moral victories, then you shouldn't have a big problem with occasional ugly wins either. Not every win is a work of art. Sometimes the other team outplays you, outhustles you, or just has better coaching strategies for the game. Every game every week is a different situation, not matter how hot or cold your team is coming in.

As much as Fagnano and the UConn offense struggled, I'm impressed they were able to get it together enough at times to finally score a couple TDs 2nd half when they sorely needed them. Defense played great most of the game until the 4th when they were losing steam, yet were able to make a dramatic goal line stand to save the game.

The first 3 home wins were like a quick brush & floss - this game was like a root canal. But we won them all.

We're 4-2 going into the bye week. Let's enjoy it and hope our guys get healthy for Wake in two weeks,

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Big win for the Huskies. They've been frustrating this year, so many costly penalties in games. They could really easily be 6-0 instead of 4-2 right now.

Reaction Score
I knew posters were going to somehow complain about a win. UCONN consistently lost games like this for the last ten years. Stack wins - create a winning culture and maybe the program climbs out of the abyss. I don’t care how the qb looked or how the O Line looked. They won. Stack the wins.
Not complaining, just calling it the way I see it. That is what an engineer does. Not popular, but not trying to win a contest. I am officially off the 10-2 bandwagon. Happy if it happens but at this point quite sure it won't.

Wake just beat NCST. Lotta work to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom