Taya Reimer transferring from Notre Dame -- or not | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Taya Reimer transferring from Notre Dame -- or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What about "BC University" for her? Worked for Lauren

Actually Lauren's career at BC has been a little sketchy. Sometimes she starts, and
sometimes she hardly plays at all. Last night against Georgia Tech she played only
5 minutes and apart from one turnover, had zeros across the stat line.

And, by the way, it's Boston College, not Boston College University.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It appears at this point that nothing is definite. Neither espn nor yahoo sports has picked up the story, and the latest version seems to be that she is "considering her future at ND".

As they have not picked up on the Calhoun story. But they waisted no time on Edwards leaving. Makes one wonder.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Brett McCormick (of ASGR) is also reporting it on twitter per "multiple sources". Which is of course strange since there are only two that matter, Reimer and ND.
How can you possibly discount multiple sources?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Wow what a kick in the shamrocks! I do and always will respect Muffy but I have no love at all for ND in any sport. So no sympathy here for a team that managed to lose a starter half way through a season. Wish Taya well but really wonder what the issue could be to make a change so late.
A dent in the ND halos for sure and a big pair of shoes to fill as I think their season goes down hill.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Wow, this one is surprising. I think Muffett said that Taya was the one who led the "I Can't Breathe" campaign on the team. Interested to see where she ends up. She was a top recruit in a strong recruiting year, but never showed signs of development or potential to be great. That said, considering Notre Dame's track record of being able to turn McDonald's All Americans into stars, I thought she and Turner were going to make Notre Dame's front court incredibly imposing next year and in 2017. Notre Dame is now very very thin upfront, and Turner becomes more important than ever. I still think Notre Dame rebounds and will be a Final Four team this year with 2 elite players in Turner and Loyd, but there is less of a cushion now for foul trouble and taller teams like Duke or Tennessee suddenly become more difficult match ups.
Care to make it intersesting ball nut? I didn't think they would be at FF w/ Reimer!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Wow! I'm stunned. I thought she was a decent player who was still learning. I saw her in the WBCA AA game and had mixed thoughts. Her strengths appeared to be size and versatility. She wasn't super fit or great at anything I could see, but she had potential.
She had good/quick footwork in the paint- had one nifty offensive move in Nashville!!

Reaction Score
Wow what a kick in the shamrocks! I do and always will respect Muffy but I have no love at all for ND in any sport. So no sympathy here for a team that managed to lose a starter half way through a season. Wish Taya well but really wonder what the issue could be to make a change so late.
A dent in the ND halos for sure and a big pair of shoes to fill as I think their season goes down hill.
Haha - I was going to post something like that but you took care of it ! Good job.
That's it, major in flop and minor in arrogance!

Reaction Score
For what it's worth...

After a day of Taya Reimer's transfer from Notre Dame being treated as a non-item by Taya Reimer, Notre Dame, and sporting news outlets, this has been posted on McGraw's Bench:

"Update on Reimer: Team spokesperson says she is "still a member of the team". Her status for Sunday's game (vs BC, 1 pm) is uncertain"

Reaction Score
I'd love to get her down to Tennessee! She and Mercedes would make an imposing frontcourt one day.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
What's all this I hear about the Rhymer Transporting?

Poets should not be allowed on the starship Enterprise because they will just get everything all confused and think that a Clingan is like a Vulcan or a Ferengi or a Romulan or a Betazoid and . . . . What? . . . . Oh, really! . . . . Never mind.

B!tch.

SNL_0048_10_Update_5_Emily_Litella.png

JS

Reaction Score
The ND spokesperson didn't say she's staying. He said, speaking in the present, that she's still a member of the team.

I interpret it that the spokesperson (probably the ever ND-sanguine Chris Masters) is saying that (a) as far as ND is concerned, and (b) as of right now, that's the case.

If she's not leaving, or at best in limbo, why is her status for Sunday's game "uncertain?"

Have been surmising they prevailed on her (they have leverage in the matter of her release to talk to other schools) to mull it over the weekend and not make any hasty announcement until she's done that.

And then talked with them some more. Maybe they make some promises addressing her (rumored, alluded to on ND board) grievances.

So I think the situation plays out a little longer. And if I had to guess I'd say she's not playing Sunday.

Reaction Score
Very confusing. But, whether it's should I stay or should I go the damage has been done. An unhappy (whatever the causes) woman amongst the elfs. I have extended an offer to send by Border Collie to SouthBend-- getting the flock back in order can only be good for the game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I heard some rumors that she could end up at Texas Purdue Penn St or Tenn. Nothing definite yet.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
http://m.ndinsider.com/basketball/w...d6c-9864-11e4-a83a-a350934dc3a1.html?mode=jqm

South Bend Trib article on this. Includes the revelation that she received hate mail after the "I Can't Breathe" shirts.
Reimer's more recent decline in performance from early in the season does seem to stem from around the time she received the photos of the burning ND women shirts in response to her part in leading the wearing of the "I can't breathe shirts" at a pre-game practice, something that seems to have really upset her.

If true, it again shows how the acts of a few vicious fans can cause a lot of stress in these athletes' lives who are already trying to handle the demands of a tough coach like Muffet or Geno and a top program.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
On the on again/off again situation - there have been a few players that went down that road and those that stayed didn't necessarily cause 'problems' for the team. As i recall there was a weekend when Sims at Baylor was really upset and left the team only to return and play really well for them for the rest of her time. (If that is an incorrect recollection I apologize.)

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
If true, it again shows how the acts of a few vicious fans can cause a lot of stress in these athletes' lives who are already trying to handle the demands of a tough coach like Muffet or Geno and a top program.

They're college kids. I hate to think how I would have handled (or more likely not handled) these kinds of pressures, with hate mail tossed into the pot on top of academic and basketball pressures, when I was in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom