Reaction Score

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
In the ND boards, there was much criticism of her slow development
and some rumors that the coaches may have been especially hard on her
boarding on crossing the line.

Appears to be similar to the Duke situ.

Some young woman of the current era (and their families) seem to have limits with regard how far you can push them.

Reaction Score
Too bad. Good luck to her..... lots of other places where the big push for development is softer, and life is more enjoyable for someone like Taya.......

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Count me as one who was surprised. She was highly touted coming out of high school. I was surprised to see her have such a terrible outing during the FF last year. However, he was kind of thrown to the wolves ( I.e. Huskies) in the NC game. I expected to see a different player this year , albeit limited viewings, I had not seen that.

All that being said, I'm surprised at this news. While not a huge contributor numbers wise this certainly leaves them very thin in the middle. A team with a strong post presence may just have their way with ND now. Certainly changes the outlook in the ACC, I believe.

Will be curious to see where she ends up. I wish her well. Also, this could certainly change the outcome of the impending match up with TN. Could be a monster game for Harrison with the paint opened up.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well this ruins the season for me. My favorite player leaving my favorite team midseason.

This is really odd. She is, or was, very close with Westbeld and Turner.

Reaction Score
If the rumors are true about Calhoun and Reimer...... and why they left (development work was perhaps too strenuous) anyone else aside from me wondering what would have happened if they both committed to UConn?

And wow..... I am thinking in WCBB, the really good coaches are few and far between..... I hope Taya finds a coaching staff she can work with

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow, this one is surprising. I think Muffett said that Taya was the one who led the "I Can't Breathe" campaign on the team. Interested to see where she ends up. She was a top recruit in a strong recruiting year, but never showed signs of development or potential to be great. That said, considering Notre Dame's track record of being able to turn McDonald's All Americans into stars, I thought she and Turner were going to make Notre Dame's front court incredibly imposing next year and in 2017. Notre Dame is now very very thin upfront, and Turner becomes more important than ever. I still think Notre Dame rebounds and will be a Final Four team this year with 2 elite players in Turner and Loyd, but there is less of a cushion now for foul trouble and taller teams like Duke or Tennessee suddenly become more difficult match ups.

Reaction Score
If the rumors are true about Calhoun and Reimer. and why they left (development work was perhaps too strenuous) anyone else aside from me wondering what would have happened if they both committed to UConn?

And wow..... I am thinking in WCBB, the really good coaches are few and far between..... I hope Taya finds a coaching staff she can work with

Top ten D1 is a big jump from high level AAU, and high school. I would not always blame the coaches - good coaches push their players hard, and it is a big adjustment for girls who have been told they are god's gift to basketball. DT said she hated basketball as a freshman

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow. The ACC transfer team the last couple of years would be quite good:

Deshields, Wells, Calhoun, Reimer

Think you meant Alexis Jones instead of Wells... and all of those have been since April :eek:

if you go back 2 years........ you can add Jonquel Jones from Clemson who transferred to GW and is quite a player.

Reaction Score
Am unsure about developing problems- always slower for centers. Her numbers: pg + rb are nothing to laugh about. And she actively recruited some of the freshmen. Given this and other big transfers it makes you wonder where the problems lie: coaches, teams, schools, a new breed of players willing to question their workplace, etc. Interesting.
So, is that tall Tx girl- the one sited sitting behind the ND bench (or was it a ND sweat that attracted attention) at the ND-Uconn game- was more then 'when in Rome do as the Romans'- really on her way to ND? Let us call it the Tx two-step!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, count me among the shocked, as well as among the intrigued as to where Taya ends up.

In any case, for ND to lose by double digits to Miami right as this transfer was close to being announced is compelling. Correlation doesn't equal causality, but it still makes you wonder what the impact is on the Irish's outlook this season. And the thought is that the impact could, in fact, be very negative, even with the tremendous talent of Turner and Loyd.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
WOW - not sure anyone saw this coming.

Obviously many questions. Interesting comment about the possibility of coaches pushing to hard and crossing the line. Gene has eluded to the new challenges today's players present in terms of attitude, work ethic and other things.

I wish her the best and hope she finds what she is looking for.

This puts ND is a serious bind. They are now very thin in the front line.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Being so ineffective in the NC last year could not have been fun. Sorta got thrown to the lions that night. A lot resting on a young big's shoulders. Who knows. I would be reluctant to entertain speculation about abuse, there being nothing I am aware of to suggest a propensity for that in Muffet's ND program, while Couch P has a history of players and assistant coaches slinking off into the night. Wish her all the best.

Reaction Score
Big loss. I thought they were the 2nd best team but a shaky 2nd best. At least I thought they had a great shot for ff. Now imo they've come down to the pack. No longer number 2. As for the tourney, if the freshman Turner has one slip up, they're in huge trouble. I don't believe in freshman carrying a big role - the 2nd option- and winning a title. Stewie and could be others are an exception.

I was also looking forward to next year in which UCONN, USC, Tenn and ND would have been loaded. While UCONN is going to have sick talent - you can only play 5 at a time. With her leaving ND, ND drops a peg in my book but still formidable next year.

Reaction Score
This is a huge blow to the ND program..........Lets see what happens to ND now without their team leader........It sure was an issue last night........Recruiting is not a exact science
Best wishes TR..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69