Taliek Brown Joining Staff | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Taliek Brown Joining Staff

Reaction Score
Look folks, Hurley has a very good and talented team. It’s a mixture of youth and players with experience. There is a lot of similarities with this team and the 2011 and 2014 team. Adams is the KEY. Hurley must capitalize from the success of this season and reel in more talent. As it stands we have yet to get a quality commit under Hurley and hope this changes soon.

A very good and talented team... that his predecessor found a way to win 14 games with and lose 8 games by 20 or more points. Dont set unreasonable expectations for Hurley to flourish in year one. This is a 2 to 3 year rebuilding process to get the program back to where it should be.

Reaction Score
Your obsession with Kevin Ollie is becoming obnoxious. Why do you keep bringing him up in threads that have nothing to do with him? It almost seems pathological.

The rest of us are trying to enjoy the Hurley era. Join us.
LOLOLOL! I’m not obsessed with Kevin. But I admit that I enjoy tweaking the folks who dreamed up all sorts of reasons why he had to stay. Know anyone like that stairs?

Reaction Score
Genius move by Hurley since, if BY history is any indication, he will instantly be blamed for everything bad that happens.

(Edit: Actually thought this was trolling until I clicked on the thread.)
Unless he also hires Selvie in some capacity...

Reaction Score
This is reassurance that the future is very bright :)

Welcome back Taliek

Reaction Score
I’m happy for Talik as long as he’s not coaching the point guards.

I remember that both Talik and KO used to make me crazy by holding the ball too long when they drove the lane. They got swallowed up a lot more than they should have.

I vaguely remember Talik sitting a while during his Senior season when JC went to Ben for some big assist games.

It would be great in a number of ways if Ben was able to coach the guards.

C

Chief00

While Taliek can’t recruit in this role his involvement with anyone is better now than the way it was before - as a booster.
Granted, he had some preexisting relationships with some individuals, which makes contact ok - but this is an added level of safety when KO’s lawyer is trying to find any little thing that’s a double standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

A local station did a story on him last year. He was very well-spoken and pro-UCONN.
No disrespect to GM but Taliek was really our main shot in the arm for being a top Diallo contender.

C

Chief00

Forget what I said. I read that part too fast.

Brown takes the position vacated by Kevin Freeman, who left to be an assistant at Penn State. Freeman had a different role before he left. Hurley was looking to fill a player-development position, similar to Danny Griffin's role under Kevin Ollie.

So I guess he won't be on the bench during games.
Danny wasn’t a bench coach but was on the bench and hung out in timeout huddles on the peripheral.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
LOLOLOL! I’m not obsessed with Kevin. But I admit that I enjoy tweaking the folks who dreamed up all sorts of reasons why he had to stay. Know anyone like that stairs?

Yes, you are. You constantly talk about him and bring him up unprompted. Many people dislike Ollie a great deal, yet everyone except for you is able to discuss other things without forcing him into the conversation.

Also, if you’re insinsulting that at any point this season I wanted to be retained...you’re flat-out wrong. You would do well to relocate to reality, because you clearly haven’t been there in a long time.

C

Chief00

Love, love, love Khalid. Still my favorite all-time Husky. But would be a terrible match with Hurley's style imo. JC loved him because he delivered and had moxie unlike any player we had ever had, but he also gave him a pretty wide berth and allowed him leeway he would never have tolerated from other players. Taliek is a hard worker who earned everything the hard way, which is exactly what we need to inject more of in this team.
Jim had one manager or grad assistant, who had the job of making sure Khalid did not oversleep and be late for the afternoon practice. It was a full time, difficult and challenging job. But, the kid was creative and persistent in getting Khalid there on time, doing anything short of changing the clocks at Gampel.

Last edited by a moderator:

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
"During Brown's four years, the Huskies compiled an impressive 103-35 overall record, winning two Big East regular-season championships, two Big East Tournament titles, and making three NCAA Tournament appearances --- reaching the Elite Eight (2002), the Sweet 16 (2003), and winning the NCAA Championship (2004), with a combined 11-2 NCAA tourney record."

Granted, he did play with 3 of our all-time greats but you dont win ships without a great point guard. Welcome home Taliek!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I want to attribute the infamous quote to Gottleib, but can't remember for the life of me who actually said, "You can't win an NCAA Championship with Taliek Brown as your point guard."

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Are @Javjudah and @Whtdmd Siamese twins? Seems like Whtdmd is always there for the assist.
There's gotta ascore for someone to get credit for an assist. And "conjoined" is the more neutral term these days. But yeah, they seem to do the inclusion drug together. Strong stuff.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I want to attribute the infamous quote to Gottleib, but can't remember for the life of me who actually said, "You can't win an NCAA Championship with Taliek Brown as your point guard."
Possibly Gottleib but definitely 90% of the boneyard. Maybe 99%. Until we did it!

Reaction Score
On the old Courant board there was a poster named TobyWes, who hated TB, hated JC. During the title game he had a meltdown when TB hit a jumper.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Stain was Ollie Out for a good while before the coach was let go.

Besides, who cares which boneyarder was Ollie In or Ollie Out at this point?
I don't think a single person on here would prefer Ollie over Hurley at this point. If anyone wishes Ollie were still here over Hurley, they deserve the handle strikethrough treatment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom