Taliek Brown Joining Staff | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Taliek Brown Joining Staff

Reaction Score
Look folks, Hurley has a very good and talented team. It’s a mixture of youth and players with experience. There is a lot of similarities with this team and the 2011 and 2014 team. Adams is the KEY. Hurley must capitalize from the success of this season and reel in more talent. As it stands we have yet to get a quality commit under Hurley and hope this changes soon.

Reaction Score
Will he sit on the bench during games for this role?
Assuming so since the Courant article said he was taking over for KFree. KFree was on the bench last year, wasn't he? I can't remember since I've tried to block the entire season out of my mind! :)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Assuming so since the Courant article said he was taking over for KFree. KFree was on the bench last year, wasn't he? I can't remember since I've tried to block the entire season out of my mind! :)
Confirmed.
hc-sp-uconn-men-freeman-0531

Reaction Score
Love this hire. Toghness thru and thru.

As an aside, I got to see to Taliek play at the Greater Hartford Pro-Am back in about 2010 or so and after playing professionally for five or six years his offensive game was vastly expanded. I think he will be a great mentor to the guards on the roster.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yes he was at UConn taking classes over the summer for past few years. I believe you need your degree to become a coach at this level. Probably what he was planning on doing

If he received his undergrad degree in 2013, I imagine he was part of the effort by several alumni players to come back and earn their degrees, helping to erase the APR stigma.

Reaction Score

From December 2017:
New York City has produced some great guards throughout the years.

UConn sophomore Christian Vital, who's from Queens Village, has his favorite.

Make that favorites.

"It's Kemba and Taliek," Vital said of the two former Huskies. "I don't know which one I could choose. I'll just say both of them. They paved the way."

Growing up in New York, Vital followed the UConn careers of Kemba Walker and Taliek Brown, who both authored their share of magical Madison Square Garden moments.

Reaction Score
Good hire for a low-level position.

This isn't handing Ricky Moore a critical assistant slot. If Taliek is willing to work his way up, like Freeman was doing, that's perfect.

Reaction Score
Forget what I said. I read that part too fast.

Brown takes the position vacated by Kevin Freeman, who left to be an assistant at Penn State. Freeman had a different role before he left. Hurley was looking to fill a player-development position, similar to Danny Griffin's role under Kevin Ollie.

So I guess he won't be on the bench during games.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Look folks, Hurley has a very good and talented team. It’s a mixture of youth and players with experience. There is a lot of similarities with this team and the 2011 and 2014 team. Adams is the KEY. Hurley must capitalize from the success of this season and reel in more talent. As it stands we have yet to get a quality commit under Hurley and hope this changes soon.
At least we'll have a committed and capable coach with a well-built staff. And, btw, I question my own use of the "we" pronoun. You don't even need to question it. Just don't.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Your obsession with Kevin Ollie is becoming obnoxious. Why do you keep bringing him up in threads that have nothing to do with him? It almost seems pathological.

The rest of us are trying to enjoy the Hurley era. Join us.

Freescooter requires frequent refuels of his miserability index and uses the Boneyard as his personal gas station.

My Taliek story: I was a freshman living in the northwest dorms when he and Tony Robertson walked by while we were playing Time Crisis II. They hopped in for a game or two and were some of the funniest dudes I've met. They may or may not have smelled like the burned leaves of a green plant. Was an interesting initiation to college life.

Reaction Score
Next time, when someone politely tells you you've been redundant, just say, "Thank you" in the future.
“Inclusion is a hell of a drug”

I am a fan of Uconn basketball but I am not delusional like some on this message board. I look at things from every perspective and not what I want or hope things to be.
@JMick @CL82

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hurley has a very good and talented team. There is a lot of similarities with this team and the 2011 and 2014 team.
Hmm let's see... They both started 5 players. Um, they both live in Storrs. Uh, they wear blue and white uniforms...

Reaction Score
Freescooter requires frequent refuels of his miserability index and uses the Boneyard as his personal gas station.

My Taliek story: I was a freshman living in the northwest dorms when he and Tony Robertson walked by while we were playing Time Crisis II. They hopped in for a game or two and were some of the funniest dudes I've met. They may or may not have smelled like the burned leaves of a green plant. Was an interesting initiation to college life.
@weyuo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom