OT: - Syracuse Basketball Delusion | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse Basketball Delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If Cuse can say with any luck they would have 3 or 4 titles UConn can say the same. 90, 95, 96, 2002, 2009 teams were capable of winning 6 in a row in the tourney. Could have been 8>1.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If Cuse can say with any luck they would have 3 or 4 titles UConn can say the same. 90, 95, 96, 2002, 2009 teams were capable of winning 6 in a row in the tourney. Could have been 8>1.
If you're going to point out years where a small bit of luck would have made the difference you have to include 2003. When was the last time a (barely deflected) layup got stuck between the rim and the backboard?

We also happened to get stuck playing the University of Texas in the state of Texas for that game, similar to eight years earlier having to play the University of Florida in Florida (our bad luck cost us a game that went to OT).

1994 & 2003 deserve a spot on your list.

Reaction Score
They are going absolutely bananas over getting a commitment from a top 200 2019 SG right now.

Geez things must be really bad in Cuse land no wonder they're more delusional and pathetic than normal.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think it's funny that the only thing they have going for them is the Acc. And we would've been in their if it wasn't for espn and Boston college. We were supposed to be in over Louisville (or Pittsburgh). They also better get all this in now bc when Boheim leaves, who knows if they'll stay how they are or join BC at the bottom.Their new coach will also have the luxury of not coming into a post season ban and sanctions.

Reaction Score
They are going absolutely bananas over getting a commitment from a top 200 2019 SG right now.

Geez things must be really bad in Cuse land no wonder they're more delusional and pathetic than normal.

Nice to see them recruiting like a scrappy mid-major. 6 out of their last 7 commits have come from outside the top 100. Pair that with proven scrubs like Chukwu, Howard and Moyer and wish them the best competing with Duke.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nice to see them recruiting like a scrappy mid-major. 6 out of their last 7 commits have come from outside the top 100. Pair that with proven scrubs like Chukwu, Howard and Moyer and wish them the best competing with Duke.

I'm with you, but let's not get too excited. A month or so ago our recruiting looked worse. Hell, getting someone to simply commit was a chore.

Reaction Score
I'm with you, but let's not get too excited. A month or so ago our recruiting looked worse. Hell, getting someone to simply commit was a chore.

Whoever said that trolling needs logic. And our mediocre outlook doesn't negate the fact that Syracuse is blowing an amazing situation in the ACC while their program falls into shambles.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Whoever said that trolling needs logic. And our mediocre outlook doesn't negate the fact that Syracuse is blowing an amazing situation in the ACC while their program falls into shambles.

Point.

Reaction Score
Lets not forget how overrated that nose picking, Mr Potato Head look-a-like Boheim is as well. Doing less with more and early tourney flame outs are his mantra. I'm still honestly confused how he made the Basketball HOF. I honestly would take Jay Wright as a coach over Boheim, even during Boheim's "prime".

Reaction Score
Lets not forget how overrated that nose picking, Mr Potato Head look-a-like Boheim is as well. Doing less with more and early tourney flame outs are his mantra. I'm still honestly confused how he made the Basketball HOF. I honestly would take Jay Wright as a coach over Boheim, even during Boheim's "prime".

He did win a ton of BE titles and made it to a bunch of FF's but I get your point. The zone is a gimmick defense, he's got maybe the biggest home court advantage in all of sports (I've been to a UConn game at the dome it's brutal) and he's feasted on garbage upstate NY (and beyond) competition his whole career. Still, Calhoun called him the best coach he's ever coached against so we can thank Boeheim and Syracuse for the extra motivation and all our banners. :)

IMG_0976.PNG

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He did win a ton of BE titles and made it to a bunch of FF's but I get your point. The zone is a gimmick defense, he's got maybe the biggest home court advantage in all of sports (I've been to a UConn game at the dome it's brutal) and he's feasted on garbage upstate NY (and beyond) competition his whole career. Still, Calhoun called him the best coach he's ever coached against so we can thank Boeheim and Syracuse for the extra motivation and all our banners. :)

View attachment 24875

Given the number of wins he has (even w the vacated ones), it's a shoe-in that he'd make the Hall. You don't even need an NC to do so.

I think the zone works really well for teams that haven't seen it, Teams that know it can slice it up if they are well coached; they've got to have the right personnel too. If you can't shoot at all from the outside, you're in trouble.

Reaction Score
Kid: But coach, why do I have to stop, my guy just went by me. I got him coach. I can do this.

JB: Stay in your box kid.

Must be exhilarating to the kids learning this.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

OrangeDW Hall of Fame
HOFCeluck said:
Boneyard now going crazy for a 2G with offers from...

VCU, Penn St, BC, UMass, St Joes.
That is their new peer group. Bad P5 teams and mid majors. They'll never be loaded with talent again, but if they play with enough pluck and grit, they should be able to build that program to where they can occasionally finish in the top 2-3 in that league and scrape out an NCAA berth here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom