OT: - Syracuse Basketball Delusion | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse Basketball Delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can someone report this mother to the DCF in the Durham area?

tumblr_omri6lsnfp1tfmrz4o1_250.gif

That's abuse.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

CusefanATL Hall of Fame
OrangeFoo said:
Why do we always seem to face the same teams over and over again in preseason tourneys... For awhile it was Cal every year and I seem to remember facing a number of big 12 teams a lot too. I wish we would get into a big boy tournament one of these years and take on Kentucky or Kansas or Arizona. The more we can play and beat those programs the more we will prove that we are the same level as them in the eyes of recruits.
Arizona is kind of a weird add in there...

Gotta keep in mind there are so many blue bloods per tourney. And we are usually the big name in each 1 we are in. Playing UConn is the equivalent of playing Kansas or Kentucky. They have 4 freaking titles in the last 15 years.

found some rational thought

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

SoBeCuse Hall of Fame
Cusefan0307 said:
I fully admit I am not fully in the know like Francis, but I do follow recruiting and I am pretty sure RHJ is the only guy you referenced that we really went after. Ashley is definately a no. He went to Findley Prep in Nevada. Tarczewski was in our area, but we didn't offer him.

I sense a lot of people are obsessed about who Zona is getting lately and good for them, but if these players are so great Miller must be an awful game coach, because he certainly hasn't had as much success overall as we have had this decade.
Kaleb T really wasn't offered? Maybe I'm thinking of Stanley Johnson and not Ashley. Anyways, Arizona has been a few points away twice (one OT) from a F4 since Miller arrived. They have been consistently very good. Same with Virginia. In Boeheim's last presser he specifically cited Arizona and Virginia as programs who shouldn't have their overall excellent success lately diminished by no F4 appearance. I mean it's not like Syracuse had a good regular season the past couple of seasons. Our fanbase should have their heads examined if people are questioning Arizona's legitimacy as a national power, Miller's ability to coach, and their appeal to recruits as a major destination spot.

found some more

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

omniorange All Conference
SoBeCuse said:
Our fanbase should have their heads examined if people are questioning Arizona's legitimacy as a national power, Miller's ability to coach, and their appeal to recruits as a major destination spot.
Speaking only for myself, I agree that Arizona is a great basketball program, but when someone (not you) lists them as a big boy on the same level as Kentucky and Kansas while at the same time elevating them above the likes of UConn and Villanova, well I just don't see that at all.

YMMV

Cheers,
Neil

have to give credit where it's due

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

1. HOFCeluck Living Legend
    I think it's somewhat telling that even after an OV UConn isn't on the radar of any of the recruiting experts making predictions on two four zzzeven.

HOFCeluck, Wednesday at 1:45 PM

Cusefan0307 likes this.

2. doc05 Starter
    HOFCeluck said:
    I think it's somewhat telling that even after an OV UConn isn't on the radar of any of the recruiting experts making predictions on two four zzzeven.
    Jalen projects to be a PG in the NBA. They just signed a fringe top 100 (at best) PG which spoke volumes no matter how much their fans want to convince themselves they have a shot by making him a combo. He knows he will be a lead guard here with the ball in his hands a lot. He doesn't see himself playing in the Big East, which is a better bball conference than the AAC. Plus, there will be no forward talent at UConn for him to play alongside that that will come close to Bazley. Don't see how Uconn can even be in the picture at this point, but they get a gold star for trying.
and we're back

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

HOFCeluck Living Legend
OrangeDW said:
That one UConn fan said he should go to UConn to play man to man and that will get him drafted. LOL. Yeah, because that's the biggest thing those scouts care about. We have first round picks every single year...they don't care if they play zone or man in college.
Syracuse Players in the NBA - RealGM

Connecticut Players in the NBA - RealGM

do we go by quantity or quality? for the casual fan, the one who is talked about the most is melo and waiters when he has a few good games. being serious, who else is legit on their list? our numbers are down but we have two all stars and players who perform very well.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Syracuse has 5 first team all Americans and 6 final fours (1 championship). 5 big east tournament titles and 10 regular season titles

UCONN has 6 first team all Americans and 5 final fours (4 championships). 7 big east tournament titles(8 if you count the AAC) and 10 regular season titles

@MSGSeven is this correct?

If so, all they have now is the rabble rabble rabble aac rabble rabble?

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Syracuse has 5 first team all Americans and 6 final fours (1 championship). 5 big east tournament titles and 10 regular season titles

UCONN has 6 first team all Americans and 5 final fours (4 championships). 7 big east tournament titles(8 if you count the AAC) and 10 regular season titles

@MSGSeven is this correct?

If so, all they have now is the rabble rabble rabble aac rabble rabble?

I'd love to see a list of UCONN's Top 10 players vs Syracuse's.

I'm guessing UCONN's team would crush there's. Off the top of my head, Derrick Coleman and Carmelo Anthony are the heavy hitters for them. I think there was also a great guard way back, but the name escapes me.

Everybody knows our guys, but probably couldn't decide on a list. Too many to mention.

Reaction Score

1. HOFCeluck Living Legend
There are experts at that site who have Carey going to Seton Hall and Kansas, so ... their crystal balls have some dust on them.

Reaction Score
There are experts at that site who have Carey going to Seton Hall and Kansas, so ... their crystal balls have some dust on them.

Although with all that we have seen as UConn fans lately and Carey not announcing for just under a month, who knows if they need to cut them off huh up? :eek:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'd love to see a list of UCONN's Top 10 players vs Syracuse's.

I'm guessing UCONN's team would crush there's. Off the top of my head, Derrick Coleman and Carmelo Anthony are the heavy hitters for them. I think there was also a great guard way back, but the name escapes me.

Everybody knows our guys, but probably couldn't decide on a list. Too many to mention.

Would there's be coleman, melo, warrick, G.Mac, douglass?

Ours IMO would be Kemba, Ray (I could see myself putting gordon here), Rip, Donyell, Emeka

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The late great Pearl Washington
yeah I thought so, but i went to other sites that listed cuse greats and I didnt see him on many, if any. bing, yes ,was on them

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hey Dave Bing ain't walkin through that door any time soon

In a macabre way, I wish he'd passed of old age. I wanted to respond with, "yeah that's cause he's dead" or some such thing.

But at 73, I'm not worried about his perimeter game anymore.

Reaction Score
And we beat you last year with two of our three best players out for the year so what does that say about your scrub team and program you clown

4>1

View attachment 24911
"The NIT didnt want them" if he knew anything about the sport of basketball he would know that you have to finish above .500 to join that. Not to have pride in that but still, use your brains cuse fans.

Reaction Score
And we beat you last year with two of our three best players out for the year so what does that say about your scrub team and program you clown
That was your best win of the entire season. The best team you beat over 33 games was a terrible Syracuse team that missed the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
That was your best win of the entire season. The best team you beat over 33 games was a terrible Syracuse team that missed the NCAA tournament.

I think everyone here agrees last year's team was terrible and yet you still lost to us.

That is embarrassing to you.

Through, to be fair, there was more than enough embarrassment to go around for both teams last year.

We were the skinniest kids at fat camp!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think everyone here agrees last year's team was terrible and yet you still lost to us.

That is embarrassing to you.

Through, to be fair, there was more than enough embarrassment to go around for both teams last year.

We were the skinniest kids at fat camp!
Was it the year Boheim missed games that they should've missed the tourney but the NCAA didn't count those games?

Reaction Score
Was it the year Boheim missed games that they should've missed the tourney but the NCAA didn't count those games?

The year Boheim missed games that they should've missed the tourney but the NCAA didn't count those games was two years ago. He's talking about 2017.

Also, it's Boeheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01