OT: - Syracuse Basketball Delusion | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse Basketball Delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was your best win of the entire season. The best team you beat over 33 games was a terrible Syracuse team that missed the NCAA tournament.
Best win? I guess you could say that but it was an MSG game so it's pretty much a home court game for us.

Reaction Score
That was your best win of the entire season. The best team you beat over 33 games was a terrible Syracuse team that missed the NCAA tournament.

It was a lost year as we lost two of our three best players at the beginning of the year no program could recover from that loss. And my point is in the midst of all that and all your trash talking we still beat your team. Yes you guys were terrible last year and you've lost your whole team except for Battle and your best players are leaving for Seton Hall so what does that say about the immediate future of your program? It says you guys won't be tasting success anytime soon. Does JB have one last run in him? Maybe or maybe not but the bottomline is you guys will get steamrolled in the ACC this year unless Tyus Battle miraculously turns into Michael Jordan overnight. The only thing your pathetic fanbase has got is the AAC. We've won a national championship out of that conference and we'll do it again. Carmelo Anthony ain't walkin through that door anytime soon and you guys know it.

Reaction Score
It was a lost year as we lost two of our three best players at the beginning of the year no program could recover from that loss. And my point is in the midst of all that and all your trash talking we still beat your team. Yes you guys were terrible last year and you've lost your whole team except for Battle and your best players are leaving for Seton Hall so what does that say about the immediate future of your program? It says you guys won't be tasting success anytime soon. Does JB have one last run in him? Maybe or maybe not but the bottomline is you guys will get steamrolled in the ACC this year unless Tyus Battle miraculously turns into Michael Jordan overnight. The only thing your pathetic fanbase has got is the AAC. We've won a national championship out of that conference and we'll do it again. Carmelo Anthony ain't walkin through that door anytime soon and you guys know it.
So why would recruits want to play for a team that goes 16-17 in an inferior conference with zero wins over tournament teams and zero wins over ranked teams? The highlight of your season was beating an NIT team on December 5th. It was all downhill before then and was all downhill after then.

Even in an extremely disappointing season for Syracuse, fans and recruits still got to experience this:

Yes you had an incredible run from 1999-2014 that any rational fan would trade for, but your past is all you have to look at now. At some point, past titles and miracle March runs become less and less relevant, as top recruits don't remember 2004 and are forgetting 2011 and will soon forget 2014. You have a HC who has yet to send a single recruit to the NBA, and a fan base that attends fewer and fewer games each season.

Jim Calhoun, Kemba, and Shabazz ain't walkin through that door ever again.

Reaction Score
So why would recruits want to play for a team that goes 16-17 in an inferior conference with zero wins over tournament teams and zero wins over ranked teams? The highlight of your season was beating an NIT team on December 5th. It was all downhill before then and was all downhill after then.

Even in an extremely disappointing season for Syracuse, fans and recruits still got to experience this:

Yes you had an incredible run from 1999-2014 that any rational fan would trade for, but your past is all you have to look at now. At some point, past titles and miracle March runs become less and less relevant, as top recruits don't remember 2004 and are forgetting 2011 and will soon forget 2014. You have a HC who has yet to send a single recruit to the NBA, and a fan base that attends fewer and fewer games each season.

Who has Sara walking thru their door that can equal that combo or ever had?

Reaction Score

Wow, what a dumb post.

Jalen Adams is walking through that door as we speak and he is better than anyone on the Syracuse roster.

I'm not quite sure what the purpose of the Duke buzzer beater video is. Congrats on beating Duke in February, I guess.

Wake me when you beat them in March or the first week of April.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wow, what a dumb post.

Jalen Adams is walking through that door as we speak and he is better than anyone on the Syracuse roster.

I'm not quite sure what the purpose of the Duke buzzer beater video is. Congrats on beating Duke in February, I guess.

Wake me when you beat them in March or the first week of April.

So is Gilbert and so is larrier. I wouldn't trade any of those 3 for battle. lol Syracuse. They are on their way to being BC. How has the ACC brand helpend BC?

Reaction Score

but I'm sure you've got your replacement nose-picker who will put thousands of asses in the seats all set up? Might not want to crap on teams who have recently had their eternal hall of fame coach leave... karma is waiting......

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Since 2014 you guys have made the tourney once in 2016. Same with us. We also have a conference tourney title. You don't.

Recruits are not forgetting 2011 and 2014. Recruits along with the media continue to talk about both runs.

What players has Boheim sent to the NBA since 2011 that are relevant? Waiters....? You also have a coach flirting with retiring every year and your replacement future head coach left.

Yeah, Kemba and shabazz aren't coming through the door but we continue to get guards that produce and have the ability to replicate shabazz and kemba. It's been almost 15 years since melo and what do you guys have to show for it?

Reaction Score
This is a school that already perfected the transition from national power to national laughingstock (in football). Yet they remain fiercely convinced this can not happen in basketball. The ACC is not going to save them. I wish them the best with their horde of 3 star players. They can have fun competing with Clemson and NC State for 9th best in conference. No need to make this complicated, just take a look at their embarrassingly bad roster and commitment list.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have 10 NBA first round picks the past 10 years, and most of them weren't 5-star recruits. We take players in the 40s-50s range and turn them into NBA players. We might do it again with Jalen Carey. All I hear on this site is BC comparisons which make zero sense and living in the glory days, blissfully ignorant of the hard realities facing your program these next 3+ years. Good luck, see you on October 11th.

August_West

Reaction Score
We have 10 NBA first round picks the past 10 years, and most of them weren't 5-star recruits. We take players in the 40s-50s range and turn them into NBA players. We might do it again with Jalen Carey. All I hear on this site is BC comparisons which make zero sense and living in the glory days, blissfully ignorant of the hard realities facing your program these next 3+ years. Good luck, see you on October 11th.

why havent your 10 first round picks won a single ACC tourney game in 4 years. If you have all that talent, there has to be a reason. Bad coaching?

Reaction Score

Talk about blissfully ignorant. How do you rationalize 6 of your last 7 recruits being ranked outside the top 100? Do you think that will get better when JB leaves?

Reaction Score

Not that it matters but I believe Daniel Hamilton signed an NBA contract. The NBA talk is dopey just like all your pathetic arguments. UConn's all-NBA teams would destroy Cuse's in every way, shape and form. Every argument your fanbase has is built out of jealousy and an inferiority complex. UConn rose above Syracuse and Georgetown and became the king of the Big East and a blue blood program with four NC's and you guys can't handle it. Now it's just wishful thinking and delusion that UConn has become a mid-major cause of the AAC. The reality is UConn is still an elite program regardless of conference affiliation that will continue to produce conference and national championships and NBA players. See you in December :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

We would talk more about the past if we had Helm's trophies to hang our hat's on.

You're one NC should have an asterisk on it. The NCAA easily could have taken it away if they went back ten years from the point the investigation began.

Do you want to know how to evaluate a superior program? You post this stuff and we laugh at it. If one of us goes to your forum and posts this stuff we get banned. Way too soft. That's what comes from people who watch zone defense for decades. No guts. No moxie. And you guys call yourselves NYC's team.

Reaction Score
Do you want to know how to evaluate a superior program? You post this stuff and we laugh at it. If one of us goes to your forum and posts this stuff we get banned. Way too soft. That's what comes from people who watch zone defense for decades. No guts. No moxie. And you guys call yourselves NYC's team.

I mean we laugh at it a lot as well.

And MSGseven is welcome any time:)

Reaction Score
The glory days? Like 2014 and 2011. Man, that was so long ago, don't even think we had cars back then.

Don't get in a pissing contest with Uconn. Tyler Olander has twice as many national championships as Jim Boeheim does, that's all that needs to be said.

August_West

Reaction Score
Me personally? No I'm not a mod.

But I do know that particular poster is not banned from our board.

pretty much every UConn fan ever to enter has been banned.

Syracuse fans are the original snowflakes.

Guaranteed I can go over there right now, post exactly the same stuff eastcoast posted in this thread and I will be banned in minutes and you know it.

Reaction Score
pretty much every UConn fan ever to enter has been banned.

Syracuse fans are the original snowflakes.

Guaranteed I can go over there right now, post exactly the same stuff eastcoast posted in this thread and I will be banned in minutes and you know it.

Well, this snowflake would like to see you go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom