OT: - Syracuse Basketball Delusion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse Basketball Delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Been to Syracuse once. Place is gross. The ugly dome, hideous campus. Most of the people there look like the offspring of Rocky Dennis and that freak from The Goonies. The entire place should just be razed and turned into a parking lot.
You're blocking again...

Reaction Score

1. HOFCeluckLiving Legend
    I can honestly say I don't care about 4>1 or how many titles Tyler Olander had. I would not trade places with UConn fan for anything. And though they would NEVER Admit the same, they have an entire message board that says otherwise.

Today at 9:27 AM

Sums up their fanbase.
Lol! he got me. ive been secretly envious of the Cuse program and all their accomplishments as Uconns meager accomplishments just cant compare. Oh how i wish i had been born a cuse fan.

Reaction Score
I disagree on almost everything you say here. One game doesn't mean everything but it definitely means something especially when we don't have two of our three best players. In my opinion, our three best players last year (Adams, Larrier and Gilbert) are more talented than any one player on last year Cuse's team. Lydon is a nice player but overrated and drafted purely on potential of size and shooting ability. I don't think he makes it in the NBA and judging how the majority of Cuse players fail at the next level that's not a bad assessment. Battle is very talented but he's gonna have a lot of pressure to carry the offense and teams will make him the focal point on defense. You're undervaluing Thompson cause you're letting your feelings blind reality. He was no doubt one of your top two players and maybe your best player. Him not coming back is a HUGE loss for you guys. I don't see how Cuse doesn't struggle to win games in the ACC this year with such a young inexperienced team but JB's surprised in the past.
That's fine and I expected nothing else, we're both entitled to our opinions. Battle is definitely the best player going into this season, and as I said we'll miss Thompson but the front court is where we have depth. Young for sure, but there's a slew of quality players there. Our back court is extremely thin with Battle and yet-to-prove-he-belongs-in-the-ACC Frank Howard. That's why we got Geno Thorpe as a grad transfer.

I'm curious how your statement "majority of Cuse players fail at the next level" was formulated. Do you have numbers? How many UConn players have made the NBA in the last 5 years?

Reaction Score
That's fine and I expected nothing else, we're both entitled to our opinions. Battle is definitely the best player going into this season, and as I said we'll miss Thompson but the front court is where we have depth. Young for sure, but there's a slew of quality players there. Our back court is extremely thin with Battle and yet-to-prove-he-belongs-in-the-ACC Frank Howard. That's why we got Geno Thorpe as a grad transfer.

I'm curious how your statement "majority of Cuse players fail at the next level" was formulated. Do you have numbers? How many UConn players have made the NBA in the last 5 years?
Are you really trying to start a UConn-Cuse NBA argument?

Yikes. Quit while you're ahea...scratch that, you're already behind.

Reaction Score

I'll do better than numbers I'll give you names like Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Caron Butler, Rudy Gay, Kemba Walker, Andre Drummond, etc. Your one claim to fame in the NBA is going to go down as one of the most selfish, overrated and one dimensional stat compilers in the history of the league. In the last five years Drummond, Lamb and Napier have made the NBA. Stretch it to six years and throw in Kemba. Cuse can't do better talent wise with that list. Those guys also have four NC rings between them. How many NC rings do your NBA guys of the last five-six years have?

Reaction Score
Not sure I'm talking 'mad noise'... In my opinion, Syracuse has more talent than UConn, and I'm here to debate that opinion amongst other college basketball related topics.

SU didn't go that hard after Wilson, we thought Jordan Tucker was ours and due to the limited scholarship situation, Tucker was priority over Wilson.

Probably better a better place for you on your home court discussing how much more talented you guys are with PauliePeppas don't you think?

Reaction Score
I still blame Cuse for us not winning the championship in '09. Who puts an oafish Belgian on a basketball court? Seriously?! If Dyson hadn't injured himself by landing on that bumbling fool, we'd have won it all. Without our starting 2/3 we still went to the Final Four (Many thanks to Sticks for stepping up big). You can have as many imbeciles as you want, and we've had some some garbage time players as well over the years, but playing a Belgian that doesn't know how to get out of the way!?

As for debates upon which program is better, there are only a couple sets of numbers that matter, and even that Belgian could tell us 4>1.

Reaction Score
Talent =/= results from one game. No doubt SU had more talent than UConn last year. And no doubt which team had the better season. Just because UConn wins one game, doesn't make them the better team. Syracuse beat Duke last year, and Duke had more talent. Did Northeastern and Wagner have more talent than UConn? Of course not.

I'm optimistic for the 2018-2019 squad. Losing 5 of your best 6 players is tough for any team except Kentucky, but this year's SU team has some nice pieces.

Thompson would have started sure, but I wouldn't have called him a top 2 player on the team. Very skilled offensively, but very ineffective on defense and rebounding. We have a freshman center, Bourama Sidibe, who we think will be better defensively than Thompson is.

UConn may have the advantage in the back court, but Syracuse may have the advantage in the front court, should be another good game in December.

Pretty sad when you have to look two years down the road for some optimism. Especially when you're the NBA factory and elite program known as the Syracuse Orange.

Meanwhile in Storrs, we're very optimistic about our four time National Championship blueblood program this year and years to come.

BTW the whole Jim and Buddy Boeheim going out as National Champions is a very cute story right up there with the saga of Bernie Fine.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
A board full of idiots. Miami is their biggest challenge for Carey? They wouldn't trade places with us, because they have a brighter future? Who are these people?

Reaction Score
Meanwhile in Storrs, we're very optimistic about our four time National Championship blueblood program this year and years to come.
Not so sure about that.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I can honestly say I don't care about 4>1 or how many titles Tyler Olander had. I would not trade places with UConn fan for anything. And though they would NEVER Admit the same, they have an entire message board that says otherwise.

Sums up their fanbase.

He has 2. That's 1 more than Jim Boeheim. And 1 more than Syracuse, if you don't count the "titles" they earned when black people weren't allowed to play.

Reaction Score
I won't jump all over you like the fans on your site. But we'd have more respect for you if you just came out and said what you truly felt like Carey wouldn't want to come to UConn because there's not much talent on the wings there (Vital, Williams, Wilson, Polley and possibility of Larrier coming back). Serious question, why do Cuse fans live in such a delusional fantasy world? Just accept two things UConn has had the more successful program and we're still relevant hence signing talented recruits like Wilson, Akinjo, etc. Your top recruit and his father obviously feel like we're still relevant and have a bright future.

View attachment 24787

It's as if you haven't been reading this board for the last few years. Plenty of people on here live in a delusional fantasy world as well.

Reaction Score
I don't see how they could be optimistic about that s___ show of a roster. They have a stout recruiting class with 4 sub 100 players, proven scrubs, transfers from crap AAC schools, and Tyus Battle. Talent rules and while they play in the most talented league in the country, they have very, very little to be hopeful.

We need to hope one of our 5 lower ranked bigs exceeds expectations . They need to hope 6 of their low ranked players exceed expectations if they want to be good.

Reaction Score
Not so sure about that.

Find a new school to root for then or better yet be a Cuse fan. A couple weeks ago people thought the sky was falling. Since then we've added two 4* recruits and might not have enough scholarships to hand out for next year. And oh btw we're still UConn hence why talent is starting to flock to Storrs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He has 2. That's 1 more than Jim Boeheim. And 1 more than Syracuse, if you don't count the "titles" they earned when black people weren't allowed to play.
Wait, wasn't 'cuse's natty vacated because it fell within a decade long triple scandal involving drugs, cash payments to players, and academic fraud?

4>1*

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Sums up their fanbase.

Vile disingenuous human beings.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Wait, wasn't 'cuse's natty vacated because it fell within a decade long triple scandal involving drugs, cash payments to players, and cheating?

4>1*
Bills noted that the NCAA and cuse "negotiated" to start the violations after that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom